List your IVF Successes here

Thanks for replying!
11dp6dt?
FET
I think I’ve worked the others out...

11dp6dt means 11 days past 6 day transfer.

FET means Frozen Embryo Transfer.

One of the admins put together this list of abbreviations which is really comprehensive - hope it helps! https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

Name: Stardust1
How long TTC: 2.5years
Diagnosis or any known issues: husband has azoospermia due to Klinefelter syndrome, I have PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: DIUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 cycle but it was cancelled due to not responding the two cycles cancelled before drugs due to cysts
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Yes sperm (sibling match to our 4 year old)
Protocol (meds taken) long protocol buserelin 25, gonal f 275iu, ovitrel trigger. Progesterone suppositories 100mg
How many follicles at ER: 16
How many eggs retrieved: 16
How many eggs fertilized: 10 via ICSI, only 5 made it to blast, 2 transfered, 3 frozen
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 transferred, 5AA, 4BA
How many days bed rest: 1
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramping, no usual grumpy pmt
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt (11 dpo)
HPT before blood test: Yes, positive
Number of first beta: 1650 at 10d5dt or 17dpo
Number of babies: 👶🏼👶🏼 TWINS!

Name: Ashley
How long TTC: 2 1/2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained secondary infertility...then after a semen analysis at the fertility clinic my DH sperm showed that he had poor morphology (only 3%)
Treatments you tried before IVF: many, 1 iui
How many IVF did you do before success:1st try-fresh successful
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken): antagonist/ganirelix with lupron trigger
How many follicles at ER:17
How many eggs retrieved:17
How many eggs fertilized: 13
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 5day 3bb blasts
How many days bed rest: 1 week
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none
What day you got your BFP: I waited till the official blood test from the fertility clinic
HPT before blood test: nope
Number of first beta: 487 @ 9dp5dt, was about 6,000 next time they tested
Number of babies:2! (they are 3 weeks old tomorrow!)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:

Hi, ladies! Willingly join :winkwink:
Name: Regin7
How long TTC: started ttc June 2012
Diagnosis or any known issues: Endo & PCOS; dh - ok.
Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 round clomid, 2 shots ivf with own egg
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st shot with donor egg
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Yes
How many follicles at ER: don't remember
How many eggs retrieved: 25
How many eggs fertilized: 19
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: on this cycle, 2 nice 5-day blasts
How many days bed rest: 1
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: very tired
What day you got your BFP: day 8 after transfer, home test
HPT before blood test: Yes
Number of first beta: N/A
Number of babies: 1

Hello ladies,

Really hoping for some light my way! :(

I am turning 40 in a month, and going to a place with Zika risk soon, also getting married next feb in mexico which has a risk of zika too

Because of this i have decided to start the IVF process now and wait to implant the embrios after my wedding (next feb)

My question is if implanting them when im almost 41 would stick, not sure if age affects carrying a pregnancy as much as fertility?

I am not sure what to do :(

I don’t think a year makes a big difference in ability to carry. But it can make a big difference in egg quality and quantity, so better to retrieve and fertilize asap.

And if you’re going to wait a year to transfer the embryos, you might want to get them genetically tested. It would be very disappointing to find out a year later that none of them were viable due to chromosomal abnormalities. And then have to do another retrieval and try to get a viable embryo from eggs that are a year older.

None any of my business, but why wait a year to get married and start trying?

Hi FisrtTry!
Id love to start as of now but as i said im going to a country that is listed as a place with Zika risk so the fertility clinic wont take me in until after 6 months from my return. But then im getting married in the mayan riviera in feb. so cant transfer the embryos before then. We have already planned our destination wedding there. So we would need to wait 2 months after returning from it to complete the treatment. Since we will be having the sperm retrieved in dec, we dont have to wait 6 months after being in the mayan riviera but just 2

So i will have this done in nov/dec. freeze the embryos then and use them next april :(

In case this situation isn't often represented, here ya go! :)
Name: Wish2BMom
How long TTC: 4 yrs (including IVF years)
Diagnosis or any known issues: AMH in the tank and apparently sub-clinical Hypothyroidism
Treatments you tried before IVF: 0 - went straight to IVF due to age and AMH (IUI wasn't deemed worth the money)
How many IVF did you do before success: too many of my own eggs, then 3 with donor
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Yes
How many follicles at ER: doesn't matter... :)
How many eggs retrieved: we purchased 6 frozen
How many eggs fertilized: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: on this cycle, two 3BBs (I had very little hope)
How many days bed rest: 0
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: got one dizzy spell the night of transfer, other than that - NOTHING
What day you got your BFP: day 7 after transfer, home test
Number of first beta: 835!!!
Number of babies: 2!! I got my twins!!!

Took me a while to write this, but here it goes!

