pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

How is everything going @WinterBub ?

I have the beta tomorrow. Thank you so much for your advice, it's been very important for me to be told that it's normal to be cramping. I have very strong cramps, sometimes it's like someone's stabbing me, sometimes it even wakes me up in the middle of the night. I don't know if this is normal, maybe it's because of the vaginal progesterone. There are times that I just want to cry and take it as a lost pregnancy. But the thing is the pregnancy tests are progressing very well (I got the 2-3 weeks in the digital at 9dpt) and I haven't had any bleeding. So I'm just trying to be optimistic and tomorrow if the beta its ok I'll ask my doctor about the very strong pain, I hope it's not an ectopic.

Hope you all are very well. Thinking of you Winter!

I'm doing much better, thank you for checking in on me! I get sort of exhausted late in the day, and my stomach is still bloated (especially when I eat too much!). But I'm dropping weight, which is a relief, and seem to wake up feeling better each day. I put on 10lbs (seemingly a good part of it was water weight) over the two weeks :shock: Been drinking lots of Gatorade and food with msg in it. And every morning, I'm down from the day before. I do still feel tender in my belly, and have some nausea. Did you guys have that? Or is this likely mild OHSS? I also got my first update, and 12 eggs fertilized :)

I definitely had cramps in early pregnancy, Elencor. But not to the point where i was doubled over in pain or anything. More like period type cramps. But that was an "old fashioned" pregnancy, and I don't know what IVF and all the drugs etc change on that front. I'm sure some people get those symptoms worse than others, too. I know that ectopic often causes shoulder pain and dizziness, so do watch out for those symptoms :hugs: If you're ever really worried, call your doctor! Even on the weekend. I'm glad that you have an appointment tomorrow, and can get some guidance. Let us know how you go!!! I did some googling so you don't have to- and without tubal issues, the odds of an ectopic IVF pregnancy are very low. So, really hoping it is just cramps. Don't forget that your body has been through a lot- the egg retrieval was pretty brutal. I can't imagine going back in for a fresh transfer! It is just a lot overall in a short period of time :hugs:

Last edited:
Ps. Could it be mild OHSS, Elencor? Do you have any other symptoms of it?

Amazing, Winterbub! 12 fertilized eggs! That's really awesome. And your symptoms sound similar to what I had with ohss, hope they go away soon.

Elencor, hope you feel better soon. Strong pain that wakes you up in the night is always a reason to consult a doctor.

I'm really wondering how my final numbers will turn out. I actually feel better in general knowing that things are out of my hands at this point.

Oh dear, so maybe it is OHSS. I have known the whole time that I'd be high risk. Overall I'm not worried right now as I am feeling better each day and don't have the extreme symptoms of trouble breathing or weight gain. I googled the medications I'm taking right now, and all cause nausea too- so, that's great! How long did you feel bad for?

I hope you're doing ok, Elencor. :hugs:

I think it took about 10 days u til I felt completely over it, but after 3 days I was fit enough for transfer, so it was definitely much better. Plus I gained weight (5kg) after the retrieval and only started losing it after a few days so I think you are ok if you're already losing the fluids you accumulated. Take care <3

I felt much better when I woke up this morning :) I still just get weirdly nauseated. Wonder if that's hormones (I get bad morning sickness too), or maybe from the meds. FX I'll be completely back to normal in a few days!

How are you, Elencor? I've been thinking of you, and hoping all is going ok.

Wow 12 fertilized zygotes! That's amazing news, I believe everything's going to work out for you Winter ❤

I had the beta test today, 530 at 12dp5dt! The nurse said it's a great number. I couldn't talk to the doctor, but i explained my symptoms to the nurse and she said it's probably normal and just call them if the pain get worse or last more time. We have the first scan in a week, when hopefully they'll see a sac and a little embryo ❤ I'll be 5+3, do you know what is exactly expected to be seen in a scan that early on? Thank you so much for your support, the pain is a little better, there are still times when it's strong but last for less than a minute, today I only had that once, and I don't have any other symptom! Well, I vomited this morning I hope it's just that I was nervous or ate too much breakfast and it isn't going to be like this everyday lol :rofl: my husband is so excited planning next year's summer around a baby lol, I don't feel that optimistic and still want to be cautious, but for now I'm very much pregnant!

