October/November Conkers 2021***

@Reiko_ctu i tried to express colostrum but couldn’t get any. Though I’m not trying hard enough, my nipples and boobs are so sensitive.

@sadeyedlady is also on baby watch. It’s the 3 of us near the finish line.

@topazicatzbet for some reason I didn’t see the picture of your little guy on your post yesterday?! He is beautiful! I love a dark haired baby! My last DS2&3 were born with tonnes of dark hair so I’m finding it strange that Hudson is fair and not hairy!!!!

@angie90 oh wow! So sorry to hear this lovely! I’ve read about that happening. Hope your starting to feel better now it’s been removed. Is ozzy with you?? Fingers crossed you get to go home today! Big hugs lovely.

@Suggerhoney you need to do that your happy with. Hopefully all works out and you get your last baby. If we win the lottery in the next few years I could have another but I’m not sure that will happen! Haha! So I think I’ve just got to accept that the door is closing for my baby shop!

@daniyaaq i wonder if your girls will be right. I knew Hudson would be late but I had the Thursday in my head but he arrived the Wednesday!

@Reiko_ctu your so close! Not long till your next sweep either!!! Good work on the colostrum. How exciting you get to meet your niece! How is she doing?

@Suggerhoney my mum had me at 41 and my sister at 44. You absolutely have to do what’s right for you and your family but from my own experience, my mum has been fantastic. I don’t consider her decision to have us later selfish at all. She’s now 71 and she works basically full time snd is the most fantastic mother snd nana and I am so very lucky. I have 2 older brothers I who are now in their late 40s who she had in her 20s and then me and my sister.

I don’t think her being older has stopped her at all! She’s a bloody whippet haha! But I think it’s because for her, at 44 she felt young, active and ready, where as some others might not be and that’s ok! You have to do what’s right for you and your family! Also you make such gorgeous babies haha!!

I’m home now and feeling a bit sorry for myself! They said the placenta being retained after a c section is very rare and think the hopsital thought I might try take legal action so kept telling me they were sorry, but because of the pre-eclampsia my placenta began to deteriorate so came apart in pieces when they did the section- no ones fault snd I’m home now feeling so much better! I am pretty traumatised from it and think it’s put me off trying for another. Haha!

hope everyone is well! Ozzy ha started crying for hours in the evening- not sure if the start of colic but no fun haha!! Bless his little heart!

@Mummy2Corban I fully expect his hair to go blonde like ds3 did. I got all excited when he had dark hair like me and was gutted when he went blonde. I'm prepared this time. Lol.

Looking forward to more babies arriving.

Hello ladies

hope you are all well :)

@angie90 Sorry to hear about the placenta and you being unwell, hopefully you have a quick recovery,

@Suggerhoney do what best for you, only you and the DH can make that decision :)

The rest of you are soo close how exciting

Hope all mums and babies doing ok

I had midwife earlier this week, she said baby dropped a week behind his growth but she not worried as he been bang on every other time and I have my 36 scan less than 2 weeks which she said is more accurate, she also said he is 2/5 engaged at the moment but again she not worried as 2nd baby tend to pop in and out of being engaged,
So happy to be 35 weeks this weekend and I only have 6 and half working days left before maternity wooo

Just got home from my 3D scan! They said baby was head down and has lots of hair. The photos weren’t great because I guess I was a bit far along and also dehydrated but it was great to see her. She kept putting her hands in her mouth and yawning. She looked chubby especially in her cheeks which was encouraging. I have my growth scan on Wednesday!

19F15DA7-D3AF-4411-BD72-1C4E515028B5.jpeg

At my appointment last Wednesday I was given referral and told to book scan for Monday. I thought to myself I don’t want to make that appointment and I guess I took that too seriously because I then neglected to make the appointment ](*,) literally just remembered now and it’s the weekend already

Well ladies had an eventful last 12 hrs. Went to bed and woke up at 3am with a contraction that wouldn’t stop. Was mildly painful. Decided to go pee to help it stop, and my water broke on the toilet. But it was my water plus a hemorrhage. So we went to the hospital and they said my placenta was detaching and monitored baby for a while, but I wasn’t really going into labour and they didn’t think baby would tolerate an induction so I had a C SECTION!! For my last baby lol. We are both doing well now and she’s a champ nurser. I was laughing with my midwife because literally everything I didn’t want on my birth plan came to pass XD. But I wasn’t mad at all and wasn’t even that nervous for a c section. The spinal made me wonder why I never used an epidural before lol. Anyways we will go home Sunday morning if all is well with me, Meadow is doing great.

I need your tips for c section aftercare though. I’m glad my vagina isn’t sore (tbh the incision isn’t sore at all either) but I don’t know how to function without using my tummy muscles. Also my uterus normally shrinks right back down to a flat tummy very soon after vaginal delivery and right now it’s still a bit on the larger size so I don’t know if pushing has anything to do with helping that and if I’ll be stuck with a big tummy!!

@Reiko_ctu Wow!!! Cant believe she’s here. Seems like we were just in the ttc groups yesterday. Congrats shes gorgeous! Might as well go out with a bang for your last lol. Rest up mama!

@Reiko_ctu wow what a story!! That’s wild. Congratulations I can’t believe she’s here!

Omg! Wow! Bet that was a whirlwind! Congrats she’s gorgeous! As for c section advice, take all the pain killers and rest up as much as possible. It was the next day when the pain got a bit worse so make sure you ask for help! Yours warrior well done mummy! Xx

The nurse just got me to go for a short walk after being on the bed for 15 hrs… that’s no joke!! Holy cow the tummy feels sooo weird and because I lost so much blood I felt so faint!!

@Reiko_ctu congratulations she is gorgeous. So glad they got her out OK it must have been scary.

As for c section advice make sure you keep on top of your pain relief. Good supportive Knickers help too. And accept all help as you have had major surgery.

K
It’s so hard to do anything without straining around my incision!! Really have to be extra reliant on others post partum. I want to let DH sleep but I can’t maneuver about the bed to get into feeding positions by myself!

thanks ladies for the tips. Right now I’m Justin Tylenol every 8 hours

Because of the hemorrhage I can’t have ibuprofen for a few days.

@Reiko_ctu Wow wow wow. I guess you beat me and @daniyaaq lol
Meadow is just fabulous and what a great weight. Sorry your birth plan didn't happen the way you would have liked but I'm.glad you're both safe and sound. Well done you

@Reiko_ctu oh my gosh!!! What a turn of events!!!!!! Huge huge congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. I’m so pleased to hear your both safe and ok! It shows how you just never know how these things are going to go! Can’t believe meadow is here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->