Why Do People Stare at Pregnant Women?

ChesMik4eva

Lorenzo's Mama
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that as soon as you are obviously showing people blatantly stare at you wherever you go? I'm not talking a quick glance, but like a full on ogle at your belly.

Why does everyone do this?! I have it wherever I go, from men, women, older ladies, and teenagers. It's so bizarre. Being pregnant is pretty common isn't it?! If I have my sunnies on and just look out of the corner of my eye I can see everyone staring at my belly, looking me up and down.

I even noticed a few people sitting eating at a cafe and the women had her back to me and her partner was looking at me, said something to her and then she turned around and had a big sticky beak herself. WTF?! I'm pregnant, not the first and certainly won't be the last! Why are people so interested? I admit I might glance at woman's belly if she's pregnant but I don't have a full on stare.

I don't mind if it's in a nice way and they smile/ask how far along I am but to just stare at me with a blank look on your face for ages is pretty rude.

Please tell me everyone else gets this?! :wacko:

Im still not obviously pregnant to the public.. Probably have ppl staring at me thinking.. Dang girl lay off the donuts

Im still not obviously pregnant to the public.. Probably have ppl staring at me thinking.. Dang girl lay off the donuts

Lol! Before I was obviously showing I used to wish I could walk around with a sign that said, 'I'm pregnant - not fat!' It's just that in-between stage that is a bit awkward lol.

Haha. ive seen shirts that say that. Yes it is.. Changing like 5 times while getting ready for work cause I dont want to look straight up chunky. Oh well its worth it :)

Yes! I went to panera with my boyfriend
Today. My first time out since my stomach has really poped
and EVERYONE was starring. I just wanted to be like, can I help you?

Yes! I went to panera with my boyfriend
Today. My first time out since my stomach has really poped
and EVERYONE was starring. I just wanted to be like, can I help you?

I know! Going to the supermarket the other day I felt like a was in a zoo getting stared at. I felt very uncomfortable with the amount of attention you get and you can't tell if it's good or bad.

I like to think it's just because us pregnant women are so beautiful with life! :)

Yes! Today I was out and about with OH and so many people were staring at my bump as we passed them by, they were literally craning their necks. I notice more men stare than women.

:rofl: the blank stare, I remember that! I was 18 and pregnant with DS1, it was like they'd never seen a pregnant belly before. Now it's not big deal, hardly anyone pays that much attention, at least where I live. The only stares I get now are from the sixth graders when I pick up my son from his after school program.

:rofl: the blank stare, I remember that! I was 18 and pregnant with DS1, it was like they'd never seen a pregnant belly before. Now it's not big deal, hardly anyone pays that much attention, at least where I live. The only stares I get now are from the sixth graders when I pick up my son from his after school program.

I'm 19 so maybe they stare because I look young. I guess that's why I feel so weird about it, if it was in a nice way I wouldn't mind but I always feel like they are judging me or something.

They always look away when I look back lol so I think I might just stare them down.

:blush: I caught myself self today staring at a pregnant lady... It was memories more than anything... Then all of a sudden snapped out of it haha I'm sorry if I offended her, but I miss it :)

:blush: I caught myself self today staring at a pregnant lady... It was memories more than anything... Then all of a sudden snapped out of it haha I'm sorry if I offended her, but I miss it :)

Yours was in a nice way lol. That's ok. It's the weirdos that stare you up and down and break their necks to get a look. I don't get it!

I'm 19 so maybe they stare because I look young. I guess that's why I feel so weird about it, if it was in a nice way I wouldn't mind but I always feel like they are judging me or something.

They always look away when I look back lol so I think I might just stare them down.

Probably are, but that's their problem. It's really not an excuse to be rude in any case and I like that, stare right back at them. ;)

Probably are, but that's their problem. It's really not an excuse to be rude in any case and I like that, stare right back at them. ;)

100% agree with you!

I used to stare with envy lol Maybe they do too, thinking "When is it gonna be my turn?" or "Why did I lose my baby but they get one? It's not fair!"

Same here! Its really odd isn't it!! xxxx

Wait till your huge and in your 3rd trimester its like you have 4heads they way they stare and out comes the annoying comments lol grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thank you!!!!! Gosh I thought it was only me that got the odd looks!!! People literally STARE at my bump and me! Men stare mostly at my bump and i always think I've. Dropped food down my top so look down to see what they're looking at! But women, oh man, they will stare at the bump then they will stare at me! I always just stare back at women as they have that 'nosy' look on their faces. But men just stare without any expression! It's soooo annoying I think by the end of this pregnancy I will have slapped on of those starers. Honestly. There are a billion and one preggo women in the world, why stare at me? Plus I get so easily annoyed now that I'm preggos lol they better watch out lol

Maybe we look funny? :)
I feel huge and awkward and sometimes think I must look pretty comical!

I like to think it's just because us pregnant women are so beautiful with life! :)

I'd agree with this because I'm guilty of staring at obviously pregnant ladies. Combination of jealousy (why aren't I there yet?!) and thinking it's beautiful. I'll admit, there's time I'm judging too (forgive me, but I'm human) when they are massively huge, have 6 kids running around running into and grabbing random strangers and no shoes on themselves or any of the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->