Home Birth Photos

Such beautiful pictures! I think I may even make use of the camcorder that I got for my birthday, if I can find someone to hold it!! lol

Hi everyone, Can I join in?

This was our home water birth of our daughter Bronwyn.
What makes me chuckle about these pictures, is the utter look of shock on my face!!

I'm a little sad we didn't get pictures of her on the way out like Gina - Those are brilliant pictures!

This are more or less in order - don't worry, ahe does have a normal shaped head now! (In fact, it only took about an hour for her head to look normal)
xx

Aww they are lovely pics makes me feel like i can't wait until my homebirth. your pics al look so peaceful :D

OMG gorgeous gorgeous photos!!!! I'm having it filmed and having TONS of photos :yipee: Cant wait to add mine too!!

I cant wait to post mine, No doubt my mam will forget to take some

I think that's the problem - as my OH was my only birthing partner, he had other things on his mind other than taking photos! The midwives asked him to go and get a hat for Alex, then grab the towels for when we got out of the pool, so I would really make sure that everything is to hand so that there aren't any distractions for anyone (everything happened really quickly for my home birth). x

I think that's the problem - as my OH was my only birthing partner, he had other things on his mind other than taking photos! The midwives asked him to go and get a hat for Alex, then grab the towels for when we got out of the pool, so I would really make sure that everything is to hand so that there aren't any distractions for anyone (everything happened really quickly for my home birth). x

I think ill end up having my OH, Mam and MIL so hopefully one of them should remember

DSC00358.jpg

here's my homebirth pic, this was about a minute after she was born.

hoping for a homebirth again in january.

Brilliant pics!! I'm thinking about asking little sis if she'll capture my labour my for me, since she's doing photography at college and has some stupidly expensive camera and other fancy stuff taht photographers use lol! Just not too sure how she'll react, since she's only 17 and not the most maternal of people! :haha:

Well I asked her tonight, and she said yes and even seems suprisingly excited about it!! Ooh i wish i didn't have so long to wait til i could post them!!

What a lovely idea. Here are a few of mine.

https://www.ginaroberts.com/birthofember/photo4.jpg
About 5 hours before I gave birth.

https://www.ginaroberts.com/birthofember/photo8.jpg
About 30 seconds after she was born. That's DP with me.

https://www.ginaroberts.com/birthofember/photo9.jpg
About an hour old.

Gina. x

Hellooo. Did you have a lotus birth? I was just reading up about them on the internet, and came across a website with you at your home birth :D

https://www.breastfeeding.com/helpme/lotus_birth.html

Wonderful photos :cloud9:

We have the cameras and video on permanent charge now so we are ready when the time comes!

xxx

I wish we'd videoed our births. Gosh I'd pay good money to see that moment.....you cant put into words the way it feels when they finally come to you - I know that's the same where ever you are but to be in your own home too just puts a cherry on the cake for me. :cloud9:

We might not ever watch it Lise but we both want to have it just in case. We are just going to have it set up in the corner and leave it to run so most of it will be nothing much going on! Be nice to have though I think :cloud9:

xxx

I'm getting my mum to film mine :) I saw my friends birth and her mum did it in such a nice way...was really just at the side watching her in the pool and then at the pushing bit you can see the baby some out but she's on her knees and its not like a zoom in shot :rofl: So i really want mine like that :)

OMG I've said sooo many times I wished I could have it on film - not the close up of the birth really....just to try to capture those last moments and the atmosphere of anticipation....then that moment of calm mixed with total euphoria when you meet them for the first time...........

OK. I NEED another baby! :rofl:

wow amazing pics ladies! tho it does make me rather jealous that i didnt get the birth i had hoped for :-(

keep them coming :- )

Yea thats what i want :cry: I dont even remember Tabs birth, i had no drugs and it was totally calm but my mind has totally wiped the memory of it all :nope: So i really want to see it all :)

My friend Laura (I hope she doesnt mind me mentioning all this) she has the most gorgeous bit on her film right after baby is born. She turns to her husband and says 'i did it and he looks at her and says i know' and they are both crying and then he cups her face and kisses her :cry: Even remembering it makes me cry :lol:

Lovely photos. I don't have any of the birth, I wish I did, just a lovely reminder to have.

Now I'm seriously jealous of these gorgeous photos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->