what Christmassy Thing Have You Done Today?

We’ve not got Christmas chocolates for the last couple of years because they get eaten straight away. Usually by me :haha:

Going to get a new tree today as half the lights on our other one have stopped working and they're built in lights too. Thinking of a fibre optic tree :xmas9:

We didn't have them for a long time. I came down stairs to find two chocolate covered boys with no knowledge of what happened to the tree chocolates :haha:
We had them on the tree as kids and would just he allowed one now and then, I'm not really sure what the basis was, sometimes we'd be told no, sometimes yes, but it was always during the build up. We'd have selection boxes and tubs of roses/quality street etc so didn't really need the extra chocolate after Christmas. Dh family used to make them wait. I'm assuming its because they didn't have much in the way of chocolate usually. It sounds like a TV show or something but they would actually cut a mars bar in to 3 pieces to share between the kids. So they were allowed to eat the chocolates at new years. But honestly, I've got tubs of chocolates, matchmakers, we will have after eights, my friend always sends a selection box each, I'm doing then a movie bucket each filled with sweets and chocolate and snack things. Ds2 just had to throw away some chocolate from last Christmas that he didn't get round to eating! I seriously don't think they will need this chocolate after Christmas :xmas13:

The wreath looks great Angel

Lovely tree Kirsty

We also put chocolates on the tree Bump, we haven't since ds1 and ds2 ate the lot when I was out of the room as toddlers :haha: dh is very insistent that they are for after Christmas though which seems bizarre to me as they get so much chocolate and things at Christmas they won't want to eat the ones on the tree. But he was the one who wanted to buy them so whatever :haha:

Oh mine will eat them before Xmas for sure but I don’t really care as you say they get so much as Xmas anyway ! I will end up buying another bag or two !! I always hide 2 well will be 3 this year inside the tree so when we are taking it down they get a little surprise and find them !

Got a fibre optic christmas tree, star tree topper, tinsel and Christmas cards.

Sorted the cupboard in the spare room so that teacher gifts, mum's birthday present (13th) and dd birthday gifts are out on top of the wardrobe ready. Got the decorations down from the loft for next weekend-dd says she'd like them up before her birthday! Finally found the advent candle under our bed-spent hours looking first yesterday. Off to post letter to santa in a minute.

Tree skirt and window lights came today so have put them up.

We've had a lazy day so far. Still not watched Christmas chronicles...will do after lunch x

We put some more bits of garland up and another set of lights. Also asked Alexa to visit santas grotto.

Happy 1st advent @AngelUK xx

Grandparents brought the children some advent calendars and we just watched Christmas Chronicles !! Woop it’s Christmas time !

Tomorrow I’ve got to wrap and finish our elf box and make sure they all have the same amount of things if not quick dash to the shops ! They won’t get it until Tuesday evening anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->