WTT for #1 thread

I joined after a pregnancy scare too! I don't get why our OH's don't understand. Surely it's better to work through the broodiness than to suppress it?

Well that's what you'd think but this is men we're talking about here!

Then again, when I think about how obsessive my OH gets - he has OCD - I am kind of grateful that he doesn't get broody.. I know I can be a little crazy obsessive but I think he would quite possibly drive me completely potty :grr: :haha:

Wheeee!!! Girls, I got a pregnancy prediction from Gail! :p It's in my journal if you want to have a look. :)

SO I have a long story to share, but I'll try to keep it short. Most of you have probably noticed I have a hard time keeping my posts short. Sorry in advance if this gets long!

My doctor's appointment went really well. Dr.S said that she agreed I was doing much better healthwise, suggested continued diet & supplements, and advised food trials (hooray!). She said if we wanted to TTC now, she thought it'd be fine but she would have some very specific instructions for diet & supplements to help protect any possible baby from inheriting allergies and to insure proper nutrition. She said a 3 month wait would be idea- January would be her "green light" for TTC, but she still has suggestions for diet & supplements for the already mentioned reasons. I also asked her about traveling with LOs (she has 2, ages 4 and 2). It was a great conversation and I left feeling like we can do this and that I really was healthier and all my hard work was paying off.

DH & I had a long talk about it. It's great that I'm healthy enough we could TTC, but our money situation is still not ideal. I did not get any course assignments for this term (I teach online university courses), but I'm looking into (ok have started, but am not sure how much income it will generate) a work from home business opportunity and am putting in an application for winter seasonal employment at the local ski resort (15 minutes away, if the roads are good).

Also, my parents are taking us & my sister & BIL on a big trip next December. I talked to Dr.S about this & she said she'd recommend not being in my first trimester for the trip in case I was not feeling well, but second trimester or with a LO would be fine. She said traveling with a LO (even a new LO) is all about having fun together, realizing that LO was a part of everything now, that you have more stuff to take, and that everything takes a little longer. It's all about attitude. DH & I talked about this. DH said he wasn't sure about taking a pregnant me to some place outside of our comfort zone.

So here's the new plan:
1 All plans have to be fluid. No more Bee thinking plans are set in stone and freaking out (minor or otherwise) when a plan needs to change.
2 Continue to pinch all the pennies we can and pay off as much as we can
3 Realize that TODAY is not the day for TTC, but next month might be. We can reevaluate where we're at with everything when a circumstance changes (such as how many course assignments I get next semester, other income, surprise big expenses such as auto repair or illness)
4 Continue preparing while we're WTT. For example, while I was in town yesterday I got a parenting book from the thrift store that was on my list to read for a fraction of the cost I could have bought it elsewhere.

Tada! So we're trying to be happy WTT and not stressing about when we'll get to TTC. Enjoying life as it happens.

that's excellent news Bee :hugs: waiting sucks but it sounds like you can to TTC soon which is brilliant :D

1 All plans have to be fluid. No more Bee thinking plans are set in stone and freaking out (minor or otherwise) when a plan needs to change.

I love this Bee...it is so so true and probably the hardest advice you have given yourself! I am so happy that your appointment went well, your doctor sounds amazing - and well done for taking care of yourself so well the last little while. It is great that she will be happy for you to go ahead to TTC when you are ready.

I think I am going to take some of your advice and realise that plans need to be fluid and I don't need to spiral into a mess of a human when things don't work out the way I want them to.

I need to take a leaf out of your book, Bee. All of our TTC plans are almost set in stone for me, but I need to be open to change if we're not quite ready. :hugs:

Hi everyone :)

My name is Cath and me and my OH are 23 and have been together 3 and a half years (approx) and been engaged since July :). We live in East Sussex, UK and both of us work as customer service agents in insurance but for different companies.

We are WTT mainly cause of financial issues. We want to be 100% debt free and have a clean slate before we TTC. Almost like a fresh start. I can't wait till we can TTC. Am super super broody!

Look forward to getting to know you all. You will all prob come to realise I ramble a lot :lol: xx

Hi everyone :)

My name is Cath and me and my OH are 23 and have been together 3 and a half years (approx) and been engaged since July :). We live in East Sussex, UK and both of us work as customer service agents in insurance but for different companies.

We are WTT mainly cause of financial issues. We want to be 100% debt free and have a clean slate before we TTC. Almost like a fresh start. I can't wait till we can TTC. Am super super broody!

Look forward to getting to know you all. You will all prob come to realise I ramble a lot :lol: xx

Have we spoken before? DH and I are both from Hastings, but live in Canterbury now. :)

SO I have a long story to share, but I'll try to keep it short. Most of you have probably noticed I have a hard time keeping my posts short. Sorry in advance if this gets long!

My doctor's appointment went really well. Dr.S said that she agreed I was doing much better healthwise, suggested continued diet & supplements, and advised food trials (hooray!). She said if we wanted to TTC now, she thought it'd be fine but she would have some very specific instructions for diet & supplements to help protect any possible baby from inheriting allergies and to insure proper nutrition. She said a 3 month wait would be idea- January would be her "green light" for TTC, but she still has suggestions for diet & supplements for the already mentioned reasons. I also asked her about traveling with LOs (she has 2, ages 4 and 2). It was a great conversation and I left feeling like we can do this and that I really was healthier and all my hard work was paying off.

DH & I had a long talk about it. It's great that I'm healthy enough we could TTC, but our money situation is still not ideal. I did not get any course assignments for this term (I teach online university courses), but I'm looking into (ok have started, but am not sure how much income it will generate) a work from home business opportunity and am putting in an application for winter seasonal employment at the local ski resort (15 minutes away, if the roads are good).

Also, my parents are taking us & my sister & BIL on a big trip next December. I talked to Dr.S about this & she said she'd recommend not being in my first trimester for the trip in case I was not feeling well, but second trimester or with a LO would be fine. She said traveling with a LO (even a new LO) is all about having fun together, realizing that LO was a part of everything now, that you have more stuff to take, and that everything takes a little longer. It's all about attitude. DH & I talked about this. DH said he wasn't sure about taking a pregnant me to some place outside of our comfort zone.

So here's the new plan:
2 Continue to pinch all the pennies we can and pay off as much as we can
3 Realize that TODAY is not the day for TTC, but next month might be. We can reevaluate where we're at with everything when a circumstance changes (such as how many course assignments I get next semester, other income, surprise big expenses such as auto repair or illness)
4 Continue preparing while we're WTT. For example, while I was in town yesterday I got a parenting book from the thrift store that was on my list to read for a fraction of the cost I could have bought it elsewhere.

Tada! So we're trying to be happy WTT and not stressing about when we'll get to TTC. Enjoying life as it happens.

Its taken me a while to have five minutes to come on here and say "YAY!"!!

That's really good news and you have a fantastic attitude! I'm sure I'll be taking a leaf out of your book and breathing, relaxing and not setting things in stone!

:) Thanks for being so positive!

Cake :)

I'm currently WTT for my 1st rainbow baby :)
My name is Izzy & I'm nearly 20, sort of TTC will be my bday pressie hehe

Hi everyone, I'm so pleased I found this thread.

I'm MacBabby and I'm 30 yrs old my OH is 27. We've been together for 2 yrs and have decided that we'd like to TTC. At first I tried to be all organised and figure out when I would finish the pill, get my AF on track then TTC but let's be honest, it's all in the lap of the Gods.

We both have reasonably good jobs but are nowhere near getting a deposit on a house. We figured that if we keep waiting to save more money then in a few years we'll be worrying about my age. If it's not one thing it's another so we've just decided to go for it and see what happens.

I've been on microgynon then cerazette since I was 17 so it could be quite a long wait! I've got 3 wks of pills left then I'm switching to folic acid.

Great to meet you all x

Hey-lo i'm chai_w, or chai or chynna depending how you want to address me lol
OH and I have been together going on 2 years 11 months(17 days left till it is at that point:haha:), we are getting married on our 3 year anniversary(1 month 17 days left not including today). We are wtt due to school and finances and where we live.

School is going to be for the next 2 years atleast, we are either moving this coming august(fingers crossed that its then) or we may be stuck in new jersey for another 2 years while he finishes school here:cry: i really don't want to be stuck here. though he was talking about if i get pregnant while we are still here we are definitly not using one of the hospitals that is close by because they take forever to let people through and see people(basically we don't trust them) i'm completely ok with that because if we get pregnant here i want to be able to have a water birth and that hospital doesn't have that anyway.

anywhooosals besides that wait, when we do move we will be living with my dad for a short time while we try to find a house,OH's jobs are currently transferable to where we would be moving so i'd have to find a job. and then when we do find our house, we don't have furniture so we'd have to get comfortable first, and start building up our savings again, soooo it is probably going to be a long term wait for me:cry: but who knows we may have an accident and just make it work for us.:baby:

only problem with that is i do not want to be living anywhere near his mother let alone with her if i get pregnant, because she is a ball of stress:nope: but if we do get pregnant i guess i'll just have to deal lol

Bee - very excited about your news (sorry I'm a few days late!)

CupCakeFairy, you sound just like me LOL! My other helf is soooo laid back and I am the one who does the 'freak outs'. We are planning to TTC around Sept/October 2012 and I am already freaking out about things, especailly money, you dont get paid enough and prices keep on bloody going up on everything!!!! rant over......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->