October/November Conkers 2021***

@topazicatzbet what a bruise!!!!! Hudson had lost 5% on day 3 but the midwife made me feel awful. He was a 7% on day 5. Hopefully baby boy will be back at birth weight in no time.

hudson is just over his birth weight so we are now signed off from the midwife! Wooo!!!!

@Suggerhoney when we decided to try for baby no.6 we said if it happens within a certain amount of time then great but if it didn’t happen in that time limit then it wasn’t meant to be. We didn’t want to have an open time frame as we knew at some point we would have to stop. It happened near on straight away so it was meant to be. Maybe just set a time limit on it and if it happens it happens?!

@topazicatzbet what a bruise!!!!! Hudson had lost 5% on day 3 but the midwife made me feel awful. He was a 7% on day 5. Hopefully baby boy will be back at birth weight in no time.

hudson is just over his birth weight so we are now signed off from the midwife! Wooo!!!!

@Suggerhoney when we decided to try for baby no.6 we said if it happens within a certain amount of time then great but if it didn’t happen in that time limit then it wasn’t meant to be. We didn’t want to have an open time frame as we knew at some point we would have to stop. It happened near on straight away so it was meant to be. Maybe just set a time limit on it and if it happens it happens?!

Your midwife was rubbish. It's fine for them to lose 10% and for bf babies they expect it to be nearer the 10%

@topazicatzbet i don’t think my hormones helped with getting upset about it. His latch wasn’t great but I think the midwife made me feel as though it was awful. The second midwife was much more reassuring and said all his loss was in the guidelines. How are you feeling?

Hi girls! Sorry been MIA. Had a bit of a crazy time! Currently in hospital! Ozzy is fine snd an absolute dream! He’s now 8lb 2 and doing really well!
Sadly after the section I went home snd about. Week later started feeling so poorly, lots of stomach pain and cramps and blood loss! Was told this was normal however Monday including take it anymore! Came into hospital to find out that despite it being very rare- after the section they had left parts of my placenta in the womb! This then caused a womb infection! So just had surgery to remove it today! Feeling very sorry for myself!! Hoping to be home tomorrow!

looking forward to seeing more babies arriving soon snd hope everyone is ok! Again sorry for the MIA Jusy been so unwell!

Hi girls! Sorry been MIA. Had a bit of a crazy time! Currently in hospital! Ozzy is fine snd an absolute dream! He’s now 8lb 2 and doing really well!
Sadly after the section I went home snd about. Week later started feeling so poorly, lots of stomach pain and cramps and blood loss! Was told this was normal however Monday including take it anymore! Came into hospital to find out that despite it being very rare- after the section they had left parts of my placenta in the womb! This then caused a womb infection! So just had surgery to remove it today! Feeling very sorry for myself!! Hoping to be home tomorrow!

looking forward to seeing more babies arriving soon snd hope everyone is ok! Again sorry for the MIA Jusy been so unwell!
Gosh that’s awful. You think they would catch something like that in a section! I’m so sorry. Hopefully now recovery will go smoothly.

@topazicatzbet little man is doing so well! Good job mama!!

@Mummy2Corban there was some research a few years ago in North America saying that actually babies come out with water weight and their initial loss actually isn’t true weight which is why they lose it so quickly… it’s supposed to be there to help with delivery or something and then be lost.

AFM I’m feeling extremely done being pregnant and go to bed hoping to wake up in labour but also, there’s a few things I need and want to get out of the way before baby comes. Car seat still isn’t clean, crib still isn’t up (it only takes 15 mins so I think I’ll just get DH to do that when we get home from the hospital tbh) and when we were sick I had to postpone teaching a science class for some homeschool kids that I rescheduled for Monday… to try and fit that in after baby comes might be hectic!! And I can’t really cancel it altogether, it needs to get done at some point. I’m really hoping to go into labour between 5pm and 6am so DH will be home otherwise he likely won’t make it if it’s a fast labour and my mom will have to take me to the hospital!

