What have you bought today?

People are apparently panic buying again now after the news that Dover will close port for 48 hours.
It wasn't helped by sainsbury's announcing yesterday that they expect shortages, and after their advertising campaign last week saying their stock would all be in date for Christmas by the 21sr so no need to fight the crowds, shop early :xmas19:

According to my Facebook huge ques at big supermarkets thanks to panic buyers!

I can understand people needed to buy food as plans have changed but striping shelves bare is not needed right now!

It wasn't helped by sainsbury's announcing yesterday that they expect shortages, and after their advertising campaign last week saying their stock would all be in date for Christmas by the 21sr so no need to fight the crowds, shop early :xmas19:

Exactly. Its causing chaos. Government are going to need to sort this out quickly!

They'll place item limits on before long which just causes issues for large families who do need multiple items but by that point it'll probably be too late as the shelves will be empty. Fair enough if you need it, but 2single adults don't need 60 rolls of loo paper to get through Christmas :haha:

They'll place item limits on before long which just causes issues for large families who do need multiple items but by that point it'll probably be too late as the shelves will be empty. Fair enough if you need it, but 2single adults don't need 60 rolls of loo paper to get through Christmas :haha:

It's just utter selfish behaviour. Makes me so cross.

It is really is very selfish and unnecessary :grr:

We're going through similar here. Our lockdown starts in a few days and the kids aren't going back to school. I think last of why people want to buy so much is because waiting in line to get into the store is torture. Or so I would imagine. I've never done it. #-o

Its selfish !! Just buy what you need !! I understand for larger families or if buying for elderly parents etc but generally just shop as normal ! Last time was bad enough trying to get hold of nappies etc . I know we all worry when it comes to supplies for our children.

Hope your DHs test comes back negative and your Iceland order is ok @c1403 ! The only thing I find with Iceland is they seem to deliver foods which go out of date in 2/3 days time !

Back here again-whoops! My brother was going to get a doctor barbie for dd to go with her care clinic. He got a holiday barbie, which she'll love, so I got a doctor barbie with some of her birthday money. Also got a unicorn tangle teezer hairbrush for her stocking.

I forgot to say that I got a Plants v Zombies Pea shooter plush for Dom and it arrived today and is really cute :)

We're going through similar here. Our lockdown starts in a few days and the kids aren't going back to school. I think last of why people want to buy so much is because waiting in line to get into the store is torture. Or so I would imagine. I've never done it. #-o

Where are you phantom? X

Costa coffee mug
Costa festive cakes selection
Dog calendar
2 cards
Christmas gift bag

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members