IVF 2020 Chatter

@FTale @kittiecat @Bevziibubble Thanks so much, ladies! I passed my glucose test and my CBC blood work results were also good, thankfully. I also got the TDAP vaccination while I was there and holy heck, my arm/shoulder was sore for the rest of the weekend! But I'm glad that our baby boy will have some protection against the whooping cough, since I hear it's pretty awful when little ones contract it.

I've now seen all four OBs at my office and wasn't impressed with this final doctor. I know it was a Friday afternoon appointment before the holidays, but I don't think you should ever rush your patients out the door, that's just unprofessional. She flew through our appointment and didn't ask me if I had any questions before running out of the room. She was awful with the doppler machine so I couldn't even get a good recording of our baby's heartbeat. She mentioned nothing about counting kicks starting at 28 weeks either (which I was on the dot on Friday). So I'm hoping that I'll have some say in who delivers our baby, because I'd be fine with any of the other doctors doing it, just not her. They try to accommodate preferences but don't guarantee it.

LadyV glad you had good lab results but omg that OB sounds awful. Hope she was just having a bad day. There is a midwife at my group that I saw at end if my 2nd pregnancy and I loved her. She was also who I saw at our 1st appt with dd3 and omg she was not good that day. She asked if it was planned and her response when we said "no" was "yeah, I didn't think so". I told DH she wasn't normally like that and she was probably having a bad day. I know she still shouldn't have said that even with a bad day but I understand we are human and sometimes we make mistakes and this wasn't like a medical mistake. She was much better at our last visit with her thankfully. I do hope you can have one of the other OBs though :) oh and happy 3rd tri!

@Flueky88 Thank you for sharing that experience for perspective. Although I would have been so upset if a doctor made a remark like that to me! My husband actually asked me if I thought that maybe she was having a bad day after I told him how the appointment went, and I really wouldn't know the answer to that question, but my first impression of her will always be that she rushed through our appointment. I understand that we all have our rough days, but when I think about my work (with college students as an academic and career advisor), I don't let whatever I'm feeling get in the way of helping them. So I guess I just expect the same of medical professionals, especially with something as important as my prenatal care.

You both experienced very poor bedside manner from your care providers. I am happy you both survived with any exchanges of harsh words because I do not think I could have turned the other cheek. Well not to the comment Flueky had. Rushed appt.?? Those bad boys happen so fast you have to be a very vocal person to start with to stop the docs in their hurried tracks.

Hugs..hope neither of you go through that again.

Meh, I dunno. I know we shouldn't let our emotions bleed into our jobs and what she said was unprofessional for sure. I dunno, I think my bigger issue is with incompetence than bedside manner and try to empathize that sometimes things come through as far as emotions. I have pretty thick skin though when it comes to things directed at me. I do really like her and I do feel my opinion of her would have been different it that was our first encounter.

In any case, we are all different and that's okay on how we respond and react to certain encounters.

I will say I had a horrid experience with a nurse at pediatrician office, it wasn't my pediatrician's nurse. She made me feel like I did something wrong when i was just trying to get the proper size sling for dd2. I had tried ortho dr, medical supply companies, looked online at major retailers, and my pediatrician said we could come in and get a sling. That nurse said absolutely not and questioned who said I could get one. Then told me the nurse on voicemail was wrong and told me just to go cry at a medical supply company to make sure I get what I need as well as see ortho dr. Dd2 had already been to er 2 days prior and we had appt the next day ay ortho. I left in tears and cried all the way home. Mind you I was also 6 days pp too. I did end up making a complaint and I was given a sling for dd2 as it had been approved by her dr.

Sorry for long story. I do hope you get OB of your choice though come delivery day. If not, I hope she providers better care :)

@FTale Honestly I've had some quick appointments, but nothing like this past one before... I was still up on the exam table because she did the doppler then my TDAP shot and she was half way out the door wishing me happy holidays before I could even get my sweater back on. So I really didn't have the chance to ask my questions. I know I can always call or use the online portal, but the whole experience really left a bad taste in my mouth.

@Flueky88 What an awful experience with the nurse! I'm so sorry you went through that - what awful advice and to have to deal with the back and forth while also being just 6 days pp... I'm sure I'd be an emotional wreck! I'm glad that it all ended up working out though.

And thank you! Even if I don't get my first choice doctor, I feel better about having our doula there for the extra support, and I've heard such wonderful things about the labor & delivery nurses at my delivering hospital so I'm feeling very reassured that we'll have a positive experience.

On a separate note, my husband and I have made a lot of progress on the nursery! We put up our little love's name decal and some floating bookshelves this weekend. We are absolutely in love with this space!

IMG_9037.jpg IMG_9041.jpg

@Flueky88 Yeah, see my skin is thin but if I had proof that my dr. gave the okay that would have been ammo for me to light into that nurse and I have done that....over the phone so maybe a little different. People have to put themselves in others shoes some times. You baby needed a sling. Not like you were asking for a lolly. I am happy she did get one in the end though

@LadyVictoria I am in love love love with his lil room. So calming! I can see you sitting in there taking care of him. Big smiles and hugs going your way!!

@FTale Thank you so much! We all (including our dog) love it in there and I definitely envision a lot of time being spent in there, even though we're not planning on him sleeping in his crib for the first few months. Even now, my husband and I will occasionally go kick back in the recliner because it's so comfortable! I'm going to start reading him stories now.

That is a perfect idea!! Do you have a favorite book you plan to read to him?

That is a perfect idea!! Do you have a favorite book you plan to read to him?

I don't know that I have a favorite just yet but my mom bought us a lot of the books on our registry so we'll have a lot more to choose from. I'm about to order I've Loved You Since Forever by Hoda Kotb. You can listen to her narrate it on Youtube - it made me cry!

@LadyVictoria so sorry your appointment was all rushed like that. It does sound a bit unpleasant! Hope you manage to avoid her delivering your baby.

Love the nursery!

Merry Christmas everyone! ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"