Courtney wont settle :(

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Courtney isnt settling at nights again :(

shes in her cot now, and every so often breaking out into a big wail, I hate listening to it and just want to give her a big cuddle :(:(

but i know we need to keep strong or else she wont ever go in her cot again!!

Wednesday night i think she had a nightmare and woke about 4am so i brought her in with us... do you think shes associating the cot with her nightmare?!

:(

She prob just wants another turn in your bed :rofl:
I think once they start getting into your bed they expect it iykwim
not sure though hun :hugs:

yeh I agree she does spend alot of time in our bed, which is our fault i know, but we both work so its the easier option in the middle of the night

I had to bring her out... tried to calm her down but she was still crying, so thinking its a teeth too... calpol and now cuddles with daddy! She calm again but I know when we go to put her down she will prob wake and want our bed :(

can you move her when she alseep hun..or does she wake??
what i do is lay on the bed with rhiannon untill she is in a deep sleep, get her cot ready, pick her up and put her in her cot.. she then stayes there till morning..

unless she has nightmare/teeth/poorly then like you i bring her with me..

xxx

Jessica gets like that when she is teething. She was like it too recently when she wasn't well. Maybe she has some toothies coming? Hope she settles soon for you :hugs:

can you move her when she alseep hun..or does she wake??
what i do is lay on the bed with rhiannon untill she is in a deep sleep, get her cot ready, pick her up and put her in her cot.. she then stayes there till morning..

unless she has nightmare/teeth/poorly then like you i bring her with me..

xxx

sometimes it works sometimes it dont.. :(

she feel asleep after her bottle bout 8.30 then OH tried to move her and she was wide awake.... we brought her back in and she just looked so tired and was fighting it, tried with the cot then and nothing!!

She is generally quite good, she often goes in her cot awake, moans abit but then goes to sleep... just wish i knew what she was thinking :(

Jessica gets like that when she is teething. She was like it too recently when she wasn't well. Maybe she has some toothies coming? Hope she settles soon for you :hugs:

Im wondering this now, more teeth ... aww bless them it must be horrible for them ey :(

the first 2 came very quickly, fingers crossed these ones do too :(
she only moans about her teeth at night though, shes very happy in the day (when Im at work :rofl:)

xxx

:hugs: its not nice is it...
has she shown any teething symptoms? like drool and loose naps?? or maybe she just likes being close to mummy and daddy..(not ideal i know)

when rhiannon gets like this i just let her ride it out, i leave her play till she tires herself out then carry her to bed..
the next night then i keep to her routine, if she tries the same again i do get a bit stern and say no, its nighttime, we sleep at night etc.. if she still stays the same i then ask her what it is she wants, she was/is pretty good at pointing things out...

sorry im babbling, i know how bleugh it is to see them like this, plus how tired you feel on top...
:hugs:

xxx

not blabbling at all hun :) im interested! :)

Yeah drooling lost recently... and tbh last time we got the bottom 2 she was only clingy and crying at night time.. no other symptoms really!! If i get stern with courtney she just crys even more, I dunno if I scare her :blush: or shes doing it to be a little madam :shrug:

awww bless her, rhiannon does that sometimes and then i feel like the biggest shit on earth lol...
could be teeth??
i know when rhiannon cut her back ones i did have one night where i had to sleep with her on my lap head on my shoulder all night...she just would not go down no matter what i tried....:(
if you think it teeth she might go back off for you if you try calpol and another couple of ounces of her milk??

x

yeah shes had calpol and shes gone now.. if she wakes in the night think milk is defo going to be needed...

thanks hun :hugs:

its pants isnt it kerry!!

I havent been on here for ages coz i have so much going on and one of them is tommy is not beong good either...similar things happening, he goes to bed at 8pm every night..wide awake and then falls asleep after a few minutes..he would go straight through or wake up once if he wanted his dummy..however he decided that he didnt want to sleep after 1am and thought we should all be wide awake, scream is an understatement!!! We caved (well oh did) and bought him into our bed which i hate as im so scared of rolling on him so id stay awake for hours and then finally move him...this went on for a few night (def teething) until i had enough on mon...oh is a lazy git and just keeps bringing him in our bed so he came to expect it. Mon i went in his room, calmed him down, gave him a drink etc and tried to leave the room..my god he screamed and screamed and screamed...for an hour and 20 minutes...felt like a year.....he did finally go to sleep though...the night after the same thing happened but took 40 minutes to calm down..the next night woke twice went straight back to sleep...
id say if shes teething then just have a bit more patience with her, dont give in though and make a rod for your own back with the bed, try and stop it now, it will be hard but you gotta try and get her into her own bed and routine that fits in with you...
my goodness ive garbled on here lol

h x

hey hayley :hugs: its tough going ey!!

shes in her cot now, all sleeping soundly!! Its so hard when your super tired though and need to get up in the morning to not just bring her in!!

However Im like you and really cant sleep with her in the bed, not properly anyway!!
I do love the cuddles with her when David goes to work at 5.30 and she stirs so david brings her in!! we sleep well like that :)

I hate it when she screams :(

ps: tell mark I will pm him soon, just been quite busy

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"