pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

@elencor That's fantastic! That's a great number. And I had that exact feeling of pain in lower abdomen when peeing for about 3 days. It even went into my lower back and was uncomfortable but not unbearable. Our clinic also didn't give us updates on day 3 embryos so we had to wait until day 5/6 to hear our results. It's definitely an anxious but exciting time!

@WinterBub I don't remember this exact symptom but I definitely felt a lot going on in my lower abdomen. I think I probably even experienced some bloating that early on. You are pumping yourself with a lot of fast-acting hormones so it totally makes sense!

@Nima That's exciting! I hate waiting in between the scans, I'm always so anxious. I have a scan on September 28 so I'm anxiously waiting for that. Hopefully time goes by fast!

I'm a little worried because I've had some higher blood pressure since getting pregnant. Before pregnancy, I was always right around 120/80 but at my last few appointments, I've been between 133/82 and 136/84. When I checked at my parents' house a few days ago, I was 140/80. I know it's getting high and my clinic hasn't said they are worried but I'm getting a little nervous and know it puts me at risk of preeclampsia. I will call them next week if I notice it at 140 systolic repeatedly. Has anyone else had any experience with slightly elevated blood pressure when pregnant?

@Megan0625 I did have some elevated blood pressure in my previous pregnancy and also had high risk for pre-eclampsia so I had to take aspirin the whole pregnancy. Other than that everything was fine, I wasn't even high risk.

@elencor 9 is wonderful! I know you are afraid you'll end up with too few blasts but the truth is you just never know. This is so hard to stay in this uncertainty for so long. Soon these days will be over and you'll be pregnant until proven otherwise, and then test, and then wait some more to know it's all well... a lot of waiting but it's so worth it!

@WinterBub how are you feeling? Do you have a scan soon to see how the follicles develop?

I am bleeding again today, which scares me a bit. But I did hear the heartbeat on the doppler and I don't feel like going to the hospital... I will just wait and see. They can't do anything anyways.

I'm sorry about the bleeding, Nima. I know any blood in pregnancy is really worrying and upsetting. I agree- I also wouldn't go to the hospital. But can you try and see your OB tomorrow? Would be nice for reassurance. I'm glad that you have your Doppler, and remind yourself that you've been through this before, and it stopped. Really hope it tapers off for you. Did they give a reason for it before? And why does this stuff ALWAYS happen on the weekend?! How many weeks are you now?

I don't have any experience with high blood pressure, Megan. Do you have any other symptoms of anything being "off"? Just wondering why you have been taking your BP. I would call and ask to be seen. Use some good buzz words like "consistently high" or "sustained high blood pressure". I don't think that there's any imminent harm or anything, but it is something that should be monitored. Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself if you feel that you need to. :hugs:

Honestly, your numbers sound really strong, Elencor. I'm looking forward to your next update, and hoping that you will have good news again :) I know the waiting is excruciating- but you've come this far! You can definitely do the next few days!! ❤️ how's your recovery going? Don't forget to drink some Gatorade!!

Afm- less symptoms today. I go in for a blood test on Monday, and then will get my next medication instructions. Not sure when the next scan will be, I think that may depend on what the blood test results are. My OH is super grumpy, which is annoying. He's stressed out about work and money, and stressed out about the cost of this whole thing.

@Nima thanks for the information, that makes me feel a bit better! I'm still taking daily aspirin too from doing IVF treatments. And I'm so sorry you started bleeding again, I totally understand the worry. I know a lot of women experience bleeding sporadically throughout pregnancy, it could potentially be cervical erosion (totally normal and is just because of irritated blood vessels in the cervix). My sister had bleeding on and off throughout pregnancy but I know it's very worrisome. The doppler really does help with reassurance! If you could get into your OB, I would, even if it is just for reassurance that everything is okay. And Winterbub is right, it does seem like these things always happen on weekends unfortunately.

