Trying To Conceive #1 Only Vent Thread

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Welcome to the Trying To Conceive #1 Only Vent Thread, a ranting space for all your TTC stresses. Something you can't say out loud? Say it here!

This thread is for TTC #1 ONLY. If you are TTC #2+ please use the TTC #1+ vent thread (click). We also have a vent thread for LTTTC (click).

:D

Please make yourself familiar with our FORUM RULES (click) before you continue, specifically the following:
Rudeness, flaming or trolling is not tolerated on, or about, BabyandBump or its members. Any member who is intentionally disruptive may have their account restricted or banned without warning.
Antisocial, discriminatory or offensive messages (intended or otherwise) aimed at the community at large, certain demographics (including parenting styles) or specific members, are not permitted.
To make it clear:

• You may not target another forum member and/or thread within this vent thread.
  • Cross posting causing a negative atmosphere is not acceptable forum activity.
  • All vents are personal to the individual poster.
  • Whist BabyandBump is a public forum you may not come on to use this thread solely to tell someone else their current feelings are wrong.
  • Ignoring these guidelines may result in your account being restricted or banned without warning.

I swear baby&bump has been like an online therapy for me!!
So, right now feeling drained and pretty low with it all....first cycles all over the place when I came off the pill, then referred by my gp for bloods to test for ov as a couple years back they found cysts (by accident) so just to check all is okay. Results come in tomorrow and feeling so nervous....then yesterday started getting lower back pain so was convinced Af on her way...but nothing...then a wave of nausea...convince myself I'm pg!...then can't sleep for thinking about it...still no Af, no more symptoms, and feeling exhausted by the whole thing this cycle.
Can't tell dh as he was gutted last month by bfn and don't want to get his hopes up so here is the only place I can moan...!
So...test results tomorrow...please please be positive for ovulation...then if I get over that hurdle if no Af by Monday or Tuesday Ill be testing....
So so tired...if these ov tests negative ill have to do this for the next three months to monitor it...please don't let it be negative. Part of me thinks I should have left it a year before going to to the doc but didn't want to waste time if it turned out the cysts were affecting fertility and a year had gone by without knowing...but I'm stressing out now...:nope:

I've been TTC for 10+ months. No period in 2.5 months. Always BFN....without a shimmer of a line. Was given Provera to start my period but just kept thinking what if what if and haven't taken it yet. Lot's of dr. appts next week for me and my DH. So very tired of trying, of peeing on sticks, worrying, family keeps asking me what's wrong. All of this but still trying to stay happy and stress-free for future baby. Some days are great, some days are terrible. I never was good at waiting for what I wanted. But, here I am, waiting and praying. Thinking I might have PCOS, but I guess I'll let the dr. decide that in the near future. Why does this fertility thing have to be so tricky! I avoid every "I got pregnant on the first try" story like the plague. Well, this is my vent. In real life, I'm actually a really happy funny pleasant person to be around, but this forum is really helpful for when the angry POAS addict needs a release.
Baby dust to all!

I've been TTC for 10+ months. No period in 2.5 months. Always BFN....without a shimmer of a line. Was given Provera to start my period but just kept thinking what if what if and haven't taken it yet. Lot's of dr. appts next week for me and my DH. So very tired of trying, of peeing on sticks, worrying, family keeps asking me what's wrong. All of this but still trying to stay happy and stress-free for future baby. Some days are great, some days are terrible. I never was good at waiting for what I wanted. But, here I am, waiting and praying. Thinking I might have PCOS, but I guess I'll let the dr. decide that in the near future. Why does this fertility thing have to be so tricky! I avoid every "I got pregnant on the first try" story like the plague. Well, this is my vent. In real life, I'm actually a really happy funny pleasant person to be around, but this forum is really helpful for when the angry POAS addict needs a release.
Baby dust to all!

I completely understand what you're going though. We're here for you! At least you're seeing a doctor. It's nice to have answers.

