Trying, waiting, hoping

Hey! I am using the same ovulation tests as you! Here is a picture of my line progression! Like you, although its a digital test I still analyze the lines after, too! It can definitely detect numerous high fertility days before it peaks up your peak. On those high days make sure you're doing the dance!! Then when you get your peak BD that day and the day after for sure. Our first time TTC with the tests this month so fingers crossed we get a :bfp:!! I sincerely hope you get yours soon, too!

View attachment 1087581

Good luck!

Got a peak static face on the Clearblue monitor today! It's cycle day 18, which is around where I got it last month which is interesting!
The line on the cheapie test though (the pink one) is that considered peak because I don't really understand it. It doesn't look "as dark or darker" as the first line like everything says it should? Or maybe it's just me. The middle one in the picture again is the test strip from the Clearblue monitor

20200915_120125.jpg

As I got the peak face on the Clearblue test I can't use it again for 48 hours as it just stays there. But I took a second cheapie test later today to see if it got darker but it seems to have got lighter? :confused: Does this mean I missed the surge in those few hours? So have I ovulated? I'm so confused!

After I got the peak smiley this morning, D cancelled his plans for the evening so we could spend the evening together! Hoping we caught that egg!! [-o< :dust:

20200915_215002.jpg

As I got the peak face on the Clearblue test I can't use it again for 48 hours as it just stays there. But I took a second cheapie test later today to see if it got darker but it seems to have got lighter? :confused: Does this mean I missed the surge in those few hours? So have I ovulated? I'm so confused!

After I got the peak smiley this morning, D cancelled his plans for the evening so we could spend the evening together! Hoping we caught that egg!! [-o< :dust:

View attachment 1087711

I don't think you would have missed it! Ovulation doesn't happen for about 24 or up to 36 hours after your peak. Definitely do the dance this evening and do the dance again tomorrow just to be sure!

Not all tests have the same sensitivity so it's hard to compare that way

I don't think you would have missed it! Ovulation doesn't happen for about 24 or up to 36 hours after your peak. Definitely do the dance this evening and do the dance again tomorrow just to be sure!

Not all tests have the same sensitivity so it's hard to compare that way

Ok thanks!

Ok thanks!

I did notice after you also took a cheapie with the clearblue earlier when you got your peak. But I don't think you will have ovulated yet if you just got the peak this morning

Did you do the dance on your high fertility days as well?! We made sure to as the sperm can live inside for 2 to 5 days so they'll just be waiting for whenever that egg drops!

I did notice after you also took a cheapie with the clearblue earlier when you got your peak. But I don't think you will have ovulated yet if you just got the peak this morning

Did you do the dance on your high fertility days as well?! We made sure to as the sperm can live inside for 2 to 5 days so they'll just be waiting for whenever that egg drops!

We've been having sex every couple of days. I don't know when all my high fertility days were because I got a low and skipped a day, got another low and skipped a day then got 2 high days before the peak this morning! I got the first low on cd12. We've had sex on cd6,9,12,15,17 (yesterday) and then today which is cd18.

Honestly I'm not getting my hopes up ...

We've been having sex every couple of days. I don't know when all my high fertility days were because I got a low and skipped a day, got another low and skipped a day then got 2 high days before the peak this morning! I got the first low on cd12. We've had sex on cd6,9,12,15,17 (yesterday) and then today which is cd18.

Honestly I'm not getting my hopes up ...
Every couple of days should be enough to keep a good stock LOL. Try not to stress about it if you can. It takes time and you can only do what you can to set yourself up for success I am 8dpo today and I'm dying to test but also don't want to at the same time.

Every couple of days should be enough to keep a good stock LOL. Try not to stress about it if you can. It takes time and you can only do what you can to set yourself up for success I am 8dpo today and I'm dying to test but also don't want to at the same time.

I'm definitely not stressing, or at least trying not to! I'm worried about letting D down again. It's been 9 long years and nothing. I'm almost wanting to give up although we've agreed we're going to keep trying until Christmas. Then we're taking a break while we decide what to do next ...

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It is never easy. Hang in there! Positive thoughts girl praying this is the month for you!!

The line is definitely lighter than yesterday! :confused: I am very confused by this!

20200916_152039.jpg

So the darker one from yesterday would be considered the "peak" test then? Even though it doesn't look (to me anyway) to be "as dark or darker" than the control line??

So the darker one from yesterday would be considered the "peak" test then? Even though it doesn't look (to me anyway) to be "as dark or darker" than the control line??

I would say yes. You used the clearblue one as well which found enough LH in your urine to give you the static smiley face on the digital test. Instead of just the flashing one. So I'm going to say yes your peak was definitely yesterday!

Forgot to add...
Or whatever day it was that you got the solid smiley face on the clearblue one!

The tww is a weird time! Today I'm emotional for no reason. Woke D up by crying and when he asked me what was wrong I cried even more because I didn't know! I'm sure he thinks I've finally gone mad ... :rofl: Otherwise I'm doing ok.
A few nights ago we did a video call with both our parents to discuss adoption. D's mum got very hostile and basically told us to "respect her wishes" in terms of her being against adoption. She also told us to "hurry up and produce children of our own" at which point I had to leave the call and I could hear D getting angry. It was then he told her we've been trying for 9 years to start a family (very few people knew this) and his mum told him once again that he should leave me and "find a women who can produce children". D was extremely angry and my parents were very upset by her comments. D then had to spend several hours hugging me and reassuring me that he wasn't going to do what his mother had just suggested because he loves me and wants me and no one else :cloud9: Although I knew that it was good to hear it from him after hearing his mother say that.
The following day my parents visited and brought lunch (yay no cooking!) and we had the discussion we'd been hoping to have over the call. My parents are both supportive of adoption. D reassured my parents he had no intention of leaving me - he joked they were stuck with him!
D has said he wants to cut his mum out of his life but first wants to find out why she is so against adoption. I don't want him to cut her out. She's still his mum! And once again I feel like I'm causing issues with his family. We're not going to do anything in regards to looking into the adoption process more until after Christmas anyway but I don't feel comfortable adopting without everyone's blessing. Adoption would affect everyone in the family and I feel it's important that everyone is on board with it before we went ahead. When I said that to D he said he didn't think his mum would ever be ok with adoption and he wouldn't want us to not have a family because of her. I'm very conflicted. I guess we have more talking to do!

Tbh from what you’ve said his Mum sounds vile. Who tells their son to cut their partner out of their life because they’ve struggled to get pregnant? I think it’s lovely you want both your parents on board with adoption but ultimately you and your OH have to do what’s best for you guys and if you want to adopt then I’d go for it whether she’s supportive or not. If she’s not then it’s her loss. Don’t see why you and your OH shouldn’t get your family because of her. Though I’m still keeping everything crossed for you getting your bfp :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->