The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Lost my footing on the stairs and fell carrying my 2 mo old :(

I hurt my back but the little guy wen unharmed, thankfully!

I'm pregnant with #2

I just left DD downstairs with some snacks and a film while I came upstairs for a lie down.

I feel awful but gosh pregnancy and a toddler is exhausting!

How does she get hold of you?? Is there a gate on the stairs?

I'm pregnant with #2

I just left DD downstairs with some snacks and a film while I came upstairs for a lie down.

The post was four months ago and the child was 3 at the time... She probably just walked up the stairs herself or called out.

I tried so hard to resist but when my baby was 2 weeks old he was suffering from baby acne really badly. I would lightly scratch at the "white heads" to get them to pop. He didn't really care or notice. My picking habits are awful and I do it to myself and my husband. Thankfully the acne went away within two weeks.

I'm guilty of doing this too. 😳 I wouldn't squeeze them just scratch the top of them when they start to go a bit scabby.

I have picked at his cradle cap... Just can't stand those chunks!

I returned to work yesterday and although I feel like I am missing 2 arms (and most of my brain) I didn't cry and I feel incredibly guilty as I do miss them like crazy :wacko: :(

This isn't the first time I have had to leave them tho and I did cry that time!

I'm pregnant with #2

Seriously? Tell me who exactly has NOT left their babe/toddler downstairs and snuck upstairs for a few minutes rest...

Most parents of small kids have gates I think...

DS2 fell off of the changing table at the swimming pool onto the floor head first :(

I know he can crawl and never stays put yet I still put him up high for 2 seconds, he's sporting a lovely bruise on his forehead now!

Bad mummy/ wife confession. Whenever AF arrives I sneak out to the shops and buy apacket of Starburst jelly babies and Monte Carlos. When my baby is asleep, I watch TV and eat them. Hubby doesn't know this because I hid it in my shirt drawer.

I accidentally smacked my little girl yesterday on her tummy. She was climbing all over me while I was writing an essay and she bit me really hard. My immediate reaction was to swat at the pain, I hugged her straight after and felt so bad. She cried for so long - I never raise my voice at her, let alone hurt her so she was really shocked :cry:

For some crazy reason I was dishing up los dinner, and instead of taking his plate to the oven, I carried the oven tray to the table and accidentally brushed his arm with the tray. Luckily it wasn't red hot as it had been standing a little while. He didn't flinch! Just looked at me, and I said oh no baby did mummy just touch you with that?! He carried on eating while I figured out if I'd burnt him or not. I had :( poor baby, felt so bad. He has a red mark on his arm now, but we kept it cold so hopefully no damage done.

We went to Peppa Pig world for my daughters second birthday and she was about 3cm too small for the dinosaur ride (a bobbing dinosaur goes round a flat track). We probably wont bother going back and I really wanted to let her go on it so I stuffed her shoes under the heel with rolled up socks and she was let on.

My baby girl fell off my bed onto the floor and the thing was I was too slow to catch her and watched it all in slow motion :( we both cried but she is okay

My LO has been refusing to put her sleeping bag on but she doesn't settle without it. I was getting cross the other day and kept saying 'get in the bag' (her word for it) I only realised after her windows were open ad the whole street would have heard...

My LO has been refusing to put her sleeping bag on but she doesn't settle without it. I was getting cross the other day and kept saying 'get in the bag' (her word for it) I only realised after her windows were open ad the whole street would have heard...

:rofl: if only you could have seen their faces!

I think I have been an okay mum up until last week, now I seem to hurt her several times a day!

The other day I:
-Burnt her mouth by overheating the food in the microwave. She cried for ages and wouldn't let me feed her for a day! (she let daddy and gran feed her fine tho!)
-Put her on the couch for literally 10 seconds. She fell off, head first.
-Accidentally made her mashed potato with cows milk. Shes allergic. She ate loads before I realised.

I swear I'm not normally this negligent!

Love how this thread is still going after I started it so long ago. Haven't been on in years but came to review some of my diary entries about IVF as it is the 10 year anniversary from getting our first BFP from ICSI. Now an older, more tired but still truly terrible (sometimes!) mother of two 9 year olds and a 7 year old. Someone pass the manual for these small people!

Today I let Zach have a sip of my tea. He really liked it. He had several more sips. Realised a few hours later it had cow's milk in it. He was still allergic as far as we knew but he seems fine!

I had a doctor's appointment and brought DS with me. The doctor ended up getting called to the hospital so we were stuck waiting for an hour and a half.

DS was getting quite restless in his car seat but the floors were dirty so I didn't want him crawling around, so I unbuckled the top buckles and loosened the straps.

By the time we finally got done out of there I just grabbed him, put him and his seat in the car and drove 20 minutes home.

When we arrived I discovered to my horror that I hadn't rebuckled the top buckle or tightened the straps so we'd driven home with only the bottom buckles in place. I felt like the worst mom alive and kept telling DS how sorry I was. Thank God we didn't get in an accident!

Looks like its been revived!! Ooh i remember one i think i accidentally put savlon on the kids toothbrushes!! They said it tasted weird at the time and i was like 'dont be silly its fine'.. later i was washing my hands and saw the savlon sat next to the toothpaste in very very similar tubes and thought well.. its possible lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->