Spring Lambs - March/April/May 2024 due dates!

Totally normal. I get straight up diarrhea for like the last few months of pregnancy, and it never lets up until I give birth. I feel your pain!

Welcome to the group and congratulations!!

Hey ladies I'm 38 weeks today, been having some contractions all night, I really hope this is it this time and not false labor. I'm going to wait till they're closer together just to be sure before I go in.
Oh boy!!!! Good luck! Can’t wait for an update!

That was a couple days ago, still nothing ladies. It fizzled out. My body just hates me and likes to trick me. I'm 38+1 today. I finally got a new breast pump, I'm going to try it out today and see if it stimulates anything.

Hey ladies sorry for abandoning everyone here I forgot just how much time a newborn takes up! And that you guys might not check the other thread! I wasn't in labour that day, was sent home again from the hospital but was induced 2 days later on the Sunday and baby Jasper was born Monday morning after a very fast labour once it got going! I'm still writing up the birth story but it all went beautifully and he's 2 weeks old tomorrow!!

Screenshot_20240317-084402.png

Screenshot_20240317-084414.png

Tomorrow is the day ladies! I have a scheduled induction at the hospital. I'm so excited! Please keep me in your thoughts, I don't want a c section and I want my baby to be nice and healthy. As of today he's measuring 9 lb 9 oz.

Hey ladies sorry for abandoning everyone here I forgot just how much time a newborn takes up! And that you guys might not check the other thread! I wasn't in labour that day, was sent home again from the hospital but was induced 2 days later on the Sunday and baby Jasper was born Monday morning after a very fast labour once it got going! I'm still writing up the birth story but it all went beautifully and he's 2 weeks old tomorrow!!

View attachment 1118360

View attachment 1118361
Oh my goodness he is a cutie patootie!!!!!! Congrats mama!!

@PinkCupcakes how many weeks are you now?
I’m 35 weeks now!

Just landed myself in the hospital early Monday morning from the 24 hour flu, couldn’t stop throwing up and got so dehydrated. caused me to have contractions and I had to be monitored and they had to give me three bags of fluids!

I’m doing better now but keep having Braxton hicks now and then but they aren’t painful.

I’m 35 weeks now!

Just landed myself in the hospital early Monday morning from the 24 hour flu, couldn’t stop throwing up and got so dehydrated. caused me to have contractions and I had to be monitored and they had to give me three bags of fluids!

I’m doing better now but keep having Braxton hicks now and then but they aren’t painful.
I'm so glad you're doing better! Sorry I haven't been keeping up lately. You're getting so close now, are you excited?

AFM

Okay ladies so here is my birth story. It all started last Monday on the 25th. I was scheduled to go in to do a growth scan, an nst, and to check my cervix. I was also supposed to have my induction scheduled. I had been having what I thought were irregular contractions all day, I thought maybe it was prodromal labor again. After the NST was over I met with the doctor and of course they wanted to schedule an induction for that Thursday instead of that night or the next day. This had me really upset because it was the second time they pushed back an induction, not only that but they said I wasn't having contractions based on the NST scan, however I had three contractions during and I mentioned that to them, but they Shrugged It Off. Clearly it was not hooked up properly or something was wrong with the machine itself because unknown to me at the time, I was already in labor.. Anyway, I was so upset at them for everything they've put me through so far that I was literally ready to hop off the table and leave (I didn't end up getting my cervix checked). I guess they saw how distraught I was and called the hospital, they managed to get me an induction for the next day. My baby boy was already measuring 9 lb and 9 oz, the plan was I was only going to push for an hour vaginally and then if he still wasn't out going to have an emergency c-section. Not only was I terrified to have a C-section but I also have other little ones to take care of so it would have been almost impossible for me to recover properly if I ended up having to have one. So I told them I wanted a vaginal delivery if at all possible. I feel like they didn't inform me of the risks of having a vaginal delivery with a big baby. After my appointment I left to go out to eat with my family, the whole time I was having what felt like contractions but I was unsure about. Shortly after I had arrived home, I sat down and I felt this huge painful pop, then my water broke. By the time I got to the hospital I was already 4 cm, they had to test to make sure it was amniotic fluid and put me on a monitor for about an hour before I was admitted to labor and delivery. My labor went pretty smoothly, it wasn't until it was time to deliver that things went downhill. After pushing for about almost an hour, the doctor wiggling him out, along with an episiotomy, he was finally here. He was born at 6:01 a.m. on March 26th, 2024. He would 9 lb 10 oz, 23.5 in long. He still got stuck as I suspected. I've lost some muscle control down there because of the episiotomy. He was in shock when he was born, and struggled with his glucose levels. He also had a rapid heart rate from fluid in his lungs, he was sitting in meconium since I was admitted. He had to stay in the nursery for 4 days so that he could stabilize. We finally were able to take him home on Saturday right before Easter, he was the best Easter gift. I will say, that Nursery took such good care of him. It also didn't affect him being able to breastfeed either, which was very important to me and they honored that wish to the fullest.