@WinterBub my dad has been having some problems with his heart and blood pressure so I just checked my blood pressure with their at-home blood pressure monitor while I was at their house and noticed it was high. So now when I go over there, I check it because I knew it was getting elevated at my appointments. I've had more headaches lately but they haven't been severe and my OB said they are likely hormonal because I used to get migraines before pregnancy. I do wish they seemed to take it more seriously. I love my OB, he has great bedside manner and everything but I was a little surprised that he hasn't mentioned anything about my elevated blood pressure. Before pregnancy, it was usually 117-121/78-80 and now it's between 136-140/82. I've decreased my sodium intake (not that it was high before) and have been increasing potassium intake, along with getting slightly more physical exercise so I've been taking steps to decrease my blood pressure but haven't noticed a change yet. I'm sorry your OH has been grumpy, I know it doesn't help with the stress of the medications etc. But it's understandable to be stressed about the cost and finances. Just remember that it will be worth it in the end!

How are you today, Nima? Did the bleeding stop? :hugs:

Any news, Elencor?

Did you end up calling your doctor about the bp issue, Megan? Or when will you see him next? Absolutely advocate for yourself if you need to, but hopefully it isn't concerning to your doctor, because in his experience this isn't alarming. Does your partner come to your appointments? I felt like it was really helpful when my OH came. I was quite worried the whole way through, and he heard things the doctor said more accurately than I did. Or at least between us we heard what the doctor actually meant!

Out of nowhere this evening, I have that heavy feeling back again. Bleugh. I hope that I don't have to do the stims for too many days, and have a successful retrieval on the earlier side of that stim window! It's just a real bummer that OH is grumpy and touchy in general right now. I wish we were having more fun while this was all going on, you know? I'm also slightly worried about ohss again, but nothing to do for that at this point other than try and stay hydrated/rested/eat the right things/pray for a good outcome.

ETA: how many days of stims did you all do? I know now it is different for everyone, but just curious!

Last edited:
I did 8 days of stimulation. After 3 days I had my first control scan and they then knew it would only be 7 or 8 days top.
The heavy feeling came and go for me, it didn't progressively get worse, actually the last 2 days before the retrieval it was completely gone, and I was very nervous about it thinking maybe I had already ovulated.
I'm so sorry your husband is grumpy these days, it's all ups and downs so I guess he will feel better soon.

How are you doing @Nima ? Are you doing bed rest?
And how are you doing Megan?

Transfer is tomorrow, I'm so so nervous. There's been a couple of problems, first with the laboratory, I don't want to go into details because it's a very long story but the biologist said they can't store my embryos (if there are embryos to store) because I lack the serology of something that's mandatory (they are the ones that did draw my blood so it's their fault) anyway looks like that is resolved and that serology isn't mandatory after all, I hope they don't f*ck with me tomorrow. The other problem is I don't feel very good and I have very annoying symptoms of an urinary track infection, I'm on antibiotics at the moment and I really really hope tomorrow Im better because I don't think they'll let me do a transfer if I'm symptomatic.

Thank you for your support and I hope you are all very good

@WinterBub Yes, I called them about the blood pressure and they were a little concerned, but just want me to monitor it for now and take bp measurements 2-3 times a day and log them. It did go up to 140/90 in the late afternoon yesterday, but before bed last night, it went down to 118/72 so that's good, and it was close to normal this morning. The nurse is going to call me back today with info regarding whether or not I need to come in before my next appointment in 2 weeks, but I think they want me to watch it for now and call them immediately if it gets really high. I'm also easily anxious so that doesn't help my bp at all . I think if it stays high, they will put me on medication to try to lower it but I'm not sure if they have any immediate concerns since I'm earlier than 20 weeks pregnant. Before 20 weeks would be considered chronic hypertension and after 20 weeks would be considered gestational hypertension, but even that isn't diagnosed until sustained bps higher than 140/90, so I'm kind of in a middle zone right now. Until then I'm going to keep up eating healthier and getting more exercise to help with my bp. And to answer your question, I'm pretty sure I did stims for 11-12 days! They wanted to make sure a decent number were mature because prior to that, I had a lot of follicles that weren't quite mature.

@elencor I hope you feel better and are able to do your transfer tomorrow! UTIs are no fun at all, I used to get them chronically. I'd assume they are pretty common after egg retrievals too. Antibiotics usually help get rid of symptoms pretty quickly so my fingers are crossed that you'll feel better tomorrow!

@Nima How are you doing?

That's interesting that you were quite short on the stims, Elencor. I suspect I will be on the earlier end too, but we will see. I have a scan tomorrow, and will know more then. There's definitely something going on! Though I do have less of the heavy feeling/pressure so far today. :) And I'm SO GLAD to hear that that symptom came and went for you!! I'm a bit worried it will get worse as time goes on- glad to hear that that wasn't the case for you. Did you get more results on how your embryos are doing?