Name: KK
How long TTC: 5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unknown for both of us, however there were issues when ICSI was not used on the first IVF round (they weren't sure why as egg quality was excellent and sperm were fast and normal). We ended up with only 1 out of 20 eggs to day 5. With ICSI ended with 7 of 10. We still have 3 left. Miscarriage on the 2nd fresh transfer, HCG levels: 50 (10dp5dt), 128 (12dp5dt), 980 (15dp5dt)- empty gest. sac (23dp5dt) (HCG 5 that day).
Treatments you tried before IVF: x3 Clomid challenge, x3 IUI, x2 Fresh Tx, x2 FET (this is over about 3 years due to a break in care)
How many IVF did you do before success: x2 full retrievals with fresh tx (Sept/Oct17), x2 FET (March/May18), 4th (FET) try worked! We took a break over Christmas after the miscarriage, as that takes a while to reset, then I had shingles (blast!) in Feb which delayed it. We took a month off between 3&4 for a fun trip abroad and a quick meeting with the physician.
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Gonal-F, Cetrotide, Menopur, Lupron (for 2nd), then with FET Progesterone in oil (IM injections) until 10 weeks (we had low progesterone on the miscarriage with the Endometrin)
How many follicles at ER: First: 20, Second 12
How many eggs retrieved: 20, 12
How many eggs fertilized: 6, 10
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days for both
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: AA for all transferred for all 4 tx.
How many days bed rest: It was not full bed rest, I just took it easy after each one. The one that took the 2nd day I went to the gym and did walking up hills for 30-45min.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Nothing really at all! I had an enjoyable time on a short vacation with the hubby. I was tired, but it was a big time change and we both took naps. I felt great actually, minus the attempt to cut the caffeine out! Symptoms did not start until week 6/7ish? I started to have tender breasts and REALLY TIRED! I was tired until week 12/13.
What day you got your BFP: 10 days after FET
HPT before blood test: NO, I resisted!
Number of first beta: 528 (then it was 1382(?), then in the 2000s)
Number of babies: 1 (although we tx 2)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I never thought this would work, and sometimes I have to pinch myself knowing that our little baby girl is 30 weeks tomorrow and still growing. I took my time telling anyone, except my Husband, because it was too much and too hard. With already so much struggle and the loss from the 2nd IVF, we waited a while to say anything. I was also expecting these profound symptoms to tell me right away that I was pregnant...and those never came for either one. I can tell you relaxing was the best thing for me. We planned this trip across the country for a long weekend, and it was the BEST THING! We did a ton of stuff, I walked all over the place, and I had an amazing/relaxing time. When I got back I took the test! If you aren't religious that is fine, but I KNOW that is the reason why I got to this point. I prayed constantly, and I said the rosary every time I drove to that clinic. It kept me sane in the losses and the successes. The emotional rollercoaster that we ladies travel is not to be taken lightly, or alone. I can tell you I fell to my knees in sorrow many times, and when I got the good news, I fell to my knees in joyful prayer. I also was anointed for the sick two days before my transfer, a Catholic sacrament, by the most amazing and supportive priest. I am not claiming that this was a miracle, but it was an answered prayer (and maybe a small miracle for at least me). I am saying that having faith in God and relaxing your mind was a gift was very helpful to me and my baby girl. It was beautiful. If you don't have faith, I encourage you to, or find something that can bring you peace. I also want to say this forum was very helpful, but was also good to not look at as well. Use if you need, but turning it off is good too. I stopped posting for the last two transfers after I had gone through the journey, and I let my mind be as relaxed as possible.

We are due in Jan 19. I wish you all the best of luck, and I hope and pray for success for all of you. Thank you for sharing your stories, and I hope you can continue to find others to lift you up. -KK

Name: Claire
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Endometriosis and partial cervix removal and extensive scar tissue - High AMH low FSH given less than 5% chance with own eggs.
Treatments you tried before IVF: 0
How many IVF did you do before success: 1
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): cyclogest and gonal f
How many follicles at ER: 2
How many eggs retrieved: 1
How many eggs fertilised: 1
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1
How many days bed rest:0
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: flu like after transfer. Then none.
What day you got your BFP: 14
HPT before blood test: not taken
Number of first beta: not taken
I made just one egg. He fertilised and is now 6 months. Miracles do happen and it does only take one!

