pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

That's lovely, Nima- Love that she wanted a brother, and will have her dream come true! ❤️ Have you been talking about names more now that you know he's a he?

That's lovely, Nima- Love that she wanted a brother, and will have her dream come true! ❤️ Have you been talking about names more now that you know he's a he?
Yes she was so excited, it's really beautiful to see. It's funny how so much about this second child is actually about the first one...
But yes, we're definitely thinking more about names now. Or I am, because we want it to be a Hebrew name and my wife doesn't speak Hebrew, so I need to make suggestions and she can judge if it works here and of course if she likes it :) there's one name I particularly like but I'm pretty sure my family won't like it, especially my brother who's very much into biblical, manly names. Do you think it's a valid consideration or just silly?

Hi!! Nima so cool that you’re in the name choosing phase, I can’t wait to that. I hope you don’t mind me saying this, I’m really sorry if you find it disrespectful, but I really don’t think you should take your brothers likes and dislikes into consideration since literally every person has a different taste in names! Whichever you decide some close people just won’t like it -just like I’m sure you don’t like their kids names- so my personal opinion is it has to be a name that you and your wife love without taking anyone else’s opinion into consideration!

So I’m ok but I’m worried because I haven’t had any nausea for the last couple of days … I don’t want to think too much about that because my appointment is in two days so it makes no sense to be dead worried about the temporary lack of nausea… but I’m not sure it’s normal, shouldn’t my nausea be getting worse? Anyway we’ll see…

No, I dont think your brother's opinion should matter! He gets to name his kids, you get to name yours ;) I would just say: don't tell him/anyone the name until the baby is born. If you say it before, everyone feels entitled to give their opinion, as they feel you might still change it. If you just say the baby is born and the name is X, I think that drama is avoided!

There's lots of lovely Hebrew names! I've always liked Micah, Adam, Aaron, Samuel, Noam... We almost went with Adam!

I had really bad nausea, Elencor. But it did come and go. And it sort of felt like it would calm down and then be worse than ever when it came back! I'll be thinking of you and your upcoming scan. Really hope all is looking fantastic when you get in there. ❤️

Thank you guys for your honest responses! Not disrespectful at all, just friendly <3 I agree with you, just somehow I care what they think. But they didn't like my daughter's name either and I still think it's perfect...

@elencor I am so sorry you are so worried. I had no nausea until around 9 weeks. And I did have very sore boobs that completely disappeared overnight, which scared me a lot. I think symptoms come and go and we read a lot into them because we don't have anything else but them. I hope your appointment comes quickly.

Last edited:
I was on vacation for a week so I'm sorry, I haven't kept updated with your guys' posts! My mother-in-law threw us a small baby shower for the family that can't make it to our real baby shower in Arizona. :)

@Nima congratulations on your NIPT results and finding out it's a boy, that's so exciting! :) I would definitely not worry about other people's opinions regarding name. My mother-in-law hates our daughter's name and has made it very vocal that she dislikes her name. It's frustrating but we love her name and that's all that matters. I think she will get used to the name with time.

@elencor Good luck on your appointment! I will keep you in my thoughts! I also had symptoms that came and went, so I think it can be totally normal! I didn't have any morning sickness until 9 weeks but did have frequent nausea until then, but some days were much worse than others. And some days I didn't even feel pregnant. It's so difficult to not read into symptom progression (or lack thereof) in the very early stages of pregnancy. The pregnancy didn't even feel real to me until around 14 weeks when I started feeling her kick.

Hi!! The ultrasound was today and it went great! The baby is 1.5cm long, heartbeat was 160bpm and everything looks fine!! We are officially no longer patients of the reproductive clinic ❤️
The pregnancy looks so much real now, I’m really happy, thank you guys for the support and for keeping me in your thoughts ❤️

Such great new @elencor ! I am so relieved and happy for you. I was thinking about you today.