@topazicatzbet i don’t think my hormones helped with getting upset about it. His latch wasn’t great but I think the midwife made me feel as though it was awful. The second midwife was much more reassuring and said all his loss was in the guidelines. How are you feeling?

Hormones and tiredness play a big part. I had a melt down on the ward and couldn't stop the tears at one point.

Oh no. That sounds awful. Glad it's sorted now and hope you can get home tom.

@angie90 that’s crazy I’m glad you are so sorted now and hopefully recover well.

@Reiko_ctu i had an in done day yesterday just was over it. Feeling better today. I’m honestly hoping to go in labour over a weekend, DP working about 15 minute drive out of town it’s almost certain if I go in labour during the week he’ll miss it.

Plus it’s like, when you’re having random contractions how do you even know when to call DH home from work?? Hopefully he’s home @daniyaaq. All my kids have been born at night, midwife said that’s when babies like to come the best!

Plus it’s like, when you’re having random contractions how do you even know when to call DH home from work?? Hopefully he’s home @daniyaaq. All my kids have been born at night, midwife said that’s when babies like to come the best!

that’s very true, I feel like I’ll only know for sure when I’m minutes away from pushing.

I’ve had a morning baby and an evening one. So who knows when this one will come.

@topazicatzbet
Outch that is one heck of a bruise. Poor you. So good that little man has only lost a little bit of weight. He is so cute.

@Mummy2Corban
That's a good idea. I think I'm gonna start at 43 and give myself 2 years. So will stop when I reach 45. Hopefully it won't take 2 years but I'm gonna give myself that amount of time because being so much older it can take longer to conceive.
It took us 11 cycles with Harely but I did fall pregnant 4 times in 2020 too.
Yeah I think that's what I will do. If I'm not pregnant by age 45 then I will just have to accept I'm too old. I will be upset tho. Sue Radford had a baby at 43 44 and 45
So I hope it does happen for us.
I know I'm old but I really don't feel it. Still feel early 30s max. Wish I was lol

Last edited:
@angie90
Gosh hon poor u. I had that when I had my first and i was in so much pain for 9 weeks strait. Had a operation to remove what was left and I was fine after that. Get well soon hon

that’s very true, I feel like I’ll only know for sure when I’m minutes away from pushing.

I’ve had a morning baby and an evening one. So who knows when this one will come.
So what’s your delivery “plan” then? Do you have a backup homebirth planned with your midwife at all? My midwife was just like, get an extra shower curtain and some towels in a handy spot and don’t go on your bed or rugs you’ll ruin them XD

We live 10 minutes from hospital in traffic, 5 without. I just have back up ways to get to hospital. Home birthing in Australia is such a difficult and expensive process - you need atleast 2 private midwifes.

all else fails ambulance.

older kids are easy. No need to call anyone as grandma is living with us.

2 days ago we passed DD1 gestational age at birth, tomorrow will be DD2. The girls thought baby should come 3 days after what DD2 was so that would be Tuesday and he has to be 1kg more that DD2.

A girl at work predicted that I’m going to give birth on 27th. She was right about her gender prediction so let’s see how she goes.

my mom has started with the have you popped text, I’m already annoyed.

@daniyaaq Oh duh ambulance I didn’t even think of that! That is a good if all else fails plan.

Funny I kind of have the 27th in mind for my babe too lol. I have another sweep on the 26th.

It’s hard having babies at different gestations and not knowing what to expect! My third was the day before her due date and I think it’s likely that’ll be close to when this baby comes too. Don’t think I’ll make it to my due date but probably to my next sweep at 39+2!!

would be really funny if your girls were right about the timing and weight!! Seems like we’re the only two waiting now although I know there are more behind us by a few weeks too. Just feels that way.

Afm, my colostrum has started flowing a lot more. Last week I tried to get a bit (to have on hand for baby if there’s low blood sugar) and it was so sticky and hard to get out. Now it’s a week later and much easier, got 1 ml in about 15 mins. 2 more mls should be all I need for backup. None of my other babies have had low blood sugar with the GD but good to be prepared.

Tomorrow we are going to meet my sisters baby for the first time! She’s 7 weeks now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->