What contraception are you ladies using while WTT?

I have had the implanon for nearly 12 years (my fourth one is due out in a few months) and it has been great for me.

Condoms. Always used them as I'd like to be artificial hormone free. :lol: Never had a problem with them, either. I know others are always complaining about them, but we don't mind them at all.

ETA: We've never had a 'slip up' either or had one break. When used correctly, condoms are 98% effective. We use regular ones, but thin ones we've tried do feel better. We just don't really care.

It basically means you have to use a very accurate digital thermometer to pick up changes in temperature that are tiny - just a few tenths of a degree sometimes. A regular thermometer just wouldn't be accurate enough. You also have to take your reading at the same time every day, before you even get out of bed, start moving around, eat breakfast, etc. as all these things can affect your temperature. I think you take the measurement under your arm or vaginally. There's loads of good information online about how to do it and how to interpret your results, but I've heard it can be tricky at first to get the technique spot on. Practice makes perfect I suppose! Hope this helps!

you take your temp orally (under your tongue is how i take mine) or vaginally. Temp every morning after roughly the same amount of hours sleep and that is it! You can learn a lot by doing it :) I've charted since before my DD was conceived .

for now we just either avoid the 'danger zone' or use condoms at that time. After that, nothing (or before)

I've just come off the pill so we'll be using good old fashioned condoms from now until we start TTC!:blush:

I have tried various types of the pill and have had issues with each one. The main problem was lack of sex drive and losing my hair. Brutal! So, I went off last December 2012 and we used the pull out method. We became pregnant in two cycles. Unfortunately, I did miscarry. We've been using the same method since May with no problems. I'm definitely more aware of my body now then I was earlier this year. I track my CM and I do cramp when I ovulate. I'm a shift worker and tracking my basal body temp wouldn't work that well for me. We'll be actively trying in January, but I wouldn't mind another oops.

I'm currently on the mini pill but that's only as a precaution until I get a copper coil fitted, hopefully in a couple of months! I already hate the mini pill! My options are really limited as we hate condoms, would be useless at NFP and I want to be on hormonal contraception for as short a time as possible! I'm also breastfeeding and don't know when my periods will return anyway so there's a little bit of protection from that! Can't wait to be contraception free again! :thumbup:

Beca :wave:

Abstinence most of the time to be honest :S Seriously though, just condoms. I don't trust pills to let my body conceive after. Maybe when I'm done having kids I'll try, but I doubt it, will probably just stick with condoms.

We just use condoms, i came off the pill in April with a view to TTC from Aug but put it off a bit until the new year. Condoms don't bother me too much, I'm enjoying the fact they're no mess lol sorry TMI!!

I use the nuvaring. I was scared because 2 of my friends got pregnant "on" it, but after using it I realized they just weren't following the directions correctly. There's no way this thing just "Falls out" like they said. I like it, my periods are completely regular and there's no weird appetite/huge hormonal changes.

We use the withdrawal method, as well. Then switch to a condom for the finish. No issues for a little over 2 years. I used to do the pill, but then I got pregnant and m/cd on it, so I will never go on another again (my personal preference).

I've been using Ortho Lo (the generic brand) for about 15 years, went off it for a year and tried the NuvaRing, but went back to the pill because I had issues with the ring slipping out.

I hate the pill though, can't wait to get off it. I really feel like it screws with my emotions a lot, and it makes me eat more. I swear. I went off for a few months when I was single after college, and I noticed I lost weight and wasn't snacking as much.

I don't really like condoms, so went back on and I'm basically counting the days until I can get it out of my system!

condoms, and that's it, all the hormones in the IUDs and BCP aggravate my RLS, give me terrible mood swings, or terrible acne, I'm really sensitive to it all for some reason, and no copper coil for me either, I have a metal allergy, lol

I have Paraguard, the copper IUD. I love it. All the hormonal kinds make me crazy and weepy, gain weight and some have caused my blood pressure to spike a lot. This is the only BC I've found that doesn't give me any problems.

Ive got the implant about a month ago as I have been single for a few months but do not have any intentions of having another child for a few years anyway. So far so good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->