Hi!! The ultrasound was today and it went great! The baby is 1.5cm long, heartbeat was 160bpm and everything looks fine!! We are officially no longer patients of the reproductive clinic ❤️
The pregnancy looks so much real now, I’m really happy, thank you guys for the support and for keeping me in your thoughts ❤️
That's fantastic news! I'm so glad to hear that your scan went well and there was such a strong heartbeat. I'm so excited for you! ❤️

That's great news! :)

How are all you ladies doing this week? :) I've reached 24 weeks pregnant, which is super crazy! Viability week!! Other than that, I have really no updates, I have my 1hr glucose test this Wednesday so hopefully I pass with flying colors! No ultrasound this week which is hard, it's been 4 weeks! But I've been feeling her kick like crazy all the time so I'm at least reassured there. We did register for a private 4D ultrasound in 4 weeks when she's starting to have chubby cheeks <3. We also sent out invitations for our baby shower on Saturday so I'm getting so so excited. It's really feeling real at this point!

Congratulations! So great you reached 24 weeks ❤️ I cant wait to feel the baby, must feel so reassuring. I have nausea but I don’t feel pregnant at all it’s a weird feeling.
I lost my job guys, it had nothing to do with the pregnancy, my coworkers and bosses didn’t even know. It’s no one’s fault really, but I’m going through a very rough few days, I feel very depressed and don’t really know what I’m going to do with my life. I’ll just try to stay calm and try to find a suitable job and I’ll keep you updated.

Congratulations! So great you reached 24 weeks ❤️ I cant wait to feel the baby, must feel so reassuring. I have nausea but I don’t feel pregnant at all it’s a weird feeling.
I lost my job guys, it had nothing to do with the pregnancy, my coworkers and bosses didn’t even know. It’s no one’s fault really, but I’m going through a very rough few days, I feel very depressed and don’t really know what I’m going to do with my life. I’ll just try to stay calm and try to find a suitable job and I’ll keep you updated.
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that! That must be very stressful, I can't imagine. Usually, when one door closes, another one opens. Another opportunity is waiting for you! Try to stay positive, I'm sure you will find another job option! Just focus on trying to relax and apply for some suitable jobs and hopefully you won't be out of work long.

@elencor I'm sorry about your job! Keep your head up and you'll find a new one soon, I'm sure.

@Megan0625 how was your glucose test? I heard it's disgusting... congratulations on 24 weeks!

@WinterBub how are you?

I am freaking out a bit because I still can't feel baby and it's already 17 weeks. I know it can be normal I just thought I would by now.

@elencor I'm sorry about your job! Keep your head up and you'll find a new one soon, I'm sure.

@Megan0625 how was your glucose test? I heard it's disgusting... congratulations on 24 weeks!

@WinterBub how are you?

I am freaking out a bit because I still can't feel baby and it's already 17 weeks. I know it can be normal I just thought I would by now.
My glucose test went well! It really tasted just like a fruit punch gatorade but much sweeter. It was not as bad as I expected, definitely too sweet but at least the taste was decent! I passed it, my glucose level was 84 and they wanted it under 140 :).

I know it can be scary to not feel much movement, but I've heard a ton of women don't feel movement before 20 weeks. It can totally depend on placenta location, uterus position, and location of the baby in the uterus. There's so much space right now in there, you just may not feel it. My placenta is completely posterior so I have no cushion in the front of my uterus and feel her kicking all the time. She's also just a SUPER active baby and has been since our 10 week ultrasound. I do get nervous because I sometimes have a couple days with very decreased activity, and sometimes it's even hard to find her heartbeat with the doppler (because she moves all over the place), but my doctor says that's totally normal. I'm sure you will feel him soon! :)

Hello

I wanted to say hi. I'll be a newbie here soon. I'm just waiting on a call back from the doctor with the plan. My last hysteroscopy showed blocked tubes and uterus scarring. I was told ivf is the only option.

DH asked about adoption, and I debated because financially it was one or the other.

I just had to try ivf. In a perfect world, I'd start in January with egg retrieval, remove the scarring and we could try the procedure in March.

I'm super nervous and anxious as I turn 36 at the end of the year so I know my chances aren't great.

I'm honestly panicking and we haven't begun yet

@Edithtj oh I really understand your choice, it's so hard to give up on a chance for a pregnancy that you carry and going through the process of having a biological child of your own.

At 36 your chances aren't bad at all! I'm 37 and I consider myself still young :)

I wish you the best of luck! Once you're in the process you can take it step by step, but the anxiety before you start just wraps all of it so it'll get better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->