Good luck for your transfer/with the uti. Your health is the most important thing, so just go with whatever they feel is best. I really hope that you get to do the transfer tomorrow, but an FET is a great option, too if that's what ends up happening. A delay would be really frustrating, but it isn't the end of the world. ❤️ hoping you feel better overnight!

That all sounds really good, Megan. Having a log will be really helpful. And then if nothing jumps up or stays high, you will have more data to go on at your next appointment. It soundike they were on top of it and supportive of your concerns, which is great, too :)

Hi ladies! Thanks so much for asking after me. I am really touched by your support. I am still bleeding but less, and I have a feeling it's ok. I don't want to go check again, because I know there's really nothing they can do if something is wrong and I can hear baby's heartbeat every time . I am not on bed rest because it's just not possible. I am at home with a toddler and have no family close by so it's just me and my wife, who is working. Also I didn't read convincing evidence that bed rest actually helps in threatened miscarriage so I am telling myself it'll be OK....

@elencor wow I can imagine you were furious with them! I know I would be. Good thing they changed their minds and you can keep you precious embryos! I really hope you feel better tomorrow and can do the transfer.

@WinterBub I did 9 days of stims each time. I hope you know your plan soon. Such exciting and stressful days for you.

Oh winter we wrote together. Good luck tomorrow!

Hi ladies! Thanks so much for asking after me. I am really touched by your support. I am still bleeding but less, and I have a feeling it's ok. I don't want to go check again, because I know there's really nothing they can do if something is wrong and I can hear baby's heartbeat every time . I am not on bed rest because it's just not possible. I am at home with a toddler and have no family close by so it's just me and my wife, who is working. Also I didn't read convincing evidence that bed rest actually helps in threatened miscarriage so I am telling myself it'll be OK....

@elencor wow I can imagine you were furious with them! I know I would be. Good thing they changed their minds and you can keep you precious embryos! I really hope you feel better tomorrow and can do the transfer.

@WinterBub I did 9 days of stims each time. I hope you know your plan soon. Such exciting and stressful days for you.
I have a strong feeling it's okay too! You are past your most vulnerable time in pregnancy, you've had a strong heartbeat, and everything seems totally healthy. Every pregnancy is different and some women bleed throughout, unfortunately, which is just nerve-wracking. And you are right, when they told me I had a threatened miscarriage around 7 weeks, they told me bed rest wouldn't really help. I'd just suggest taking it as easy as possible! I think everything will be okay :). My baby girl gave me a heart attack last night because I couldn't find her with the doppler. I heard absolutely nothing except for placenta sounds, which almost never happens. After about 1 minute of searching, I heard her loud and clear. She moves so much and I have a partial anterior placenta on my right side, so she moved far away from the doppler and I couldn't hear her. But I feel her kicking or somersaulting like crazy today. These babies sure know how to give their moms a scare!

So sorry that the bleeding is still going on for you, Nima. I'm sure i would be beside myself, and it's so frustrating, because like you say there is no intervention to be made either way. I'm so glad that you have your Doppler, and you can listen to the heartbeat for reassurance. ❤️ I feel like there are lots of good signs to hold onto, especially the fact that you feel like it will be ok. I'm thinking of you as you wait for your next scan. Would your doctor bring you in for that appointment early? I think the growth between this next scan and your first one will show you definitively what is going on in there and how baby is doing. Wishing you well, and hoping that the bleeding stops completely. :hugs:

Elencor- sorry, I forgot to comment on the storage debacle. That's ridiculous. I hope the rest of your treatment is very boring and straight forward ;)

Parenthood is a lot about patience, Megan! And they start to teach us this lesson right from the start... Glad that your little girl was just having a quiet moment and keeping you on your toes. :)

How are you today, Nima?

Any news on your transfer, Elencor?

I'm having my first freak out about this whole thing. I messed up my first cetrotide injection, and am a bit worried that things are going to go pear shaped. I wasted one whole dose by screwing up the mixing process, and then am not confident that the whole dose I did use went in. So, freaking out a little... Need to try and reorder a single dose, and hope that what I took tonight was right. :sad2:so close, yet so far to the retrieval...