Think I’ve posted my bfp from my daughter here before but since then have had my son from ivf

Ivf cycle Nov 2014
21 eggs collected
20 fertilised (half ivf half icsi)
8 embryos frozen
Had a break due to ohss
Feb 15 FET daughter born Dec 15

TTC #2
Sept 16 FET blighted ovum
March 17 FET failed cycle
June 17 FET BFP
Feb 18 son born

Now considering whether to try for #3 this summer as have 4 embryos left

Good luck in your cycles everyone and hope you all get what you wish for in 2019

KK. this is such amazing news. Congratulations xx
We gave birth (c section) at 34 weeks due to pre-e. (it came on pretty fast and it was a little scary) but she is doing awesome! Just a week in the NICU and she is growing like a champ. She is 10 weeks on Monday! I wish you all the best of luck to become moms. It's amazing. -KK

Name: Claire
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Endometriosis and partial cervix removal and extensive scar tissue - High AMH low FSH given less than 5% chance with own eggs.
Treatments you tried before IVF: 0
Protocol (meds taken): cyclogest and gonal f
How many follicles at ER: 2
How many eggs retrieved: 1
How many eggs fertilised: 1
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1
How many days bed rest:0
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: flu like after transfer. Then none.
What day you got your BFP: 14
HPT before blood test: not taken
Number of first beta: not taken
I made just one egg. He fertilised and is now 6 months. Miracles do happen and it does only take one!
CONGRATS!!!!!! :) :) :)

Name: lunabelle
How long TTC: 2years
Diagnosis or any known issues: male infertility
Treatments you tried before IVF: nothing, straight to IVF
How many IVF did you do before success: 2
Protocol (meds taken):
Round 1 (R1) :
Puregon
Orgalutran
Pregnyl
Uteogestan
Round 2. (R2) : same meds, lower doses
How many follicles at ER: R1: 17 R2: 10
How many eggs retrieved: R1: 16 R2: 5
How many eggs fertilized: R1: 11 R2: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: R1: 1 medium quality R2: 1 perfect quality
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: lots of cramping at both times
What day you got your BFP: i waited till the bloodtest
HPT before blood test:
Number of first beta: R1: 51 R2: 125, over 300 one week later from first bloodtest

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: We had two rounds of IVF which resulted in two pregnancies and one baby. I hope that by sharing you the results from these two rounds of IVF it can give someone hope, especially if you are having a low number of eggs and embryos. I feel that our story is a good reminder that it's not about the amount of eggs but the quality! Sometimes taking a ton of medicine can make your body produce too many eggs which results in a lower quality eggs. So don't be upset if you are not getting loads of eggs, it may be a good sign!

Name: Anne
How long TTC: 8 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Bilateral blocked tubes
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Short
How many follicles at ER: 7
How many eggs retrieved: 7
How many eggs fertilized: 3
How many days between ER and ET: 5 (frozen cycle)
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1. 2AA
How many days bed rest: None
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramps milder than af's. Discharge different from pre-af. Loss of appetite.
What day you got your BFP: 10dp5dt
Number of first beta: 900
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: It is better to go for a blastocyst than a 3 day transfer. Quality and not quantity matters. It takes only one good egg to make a healthy baby.

Name: babydust28
How long TTC: on and off for around 7 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid, ovarian drilling and then IVF
How many IVF did you do before success: 4th cycle was success
Protocol (meds taken): this cycle was a FET I have taken 3 x Cyclogest pessaries daily and 12mg progynova daily.
How many follicles at ER: unsure
How many eggs retrieved: 20
How many eggs fertilized: 15
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 x 4bb and 1 x 5bb both blastos
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:
1dp5dfet - backache and vivid dream
2dp5dfet - light cramps, tired, thirsty, constipation, skin break out
3dp5dfet - vivid dream, tired, skin break out backache, light cramps and twinges, BFN
5dp5dfet - vivid dreams, severe backache, lots of EWM, skin break out and palpitations
6dp5dfet - backache, slight diarrhoea, BFN
I then gave up symptom spotting and testing as I thought it hadn't worked.
What day you got your BFP: felt Ill on 10dpt so tested and got a very dark BFP
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: not had BETA as I'm in the UK
Number of babies: unsure still awaiting the scan

Congratulations everyone

Age at time of cycle: 31
Diagnosis: irregular cycles but classed as unexplained, no endo or pcos
Treatments before ivf: 9 months of 100mg clomid
How many ivf before success: completed a freeze all cycle so no transfer due to ohss. Froze 8 embryos.
First fet 4 months later was a success, now 3.5 year old daughter.
Second fet when she was 18 months was bfp but ended in early miscarriage. Second fet after dd was bfn. Third fet after dd was a success and is now 16 month old son.
Donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol: 200 gonal f and cetrotide, triggered with buserelin for initial cycle.
How many follicles: 35
How many collected: 21
How many fertilised: 20
5 day transfer no bed rest
Grade of dd was 5AB and ds 4BB
Symptoms in 2ww: both had a few twinges to one side about 2-3 days after transfer. No cramps, then 1 wave of nausea with both at 5-7dpt this then stopped until over 6weeks
Tested with dd at 5dp5dt and ds 7dp5dt
With the miscarriage cycle I got a faint positive on a frer at 4dp5dt
Only tested with a frer with all cycles
Currently waiting to start trying for number 3 next week, 4 Frosties remaining

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh