What to and what not to eat during pregnancy

Anyone know if I can eat Black Pudding? We just bought a toone of it while we were away, but not sure if I can indulge!! Any ideas?

Anyone know if I can eat Black Pudding? We just bought a toone of it while we were away, but not sure if I can indulge!! Any ideas?

Im going to my midwife tomorrow so ill ask as i could murder some :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What time's your appointment? Do you know about black pudding yet? Everytime I open the fridge, it's there, taunting me!! (Except first thing in the morning when it makes me want to heave!!)

Yuck, black pudding! Eacht to their own I suppose!

I was told only peanuts need to be avoided, and that's only if you or the father have any allergies, asthma, hayfever etc or have had these in the past because this can cause a peanut allergy in bubs.

I was also told things like stilton and brie are fine if cooked through, so stilton sauces/soups are OK as are deep fried camambert/brie (apparently).

My DH is stopping me having scampi because he's got it into his head that prawns and shellfish are bad - I LOVE scampi!:hissy:

Also, I am craving runny egg yolk sooooo much at the moment, I keep seeing adverts on TV where they dip bread into a soft boiled egg - yummy!!!

Yuck, black pudding! Eacht to their own I suppose!

I was told only peanuts need to be avoided, and that's only if you or the father have any allergies, asthma, hayfever etc or have had these in the past because this can cause a peanut allergy in bubs.

I was also told things like stilton and brie are fine if cooked through, so stilton sauces/soups are OK as are deep fried camambert/brie (apparently).

My DH is stopping me having scampi because he's got it into his head that prawns and shellfish are bad - I LOVE scampi!:hissy:

Also, I am craving runny egg yolk sooooo much at the moment, I keep seeing adverts on TV where they dip bread into a soft boiled egg - yummy!!!

I want runny egg and I want it now! Everyone around me seems to be eating it and rubbing my nose in it!!
Can I eat smoked salmon? I thought I could, but then I heard yesterday that I can't! This is so confusing!

Does anyone know if cheesecake is safe? I avoided it during my last pregnancy and have so far in this pregnancy but really love it and miss it! I'm assuming cos it contains soft cheese I couldn't but now reading this thread I'm wondering if I'm actually ok to eat it?

I'm sorry, I think smoked salmon is a no because it's not cooked (could be wrong though). Not sure about cheesecake, but boy now you've put that idea in my head, I could eat a massive one!!!

Yes. Traditiional UK black pudding is a cooked sausage made from pork fat, cereal or oatmeal, seasonings and blood, usually from pigs. People often confuse it with pate or liver sausage, but it's not the same. But do check the sell-by date, store it in the fridge and make sure you serve it piping hot.

One of my friends recently miscarried. She was told it was due to eating too many deli meats and hotdogs. Something in them caused the miscarriage. I didn't get all the details but I'm definitely staying away.

ive been eating soft scoop ice cream that i brought from tescos does anyone know if this is ok ?
jeni i eat meat in my sandwiches for work , how far gone was your friend when she miscarried ? violet xx

oh no jen im so sorry to hear that , i don,t know how they can blame that on a certain food she ate though . violet xx

I don't know either. She isn't really in the mood to discuss so I don't have many details. I really just listened and made note since that is what she was told.

I read somewhere not to eat alfalfa sprouts... any one else heard this?

OMG I am freaking out, I had some haagen-dazs last night and it says it has egg yolks in it :hissy:

ok girls, anyone confirm that its ok to eat philadelphia? I did some searching on google and there were conflicting comments.... also, are we not meant to eat any meat bought from the supermarket, such as packet ham, beef etc?

ok girls, anyone confirm that its ok to eat philadelphia? I did some searching on google and there were conflicting comments.... also, are we not meant to eat any meat bought from the supermarket, such as packet ham, beef etc?

Goodness Philly is fine babe, take no notice of anyone who says it isn't....it's not the sort of soft cheeses they mean to avoid....these are Brie and that sort of cheese which aren't always pasteurised.

Packet ham etc should also be fine....as long as it's within the use by dates:baby:

Here sweetie, look at this link for NHS direct and their recommendations and relax:hug:

https://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleid=917

Does anyone know if soya milk is fine for pregnant? Just love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->