July/Aug 2022 babies ❤️

Went in to ob triage last night for painful contractions only 2 cm dilated so was sent home after 3 hours. They gave me something to help me sleep and relax but it only worked for like 3 hours before I was up and pacing with contractions again . Docs at 11:45 fingers crossed she decides to induce me now

My scan yesterday went well, baby has had a growth spurt. He’s 60th percentile and his tummy is 90th! Makes sense as my other two had a fair bit of chubby going on. Has anyone else has a big tummy measurement?

Hi all

Little Evelyn arrived yesterday 4:20pm weighing 6lb 6oz
After breaking waters at 11 had a few contractions but not enough, already had the drip up for antibiotics so they started the hormone drip at 2pm and turned the dose up every half an hr
I was using the gas, dh went to pick kids up from school and take them back to my mum, he got back at 4pm by which point Contractions were very strong, I had to then lay on left as her heart rate was dipping, suddenly felt the urge to push but still had underwear on haha
Midwife said you're not secretlt pushing are you, I said no I've still got my knickers on lol, 2 seconds later I was saying I'm pushing! Cue rush about for Dh to pull off knickers and I turned on all fours, few pushes and she was out, think everyone was very surprised and not expecting it thst quick lol, I definitely wasn't
Dh had only been back 20 mins and when he left I was barely having contractions!..

We've had a good sleep and she's fed a lot, I'm more tired now than last night and that's after 6 hours sleep lol

The other 3 came up to visit last night and all so in love with her

Should be home today

Lucy, hope scan goes well

Babymoma, good luck with your appointment

Congratulations on baby Evelyn! Sounds like she was ready to come out judging by how quickly things progressed!
I hope you get plenty of rest now as it sounds like it was rough at times

Glad scan went well Lucy! Growing a beautifully

Thank you Redrose, I didn't sleep for 1 minute last night, cluster feeding at its finest here! How I stayed awake I don't know, managed half an hr this morning when she fell asleep on Dh and she stayed in cot when he put her down, then he had to get the other 3 ready for school and out the door but that half an hr nap felt like heaven til she woke up lol
Hopefully thats the worst of it over, my other 3 all done the same the first night home and after that started sleeping in better chunks once milk came in
Pray for me lol

Was that night 2 for you Star? So bad for sleep! Hope your milk comes in soon, do you usually get it day3/4?

It was the dreaded night 2 Lucy, usually around 3/4 and I think we're nearly there now as heard a few little gulps this morning, how are you?

No induction date yet but she said my cervix is making progress and was able to string more membrane away. Rest of my plug came out and still having contractions. Doc said if it can get some more change in my cervix and get another good run of contractions and I go in then the hospital will keep me and augment my labor if necessary. So fingers crossed

Yay for your milk coming in Star. Do you get teary when that happens? I’m usually a mess of tears! Hope it helps baby girl sleep a bit more.

babymoma that’s great news that your progressing, looking forward to hearing you’re in full blown labour.

I’m having period like feeling the past 12 hours, I’m up early as it’s a bit uncomfortable. I really can’t remember if this is normal stretching or not. Feel like he’s moving less too, still moving but not as strong? Anyway I’m not too concerned as just had a scan a few days ago and all looked well. Oh, lol just got a big movement!! My coffee must have hit him lol. Poor thing but mama needs her morning coffee!

Morning ladies how is everyone? Babymomma I hope baby decides to make an appearance soon. He seems super comfy in there lol.