@WinterBub what day of stims are you now? Cetrotide in the first days is more of a safety measure but not so important. The probability that you will already ovulateis very low. So I wouldn't worry too much, just try and learn how to mix it better for the coming days. It doesn't affect your follicles! Everything is still going according to plan. Sending you hugs.

I have amazing news, I had a single embryo transfer done yesterday, and we have another 6 blastocysts frozen! We couldn't believe it, yesterday was a surreal experience. We still don't know the grade of the embryos, it will be explain in a dossier they'll send us in a few days, but the embryologist said this one they put into me is very good looking :lol:
We are beyond happy, I'm 1dp5dt now, please baby stick!!
The one thing I'm very sad about is, I don't know why, I don't know if it's because of the antibiotics, but since last night I'm having the very worst diarrhea ever, sorry for the tmi but it's a secretory diarrhea that is making me loose a lot of weight very fast, I'm getting dehydrated. I'm taking oral serum and just bought probiotics but I'm worried the embryo might be having a hard time implantating because of the inflammation and the dehydration, I'm worried it might be already lost do you have any information regarding this?
Anyway I don't want to think too much about this because when I do I feel like I'm screwing this up. Thank you so much guys for always supporting me through all of this, I will keep you updated, I plan to start testing at 7dpt I love this little embryo so much already!

@WinterBub dont worry the Cetrotide isn't necessary until later on according to my doctor, in fact I only took it from days 6-8 of stims, and the doctor said I could have waited until day 7. So don't worry youre doing everything fine and your retrieval will be here very soon! :hugs: btw that same thing happened to me with the most important medication of the whole process, the Ovitrelle (I don't know if it's the same name outside my country, it's the hcg shot) I messed it up and wasn't sure the medication went in and spend hours crying, but it was fine. How did you scan go? I hope you're now feeling better about all of this:hugs:.

Wow elencor that's fantastic! I am so happy for you, I'm sure 6 blasts in the freezer are very reassuring.
I hope you feel better soon with the diarrhea. Are you still on the antibiotics? Maybe ask if you can stop if you are. I don't know if the inflammation can damage your chances but it's an unnecessary stress on your body and mind.

Winterbub how are you?

I have only very little spotting left, hope it stays that way. My scan is in less than a week and I'm starting to be excited and nervous before it... Plus there was just recently a case of embryo switching in my home country (Israel) which made me a bit paranoid that it may have happened to me. The clinic in Denmark didn't make a very tidy impression...

I'm getting confused now on how many days I've been doing stims! Last night was day 7. Thank you so much for the reassurance, Nima. I'm feeling a lot of new side effects from the cetrotide, so it must have taken. FX it did. I'm going to watch some cetrotide videos on YouTube before I do it tonight. Not sure why it was so much more problematic for me than the others. :dohh:

That's wonderful news, Elencor ❤️ I'll be thinking of you, and your little "good looking" embryo as you wait for news! I don't think that diarrhea will affect your chances of implantation at all. Seems most likely that it's a side effect from the antibiotics/various drugs you've been taking through this. Everything sounds great, and I think you have a great shot at a BFP in a few days. And if it doesn't happen, it won't be because of anything you did, or because you're having tummy troubles. Im so glad that your results have all been so great.

I'm so glad that your trigger worked just fine, elencor! I'm a bit worried about that one, too as my nurse put a lot of emphasis into explaining how I'm meant to do that one. I keep asking myself "why are they letting me do this without a professional?!" I am feeling better about things this morning. I'm just nervous because this is our one and only try at IVF. So, it all seems so high stakes.

Thank you so much for the support, ladies :hugs:

I've been a bit worried about embryo switching, or some unforeseen mistake like that, too Nima! I keep reminding myself that it is very rare.

I'm glad that the bleeding has slowed down a lot. I know that it must be very worrying for you :( not too long to wait for the scan. I'll be thinking of you between then and now.

This is my mantra too, it's rare, there is no reason I should be so unlucky... but it's so scary. I hope the little one looked just like my daughter, no blue eyes or viking looks lol :)

Thank you! Yes I stopped the antibiotic but I'm still sick.
I've been worrying about embryo switching too, my clinic is very big and the waiting room for transfers was full of people. From the outside it looks easy to make a mistake like that, but we have to trust that they follow strictly the protocols to avoid it lol, I guess it's rare and there's no reason to think that is going to happen to us. But yes it's scary :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->