Could it be twins? What do you think? UPDATE

happyface82

Reaction score
So! Would love to get some opinions! We transferred 2 blastocysts. My betas are quite high.

9dp5dp 395
11dp5dp 1290
18dp5dp 11743

We were told it's likely we have twins. We went to see the doctor on Thursday at almost 5 weeks and he said he would do a scan but we might not see anything yet. He just wanted to make sure it's in the right place. He spotted 1 sac and said he won't look any more as it's far too early and to go back in 2 weeks. He was very happy we even saw that. Do you think it can still be twins but maybe it was too early to show? I know we'll find out soon just passing time until then...

I only had my first scan at 6w 3 days and it was by then very quickly obvious that it was twins. They don't do betas here though so I cannot compare that. I think 5 weeks is really very early but FX you will find out really soon :)

Your first doubling was 28h then about 52h between the second two. It could honestly go either way. Most women that I personally know, myself included, who had 25-30h doubling speed in their early draws had twins. But I have "met" a couple that just had singletons. But, since it's 52h at like 4.5/5ws, I'd say singleton over twins or you had a vanishing twin. That's what I went had. But it's hard to say without a scan. Either way, your pregnancy sounds healthy by the numbers so major congrats! Definitely update us! Early scans are so wonky, but yay for a sac! If it is twins, then they'd have to be identical/ sharing a sac if he only saw one sac. So that makes me think singleton but hey! Identical twins do happen!

Yes my numbers more than tripled in less than 45 hours (11 and 13dpo) and it’s just one in there. :) But those numbers are soooo high and mostly I’m going on the fact that you implanted 2!

So today is the day! Having my scan later today. Sooo hoping to see at least 1 heartbeat!!!

Good luck! Can't wait for an update. It might be that the doctor didn't want to look for a 2nd sack on the first scan because of how common it is for people to have a 'vanishing twin' after diagnosing twins very early on. I saw two heartbeats on my scan at 8 weeks with my twins, but even so the doctor said that I might only have one baby by the time I go to my 12 week scan as it is quite common for one twin not to develop and to experience a "vanishing twin". Perhaps in those cases it might be better to have never known one might have started out as two. Either way, I do hope you get good news today and that you get to see at least one little heartbeat flickering away! [-o<

That’s awesome! Congratulations! My brothers are twins, and I adore them. Glad the scan went well!

Oh wow hon Twins, eeeeeek.
Massive congratulations.
So glad all went well.

Be so worth it tho hon..

I know this sounds crazy, I really want to fall and have all the symptoms even B4 I test.
I want to feel green with nausea, and have mega sore boobs etc.
Like with my 3 year old son I new I was pregnant from around 6dpo. I had so many symptoms.
Really want that again as had zero symptoms with my miscarriage last June.

just hope I fall again with my rainbow.
But looking unlikely with my age:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"