What to and what not to eat during pregnancy

I cannot say how bummed I am not being able to eat sushi. :nope: One of my favorite foods! How do you other mommies cope? Do you know if this applies when you BF? They say to consume fish with Mercury no more than once per week. How do the rest of you feel about tea and coffee? I've heard that no more than the equivalent of one cup of coffee per day is ok. I've seen other pregnant moms order decaf, but having worked at a coffee shop years ago, I know there is still a small amount of caffeine in decaf.

I cannot say how bummed I am not being able to eat sushi. :nope: One of my favorite foods! How do you other mommies cope? Do you know if this applies when you BF? They say to consume fish with Mercury no more than once per week. How do the rest of you feel about tea and coffee? I've heard that no more than the equivalent of one cup of coffee per day is ok. I've seen other pregnant moms order decaf, but having worked at a coffee shop years ago, I know there is still a small amount of caffeine in decaf.

I still eat sushi!! I just make sure it isn't raw...

I still eat sushi!! I just make sure it isn't raw...

This is what I've been going with, as I have enjoyed sushi a couple of times since being pregnant. As long as I moderate myself, since I was told to limit seafood/fish due to mercury content.

My favorite sushi place is the kind that does the conveyor belt thing, and they always mark which ones going around are raw or not, which makes it easier.

Can you eat Haribo Tangfastics because of the Nettle, Aronia, and hibiscus in it? and also the red colouring etc?

It looks positive to me. Wonder if you have posted on the wrong thread though????? congratulations!

It's amazing to me to see some of the things posted in this thread back in 2006. I'm reading a book published in 2006, and it noted that a leading allergist recommended that one of the authors avoid eating peanuts during her pregnancy because she had a history of excema and allergies, and that meant there was a high chance her baby could have a peanut allergy.

I did some research and found the following, from the UK NHS website:

Peanuts

If you would like to eat peanuts or food containing peanuts (such as peanut butter) during pregnancy, you can choose to do so as part of a healthy balanced diet, unless you are allergic to them or a health professional advises you not to.

You may have heard that in the past some women have chosen not to eat peanuts when they were pregnant. This is because the government previously advised women that they may wish to avoid eating peanuts if there was a history of allergy (such as asthma, eczema, hay fever, food allergy or other types of allergy) in their child's immediate family.

This advice has now been changed because the latest research has shown that there is no clear evidence to say if eating peanuts during pregnancy affects the chances of your baby developing a peanut allergy.

Has anyone else heard otherwise?

As long as you're not allergic to peanuts yourself (or someone in your close family if I remember correctly?) then I've been told there's no problem with eating them both here in NZ this time and when pregnant with DD in the UK back in 2010. Personally I've been eating all sorts of nuts both times with no problems, as have most of my friends.

This information is so helpful. Thanks! How much water do you all drink a day?

I'm currently 8 weeks Pregnant and my current cravings are Chocolate Flavoured Milk, KFC Wicked Wings, Chips and Potato & Gravy, Toasted Cheese, Ham and Tomato sandwichs and Bowls of Oven Baked Chips and Gravy. I am wondering are these safe to eat and drink while pregnant

I'm currently 8 weeks Pregnant and my current cravings are Chocolate Flavoured Milk, KFC Wicked Wings, Chips and Potato & Gravy, Toasted Cheese, Ham and Tomato sandwichs and Bowls of Oven Baked Chips and Gravy. I am wondering are these safe to eat and drink while pregnant

Concerns of gestational diabetes aside...

Those sound safe enough.

I cant help what I crave but its just something that fills me without wanting more food

Sorry, that sounded rude of me.

In all honesty, it's a good idea to eat what you want in the first tri. Whatever stays down :)
Just remember to fit those fruit and veggies in too when you can. It's for baby's sake.

Its fine, I do eat fruit, I have only managed to keep Apples down and I always eat veggies when OH cooks me a nice meal and I drink alot of fruit juice with low sugar

One thing- I saw you mentioned ham sandwiches. Just make sure not to eat cold cuts or deli meat, unless you've heated the meat to the point of steaming first.

The Ham I always eat in a Toasted Sandwich so its always heated anyways

Hmmm I read this entire thread and I really feel like I will starve because I have Crohn's disease certain healthy things I cannot eat for example fruit with skin anything that is green leafy or high in fiber Nothing whole grain and plus the what and what not to eat list with pregnancy... What the heck?! That stresses me out the most! Thanks for the list.

During pregnancy will the mummy allow to go for face facial?

i know that deli meat is something you're not supposed to eat, but it's what i craved from day one so i continued to eat it (cold in sandwiches. warm ham, yuck!!!) luckily i've been alright! the water thing is killing me though. i just wanna drink pepsi and coke all day but know i can't. why can't water taste nicer?? (flavoured water is the worst thing invented tbh) :'(

Biggest no no I see many pregnant people consume is caffine. It can cause issues especially during the first trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->