Wow 12 fertilized zygotes! That's amazing news, I believe everything's going to work out for you Winter ❤

I had the beta test today, 530 at 12dp5dt! The nurse said it's a great number. I couldn't talk to the doctor, but i explained my symptoms to the nurse and she said it's probably normal and just call them if the pain get worse or last more time. We have the first scan in a week, when hopefully they'll see a sac and a little embryo ❤ I'll be 5+3, do you know what is exactly expected to be seen in a scan that early on? Thank you so much for your support, the pain is a little better, there are still times when it's strong but last for less than a minute, today I only had that once, and I don't have any other symptom! Well, I vomited this morning I hope it's just that I was nervous or ate too much breakfast and it isn't going to be like this everyday lol :rofl: my husband is so excited planning next year's summer around a baby lol, I don't feel that optimistic and still want to be cautious, but for now I'm very much pregnant!

That's great news! :cloud9:

Congrats, Elencor! ❤️ So glad that your beta was great, and they seem to think all is fine. Just pay attention to your symptoms, and seek medical care if ever you feel that you need it.

At 5w3d, they would only expect to see a sac. The fetal pole (first sign of the actual baby) typically appears at 6w, and they don't for sure expect a heartbeat until 7w. My regular OB won't see you until they're confident they'll see a heartbeat, but I think with IVF they just like to see what's going on a bit earlier, even if they won't see much. So don't be surprised if there isn't much to see just yet!

That's a wonderful number Elencor! Congratulations. I had a scan at 5w3d and saw a sac and a tiny barely there fetal pole. The doctor said exactly what Winterbub wrote. With ivf they just want to make sure it's intrauterine because of increased risk for ectopic.

Winter, I'm glad you feel better. Hope the nausea goes away soon.

@WinterBub Wow, that's a fantastic number! And the symptoms could be mild OHSS, but will very likely resolve quickly, especially since you are already feeling better :). It could still be residual effects of meds too though, there were a lot of hormonal changes during stims and the trigger shot does stay in your system for 7-12 days.

@elencor That's a fantastic beta! My first scan was at 5 weeks 6 days and they saw the yolk sac and gestational sac and they could see the heart beating, but they said if I would have gone in a couple days prior they wouldn't have been able to see the heart beat yet. The most important thing about the first scan is to make sure it is intrauterine instead of ectopic :)

Hi! Just heard a little bit ago from my clinic, and I have 7 embryos sent off for genetic testing. Quite nervous to hear those results, but it'll be a couple weeks, so there's no sense in stressing and obsessing!

How is everyone else? How are you doing, Elencor?

@WinterBub oh wow, 7 embryos! That's fantastic! I'm sure you've got some nice healthy embabies out of that bunch <3

I had my anatomy scan today and baby girl is looking so perfect. She weighs 15 oz so far and is in the 82nd percentile <3 She's got some long femurs and I think she's going to be big! Overall, she is in perfect health. Her heart looks great, brain looks normal, and there were no abnormalities in sight. Placenta looks healthy and so does her umbilical cord. What a huge relief! And as for the blood pressure issues, they said as of now, they aren't super concerned since it hasn't gone over 140/90 and they asked me to just keep an eye on it. They can't really prescribe me anything because blood measure meds would likely lower it too much, and he said that many women do experience elevated blood pressure during pregnancy. So we are just going to watch it, but he did say he may end up recommending induction around 37-39 weeks to prevent preeclampsia. But for now, everything looks great and my next appointment is in 4 weeks for my 1 hr glucose test. I added a couple of pictures from her scan. It's weird because it still doesn't feel completely real that I'm pregnant. Maybe it will when my baby bump pops a little more, though I am wearing maternity pants officially! I hope you all are doing well.IMG_9930.jpeg

@WinterBub 7 embryos! So great. I'm also sure you'll have some healthy ones there. Such a long wait!

@Megan0625 beautiful picture and so good that everything looks perfect. I hope your BP stays under control and you don't need to worry about it.

Beautiful picture, Megan! Love her cute little nose and mouth :cloud9: I feel like now is the time to get really excited and buy all the tiny baby clothes!!! So glad that everything is looking great :)

Did you guys gain a bunch of weight when you were on stims? I gained 10lb in those two weeks! 2lb came right off, but that seems to be it :oops: I don't know how you guys turned around and managed a fresh transfer. Obviously well worth it, as it worked for you all, but jeez! I feel much better today, and will start walking. Was going to wait a few more days before attempting anything more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->