I'm waiting on the results of my ultrasound to see if there's something wrong with me. Only been 8 months ttc, but 4 years off bc not always being too careful about it. You start to lose hope after seeing negatives every month, but you have to keep moving forward with life, right? I agree most days are good, but some days it hits you. Lots of babydust to you.

I swear baby&bump has been like an online therapy for me!!
So, right now feeling drained and pretty low with it all....first cycles all over the place when I came off the pill, then referred by my gp for bloods to test for ov as a couple years back they found cysts (by accident) so just to check all is okay. Results come in tomorrow and feeling so nervous....then yesterday started getting lower back pain so was convinced Af on her way...but nothing...then a wave of nausea...convince myself I'm pg!...then can't sleep for thinking about it...still no Af, no more symptoms, and feeling exhausted by the whole thing this cycle.
Can't tell dh as he was gutted last month by bfn and don't want to get his hopes up so here is the only place I can moan...!
So...test results tomorrow...please please be positive for ovulation...then if I get over that hurdle if no Af by Monday or Tuesday Ill be testing....
So so tired...if these ov tests negative ill have to do this for the next three months to monitor it...please don't let it be negative. Part of me thinks I should have left it a year before going to to the doc but didn't want to waste time if it turned out the cysts were affecting fertility and a year had gone by without knowing...but I'm stressing out now...:nope:

:hugs: At least the doctor will hopefully have answers!

Baby dust to all!

I completely understand what you're going though. We're here for you! At least you're seeing a doctor. It's nice to have answers.

I'm waiting on the results of my ultrasound to see if there's something wrong with me. Only been 8 months ttc, but 4 years off bc not always being too careful about it. You start to lose hope after seeing negatives every month, but you have to keep moving forward with life, right? I agree most days are good, but some days it hits you. Lots of babydust to you.

Good luck with your ultrasound. I hope all is well! At this point, just having some answers would be a real relief I'm sure. I read somewhere that almost 90% of people who take *longer* to get pregnant will eventually get pregnant with medicine, dr. intervention, etc. which made me smile.
Here's some baby dust for you. :dust:

3dpo... Sore bbs... Let this be the one. Tired of waiting now!

offically been ttc#1 for a year!!!!!!!!!! is this ever going to happen?

& to all the people i keep hearing say 'i conceived in the first month, go die. i'm sick of hearing it!

I'm not a bad friend because you decided to have a baby. You're a bad friend because you forgot how to be a normal human being.

I'm on my period. Leave me alone i'll eat and drink what the fu*k i want.

What is so messed up about biology that it allows my 17 year old niece to get pregnant long before she is mature enough to be a mom, while I—who waited until I was through graduate school, married, had a stable income, savings, and bought a house—cannot seem to get pregnant? Why is our fertility so much better at an age when most people aren't yet ready to have children?

Been TTC 10+ months, on cycle 11 now. I've temped for the past 3 O's so I know that much is working. Wondering if there's some busted plumbing still. We did some OPKs this cycle to get our timing right. I'm starting to really worry/wonder if its DH.
It could also be my Sister who's been living with us for nearly 6 months now. She's supposed to be looking for better work opportunities etc. So far she's lost one job, quit another and only managed to get this part time cafe gig because a guy she met wants in her pants and recommended her to HR. So we're on the slow painful process of trying to ensure she's out by the 6 month deadline. She seems to be on a mission of false flattery. If she wasn't so lazy and actually showed that she was making a genuine effort to find work we might be a little more flexible. But honestly, she spends all day on Twitter, gaming and photoshop.

I work with immigrants, my first job after my Master's was to help them find work. If someone who lands with little to know English and they manage to find sustainable, family supporting work... Then logic dictates that my Canadian born and raised sister should be able to find that or better? Nope. She has consistently rebuked any help and suggestion I've offered by way of job search tips. She can't even manage to get her provincial health card changed over. I've tried to even scare her that she's no longer covered from her old health card... nada.

