Coping with number 3. Please help!

xZoeyx

Reaction score
Hi all.

So I have 2 children, one boy aged 8 and one girl aged 4. Both soon turn 9 and 5.

I've wanted another baby for around a year now, the waves of broodiness come and go but they are super strong at the moment and I think that's because I'm 32 now and thinking about time. I'm also at the point where my 2 are much more independent and my youngest has started schooled so I'm home alone every day. I'm a "houswife" by choice, partner has always been traditional and works enough to allow me to stay at home.

My concerns are how I will cope with the no sleep again after this long when I already feel like ive aged a tonne, I've been diagnosed PTSD from my Son as he screamed so much as a baby it broke me and I now struggle with repetitive noise particularly crying. I think with my own baby it would be different but it's still a worry. I'm also diagnosed borderline personality disorder and I struggle with my moods. I'm up and down like a yoyo!

Basically I think the baby stage being nearly 5 years behind me is making me doubt my ability to do it again. Partne ris supportive but not "paternal", he will do his bit but isn't excited etc and is mostly open to a 3rd because its what I want. We've been together 16 years almost so it's a solid relationship.

How did everyone else cope going to 3 from 2 especially those of you who had older children and having to go back to baby stage?

Thank you x

Going from 2-3 wasn't to bad tbh lovely, but in honesty my ages gaps weren't that big yes some days was a struggle and I would wounder how on earth I'll get through it with 3 children, but I did and we do woman are the stronger breed we are built to get through most stuff xx

Ps what I've just wrote is probably a load of crap and sounded better in my head :haha: xx

Going from 2-3 wasn’t so bad. My youngest was 4 when I had my 3rd and my eldest was 7.

the biggest gap I had was with my 5th. My youngest was 7 when I had him and that was a shock to the system going back to the night feeding etc. he had mega bad colic too so cried a lot. But we got through it.

I have a mental health illness as well (Bipolar type 2 disorder) so I struggle bad with insomnia.

but here I am ttc mine and DH 5th baby so it’s definitely manageable love.

I think once baby fever hits there is no stopping it lol.
I was adamant I was done after me and DH had our second baby. I had such a traumatic birth with her and it really put me off. Then when she was 5 I started getting baby fever but like you was unsure if I could cope going back to square one again and dealing with a newborn and the hardly no sleep. Then when she turned 6 we started trying.
We’ve had another since who is a dream and ttc our final baby.
who will be a rainbow baby if we do fall.

Just give yourself a bit of time to think love, your still very young and have plenty of time.

good luck in what ever you decide to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->