Anyway, I definitely won't be going back to that OBGYN if I have more kids in the future. I'll probably end up doing a C-section and not even attempting a vaginal delivery. Not only did I get cut open but my son was also very bruised up all over his face and all over his ribs. I don't want to have to ever experience this again.

Now that he's home with us, things have been amazing. He's breastfeeding well, has a lot of good diapers, and two pediatrician appointments so far of which all work great. We go back on Friday just to do a weight check to make sure he's getting well

Resized_20240327_102534.jpeg

Resized_20240327_133725.jpeg

Resized_20240330_114823.jpeg

Resized_20240328_173205(1).jpeg

FB_IMG_1712188425146.jpg

I'm so glad you're doing better! Sorry I haven't been keeping up lately. You're getting so close now, are you excited?

AFM

Okay ladies so here is my birth story. It all started last Monday on the 25th. I was scheduled to go in to do a growth scan, an nst, and to check my cervix. I was also supposed to have my induction scheduled. I had been having what I thought were irregular contractions all day, I thought maybe it was prodromal labor again. After the NST was over I met with the doctor and of course they wanted to schedule an induction for that Thursday instead of that night or the next day. This had me really upset because it was the second time they pushed back an induction, not only that but they said I wasn't having contractions based on the NST scan, however I had three contractions during and I mentioned that to them, but they Shrugged It Off. Clearly it was not hooked up properly or something was wrong with the machine itself because unknown to me at the time, I was already in labor.. Anyway, I was so upset at them for everything they've put me through so far that I was literally ready to hop off the table and leave (I didn't end up getting my cervix checked). I guess they saw how distraught I was and called the hospital, they managed to get me an induction for the next day. My baby boy was already measuring 9 lb and 9 oz, the plan was I was only going to push for an hour vaginally and then if he still wasn't out going to have an emergency c-section. Not only was I terrified to have a C-section but I also have other little ones to take care of so it would have been almost impossible for me to recover properly if I ended up having to have one. So I told them I wanted a vaginal delivery if at all possible. I feel like they didn't inform me of the risks of having a vaginal delivery with a big baby. After my appointment I left to go out to eat with my family, the whole time I was having what felt like contractions but I was unsure about. Shortly after I had arrived home, I sat down and I felt this huge painful pop, then my water broke. By the time I got to the hospital I was already 4 cm, they had to test to make sure it was amniotic fluid and put me on a monitor for about an hour before I was admitted to labor and delivery. My labor went pretty smoothly, it wasn't until it was time to deliver that things went downhill. After pushing for about almost an hour, the doctor wiggling him out, along with an episiotomy, he was finally here. He was born at 6:01 a.m. on March 26th, 2024. He would 9 lb 10 oz, 23.5 in long. He still got stuck as I suspected. I've lost some muscle control down there because of the episiotomy. He was in shock when he was born, and struggled with his glucose levels. He also had a rapid heart rate from fluid in his lungs, he was sitting in meconium since I was admitted. He had to stay in the nursery for 4 days so that he could stabilize. We finally were able to take him home on Saturday right before Easter, he was the best Easter gift. I will say, that Nursery took such good care of him. It also didn't affect him being able to breastfeed either, which was very important to me and they honored that wish to the fullest.

Anyway, I definitely won't be going back to that OBGYN if I have more kids in the future. I'll probably end up doing a C-section and not even attempting a vaginal delivery. Not only did I get cut open but my son was also very bruised up all over his face and all over his ribs. I don't want to have to ever experience this again.

Now that he's home with us, things have been amazing. He's breastfeeding well, has a lot of good diapers, and two pediatrician appointments so far of which all work great. We go back on Friday just to do a weight check to make sure he's getting well

View attachment 1118408

View attachment 1118409

View attachment 1118410

View attachment 1118411

View attachment 1118412
Aww he's so adorable congratulations x

He's so cute @Kiwiberry!! Congrats again, sorry the birth was traumatic for you both :hugs:
Check you out getting round to writing the birth story I still haven't finished mine lol

Users who are viewing this thread

• Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mommyfaithh
    Back
    monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
    <-- Admiral -->