Star I totally get the whole cluster feeding situation and in 2 weeks I'm sure it will be me too lol. So nearly made it to 35 weeks woop. While in hospital I'm trying my best to make sure I'm ready. Washed bags kept tidy etc. We've had a few traces where baby has been quiet and on the low side for heart rate. Its making me anxious but I remind myself he's ok were monitored every 4 hours and he's ok. This time next week I.hope to be gearing up for the end game fingers crossed

Hi all

Little Evelyn arrived yesterday 4:20pm weighing 6lb 6oz
After breaking waters at 11 had a few contractions but not enough, already had the drip up for antibiotics so they started the hormone drip at 2pm and turned the dose up every half an hr
I was using the gas, dh went to pick kids up from school and take them back to my mum, he got back at 4pm by which point Contractions were very strong, I had to then lay on left as her heart rate was dipping, suddenly felt the urge to push but still had underwear on haha
Midwife said you're not secretlt pushing are you, I said no I've still got my knickers on lol, 2 seconds later I was saying I'm pushing! Cue rush about for Dh to pull off knickers and I turned on all fours, few pushes and she was out, think everyone was very surprised and not expecting it thst quick lol, I definitely wasn't
Dh had only been back 20 mins and when he left I was barely having contractions!..

We've had a good sleep and she's fed a lot, I'm more tired now than last night and that's after 6 hours sleep lol

The other 3 came up to visit last night and all so in love with her

Should be home today

Lucy, hope scan goes well

Babymoma, good luck with your appointment

Ahhhhhh congratulations star! Lovely news. Hope you are all doing well. So pleased for you :happydance:

Babymomma I'm looking forward to an update to say you're in labour or your little one is here!

@hayleight87 How's things with you and tannyn?

@star25 its so tiring the feeding initially isn't it, waiting for your milk to come in. Cian feeds every 2 hours, and takes ages to feed as he usually falls asleep on the boob. He's gone from 7lb 13.5oz to 8lb 8oz in 13 days though so I'm really happy with that.

@RedRose19 how long now til your induction?

@Lucy how are you? Not too much longer now for you xx

Babymomma I'm looking forward to an update to say you're in labour or your little one is here!

@hayleight87 How's things with you and tannyn?

@star25 its so tiring the feeding initially isn't it, waiting for your milk to come in. Cian feeds every 2 hours, and takes ages to feed as he usually falls asleep on the boob. He's gone from 7lb 13.5oz to 8lb 8oz in 13 days though so I'm really happy with that.

@RedRose19 how long now til your induction?

@Lucy how are you? Not too much longer now for you xx

I'm not sure exactly on days/ dates but my consultant is back from holidays Monday and I'm going to bombard him with everything. I'm also going to say look can we pin point a day and if it has to change that's fine. But while I'm stuck in hospital I want a goal to aim for. I'm guessing it's going to be some times between 36/37 weeks probably some time around July 21st I reckon

MrsT thank you, Cian is doing really well! I hope. Evelyn has gained by Monday too

Redrose, I think a date to aim for will definitely help you, have you had much to do to keep your mind busy to pass the time?

Babymoma I'm praying for you!

Sugger, thank you so much, how are you?

Lucy, I remember getting thr period type pains too on and off, breastfeeding is emotional isn't it, so many hormones working so hard lol

Red rose are you allowed up and to have a little walks in the hospital? It’ll the days must feel so long, I’d be the same wanting a date to work towards. I’m following a lady in the US who is in hospital too, think she’s now 30 weeks, her waters broke at 27 I think. She goes for walks outside and has set her room up like it’s her own, very interesting to watch!

those early days of breastfeeding are so tiring, I’m thinking of using my pump a bit to toughen up my nipples as they got so sore last time. Wonder if that will help?

Good idea lucy, could do, mine are already sore
Last night was the same, sis didn't stop feeding and sleep until 4am,managed to settle in bmt bed til 6 so another 2 hr sleep all night, seriously tempted with formula at this point, will try not to give in yet as I have a feeling it won't make a difference, its understandable at this age but it was never this bad with the others and I really need some sleep to be able to function the next day lol

Ugh Star hope she starts giving you longer stretches soon. If your nipples are getting sore maybe try some formula? I was scared to with my others as I thought it would mess with my supply but I had an oversupply so not sure why i didn’t give it a try. This time I’m going to look after myself more and introduce a bottle earlier if I need a break. It’s so different having other kids at home who need you with a newborn isn’t it!

That's true Lucy, I need to remember there's now 4 of them to look after and if I need to use formula alongside breastfeeding it might give me a break so Dh can settle her at times

Hope you're well today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->