28 weeks fundal height at 25 weeks

Miss_chicka

Mum to 2 earth side
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just got back from my 28 week doctors appointment and when he measured my belly it was only measuring at 25 weeks. He has referred me to get a growth scan but I’m still worried until I get that done.
I was wondering if anyone has gone through the same thing.
Thank you :)

My son’s fundal was a bit off and on. I recall them bringing it up but saying it was nbd. Then they said at 37w my son was measuring small (about 5lbs) based on what they could feel. But I shouldn’t worry as babies in tri 3 can gain a lb a week and first time moms rarely go before 40 weeks. I had my son 2 days later. He was 18 inches and 5lbs 3oz. I opted no nicu, and he was formula fed then later I continued to fortify my breast milk with formula. I had to feed him every two hours whether he was sleeping or not for the first month or so. It was an awful time (mostly as I had supply and latching issues and he had reflux to make matters worse). Also even when I gave him just my milk, he needed those extra calories and nutrients to grow so he was purple crying all the time until we figured out what was wrong. But he caught within months. He’s like 50-60 percentile now. Nobody believes me that he was 0.02 percentile at birth.

My first was measuring a week or 2 small around that time. I also had a flag on my earlier blood work I may be at a higher risk of growth restriction. I was sent for a 35 week growth scan and baby was small but not iugr small. My daughter was born at 40+4 at 6lbs 13 oz.

I wouldn't worry too much until the ultrasound and know that even that can be a bit off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->