Its been a minute...

Pink.Rose

Reaction score
Hey ladies, it's been a minute... I had to step away, for my own sanity, it was getting to the point where coming on here was too much for me, I know some of you can relate.. but it's been a bit now, and I guess it's time for an update.

For those who don't know my story, the short version is that we have been trying to conceive after a vasectomy reversal. I've officially lost count of the number of cycles it's been, but my guess is around 29.

At this point, I pretty much expect to see those negative tests every month, and often I just feel like what is the point of trying anymore, if it hasn't happened by now? But somehow when AF is over, I find the hope and strength to give it one more go the next cycle.

We recently passed the 2 year mark for ttc (surgery was Oct. 2021, and we have been officially trying since the following early Feb.) I've been wanting to go to the Dr for a while now, just to make sure everything is OK on my end, though I have no reason to suspect otherwise. I just feel like I need to know for sure that we are doing everything we can, however, I knew they wouldn't do much for me without current numbers from my hubby.

Well, we just got an updated sperm analysis finally, (he kept putting that off) and it showed that everything was fairly normal, except for his concentration levels, which are at a 7. Normal is anything greater or equal to 15, so this affects his total mobility count, putting him at 20 (normal is a minimum of 40).

With this information in hand, I will be seeing the dr myself tomorrow, I'm hoping all is well on my end, and that she can give us a clear path forward. I have no concerns with my cycle itself or ovulation as I seem to be pretty regular there, but there are a few things on my end that could be hormone related that I feel is worth discussing.. I'm open to trying clomid, or other natural options to up our chances if I'm eligible. My husband, unfortunately, is not open to assisted methods at this time though, otherwise I'd be looking to try an IUI. With his numbers being so low, this alone very likely the reason we haven't concieved on our own yet, but I'm told to not lose hope as natural conception is still possible with these numbers, but the chances are drastically reduced. I'm very much an overthinker, so I'm terrified for this appointment, I really shouldn't be though.. I guess its just because I have no idea what to expect and I don't know what the dr will say..

Anyway, I'm happy to see that in my absence, some of you have finally gotten those long awaited BFPs. I sincerely wish you all well and hope to be joining you soon! For those still in the wait, just know you aren't alone! Keep the faith, as hard as it may be some days.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies!

I had my appointment this morning. It went well, we discussed a lot, the provider is ordering several different labs for me, to include blood work and an ultrasound, as well as a hysterosalpingogram (which is a test where they inject a dye into your uterus to check for any blockages.

I'm only CD 9 right now, so its going to be a few weeks before I can get the blood and HSG done, but I'm optimistic.

She did say she thinks the next best step, even if all looks good, would be to consult with a reproductive endocrinologist for an IUI, but I told her my husband would prefer we try other (cheaper) options first. She brought up ovulation stimulation meds would be a possibility (even though I do appear to be ovulating just fine). But we are going to wait until all the tests are done before discussing further.

Just after I left to go home from my appointment, I happened to see a balloon in the sky. When I got a closer look, I noticed it was a baby balloon! What are the odds? If that's not a sign, I don't know what is! And I definitely needed that today.

Here's hoping this leads to a clear path forward, and a healthy BFP soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->