I'm of the opinion that I should really stop helping people who can't help themselves. I don't care for her to be awesome and get a 6 figure job... I want her to make an effort.

WOW that feels great getting it out there all in one spot.

Don't get me started about the 5 or 6 babies due between now and the new year. A few are close friends too. I've been a snotty weepy mess after the baby showers... and there's TWO MORE to go to in the next month. FML

Thanks ladies. I agree, this is very cathartic.

What is so messed up about biology that it allows my 17 year old niece to get pregnant long before she is mature enough to be a mom, while I—who waited until I was through graduate school, married, had a stable income, savings, and bought a house—cannot seem to get pregnant? Why is our fertility so much better at an age when most people aren't yet ready to have children?

Lionchild - I AGREE! Recently, a 23 year old relative by marriage just announced she is pregnant with her 3rd child, having her first at age 15 .. all out of wedlock. She has no health insurance and relies on WIC. We pay for her to have kids she can't afford but we can't have kids we can afford. Every time I look at her, I think "Idiocracy".

Don't get me started with the crackheads who abandon their babies in the alleys.

I started trying to conceive after my husband came back from Iraq in 2009. Two years of infertility treatments and $23K broker, I have yet to held a positive pregnancy test. At this point, getting a positive pregnancy test and miscarrying is a step forward for me. My period is always on time, like clockwork. Give me a sign that I'm not a rock!

i wish people would watch what they say

Lionchild - I AGREE! Recently, a 23 year old relative by marriage just announced she is pregnant with her 3rd child, having her first at age 15 .. all out of wedlock. She has no health insurance and relies on WIC. We pay for her to have kids she can't afford but we can't have kids we can afford. Every time I look at her, I think "Idiocracy".

Don't get me started with the crackheads who abandon their babies in the alleys.

I started trying to conceive after my husband came back from Iraq in 2009. Two years of infertility treatments and $23K broker, I have yet to held a positive pregnancy test. At this point, getting a positive pregnancy test and miscarrying is a step forward for me. My period is always on time, like clockwork. Give me a sign that I'm not a rock!

Haha! My husband and I always reference the movie, Idiocracy. Sometimes it feels the world is headed in that direction.

It sounds like you've had a number of rough years ttc. I'm so sorry. I have so much admiration for all the long time ttc gals. You are all so strong (even if you don't feel it all the time)—you are.

I understand what you mean about getting a positive even if it doesn't stick. I realize that other people have trouble staying pregnant and have continual miscarriages, which I can imagine is extremely difficult emotionally. When you've never had a positive, however (I haven't either), you just want to know that it is possible. This is why I never feel bad about testing early if I can't wait (some months I do, others I don't). I just want to see a second line even if it is a cp.

WOW that feels great getting it out there all in one spot.

It really does, doesn't it!

:hugs: Family can drive you crazy! I hope your sister is out by the deadline so that you can breathe again.

I'm of the opinion that I should really stop helping people who can't help themselves.

Thanks ladies. I agree, this is very cathartic.

I completely agree!

Right now my main vent is that the tww is driving me nuts, along with the yeast infection I seem to have contracted only days after finally getting over a horrendous stomach virus... I really can't catch a break!

I am so, so hurt right now. I have hit the ten month mark TTC, and just saw another person's pregnancy announcement on Facebook. I honestly felt like punching my computer screen. How much disappointment can a girl take? Why do they get to pregnant and I don't? What the hell have I done to the universe that we can't make a baby, but this one girl who bounces from relationship to relationship gets pregnant accidentally?

I know it sounds horrible, but I hate finding out when other people in my life are pregnant. It hurts my heart so badly. I just want to cry.

Right now my main vent is that the tww is driving me nuts, along with the yeast infection I seem to have contracted only days after finally getting over a horrendous stomach virus... I really can't catch a break!

I think I have another a YI too. And the tww is slowing down the days to a crawl for me.

But back to back after your bug is just not fair yoshy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->