Moving on from breastfeeding

Tweetz

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have been exclusively feeding my 5month old and feel when she turns 6months I would like to switch to formula alongside weaning. What I am clueless about is do I just give her the milk in a cup or should I try a bottle as I don't want to stress her with the transition. Also if using bottles what test flow is best 6month or start with the slower flow ones ... So confusing. I would stick to breastfeeding but I feel it's time to have my body back and my time ...(never got on with expressing so partner has never been able to feed her)

Any advice would be great

I haven't EBF (mixed fed both of mine) but the bottles will come with the stage 1 teats and you can always try them and get the faster flow ones if you need them? My five month old is 50/50 and still needs the faster flow teats even with breastfeeding.

They do say to use cups at six months but I didn't switch with mine until later. If you'd prefer a cup you could try it?

My little girl is 7.5 months and still using a bottle and is still only on the SLOW flow. I use Playtex drops in with a playtex bottle. I tried to move her to the medium flow nipple but she was gagging on it. I think she is used to slow so I am fine keeping her with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->