The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I tried so hard to resist but when my baby was 2 weeks old he was suffering from baby acne really badly. I would lightly scratch at the "white heads" to get them to pop. He didn't really care or notice. My picking habits are awful and I do it to myself and my husband. Thankfully the acne went away within two weeks.

I'm guilty of doing this too. 😳 I wouldn't squeeze them just scratch the top of them when they start to go a bit scabby.

Joining the bad mothers thread...

Yesterday I left my baby on our bed for a second to go get her a diaper and as soon as I left I heard a thump and her crying. She had rolled off the bed and was on the floor on her tummy crying.

I checked her and she's ok, responsive and eating normally, no bumps or bruises but man did that scare me!

The funny thing is I didn't even know she could roll! She's 4 months and she can kinda roll from her tummy to her back, but not the other way! I guess she learnt... :p

Joining the bad mothers thread...

Yesterday I left my baby on our bed for a second to go get her a diaper and as soon as I left I heard a thump and her crying. She had rolled off the bed and was on the floor on her tummy crying.

I checked her and she's ok, responsive and eating normally, no bumps or bruises but man did that scare me!

The funny thing is I didn't even know she could roll! She's 4 months and she can kinda roll from her tummy to her back, but not the other way! I guess she learnt... :p

My little man's just learnt how to roll from back to front just this past week as well. Took us by complete surprise and now he won't stop!

Very bad mommy here....

As I was getting ready to leave my in-laws, I put my 3 month old in her carseat and just loosely strapped her in, figuring it'd still be another 5-10 minutes before we were actually leaving and intending to tighten the straps properly once we got to the car. Well, after all the good byes and last minute chit chat, I totally forgot about the straps (new mom brain?!) and just snapped her carseat into its base and drove away. I actually got a few miles down the Interstate before realizing she wasn't in right and I took the next exit and tightened her up but wow was that scary to think something so important could so easily slip my mind!!! And it certainly hasnt happened again :shy:

Is there a bad daddy thread? My OH left my very mobile son on the couch whilst he went to get something in the kitchen. He was mortified when he came back in just as he rolled off the couch and onto the floor. Naughty daddy!

we have a fisherprice seat with tray, a bit like a bumbo, i have no idea how but i keep catching Ms side when i attach the tray, i have no idea if i nip him and if i do, how! or if im just scratching him, but he always tries moving away from both sides now when i put it on :haha: funny to watch actually

I'm pregnant with #2

I just left DD downstairs with some snacks and a film while I came upstairs for a lie down.

I feel awful but gosh pregnancy and a toddler is exhausting!

Is there a bad daddy thread? My OH left my very mobile son on the couch whilst he went to get something in the kitchen. He was mortified when he came back in just as he rolled off the couch and onto the floor. Naughty daddy!

Lol bad daddy thread! I have one for that!
A few months ago, OH was supposed to put DS (2.5) into his car seat for me and we were headed just down the street to the store to pick up some dinner, we live in quiet little community in the suburbs. I hear DS happily singing and playing in the back as I drive down the street. I can hear him saying "Hi Tree, Hi car, Hi flowers". I only got about a minute down the road before I peeked back at him, to realize he was standing UP in his car seat, turned around waving at the other cars behind us! Needless to say I panicked, screamed, and pulled over DS got scared and sat right down into his seat and tried to buckle himself in, saying "sorry mom, sorry mom" :rofl: now we always triple check he is buckled in all the way!! :haha:

Lol bad daddy thread! I have one for that!
A few months ago, OH was supposed to put DS (2.5) into his car seat for me and we were headed just down the street to the store to pick up some dinner, we live in quiet little community in the suburbs. I hear DS happily singing and playing in the back as I drive down the street. I can hear him saying "Hi Tree, Hi car, Hi flowers". I only got about a minute down the road before I peeked back at him, to realize he was standing UP in his car seat, turned around waving at the other cars behind us! Needless to say I panicked, screamed, and pulled over DS got scared and sat right down into his seat and tried to buckle himself in, saying "sorry mom, sorry mom" :rofl: now we always triple check he is buckled in all the way!! :haha:

Aww I couldn't help but chuckle at your poor son! How sweet of him to apologise. He hasn't forgot to buckle him in yet but he's forgotten to tighten the straps 😫 oops!

my LB had his first big fall at my mums last week.
in her dining/kitchen area she has a big patio door with 2 concrete steps outside, we was all in the dining area as my parents were cooking, i needed to get M a drink from the living room so i asked my sissy to watch M near the door a min, she didnt hear me so began to follow me asking what i said. in that second i think time slowed down, i looked over at the door and M was stood on the plastic frame to the patio door, i panicked and as you do, the first thing i did was ran to him, worst thing to do ever, he turned around to run away from me and in what seemed like slow motion he fell down the stairs, i grabbed whatever it was he had in his hand in the hopes id catch him, i didnt but it slowed his fall, he was crying, i was cryin, my mum was in the kitchen crying and all my dad could do was say 'its okay, hes fine, there isnt a hole in the floor everything is okay' (my dad is the most sercastic person ever) when i finally calmed down i looked at M and said 'you stupid idiot, i almost had heart attack!!' it was horrible, and the worst thing is, i know there are many more, worse falls to come..

Lol My 23 month old daughter now knows "cheers" and clanks her sippy cup on your cup and then takes a swig of water! :rofl:

Today at lunch, my 18-month-old let out an ear-shattering, minute-long scream. At the end, there was a stunned silence as me, the nanny (I work from home) and my three-year-old son stared at her.

Then DS loudly says, "Jesus, man!!!" in exactly the tone of disbelief/mild shock that he must have heard me use when he heard me say it. (Which to be honest could have been one of a number of times :blush:)

The nanny and I did completely the wrong thing by cracking up laughing for about five minutes. Of course DS was delighted and repeated it over and over again.

Eventually the nanny and I got hold of ourselves, straightened our faces and stopped reacting when DS kept repeating it. After about 10 more repetitions, he got bored and trailed off.

And then DD piped up in her little baby voice, "Deezes, mon!"

BAD MUMMY.

Today at lunch, my 18-month-old let out an ear-shattering, minute-long scream. At the end, there was a stunned silence as me, the nanny (I work from home) and my three-year-old son stared at her.

Then DS loudly says, "Jesus, man!!!" in exactly the tone of disbelief/mild shock that he must have heard me use when he heard me say it. (Which to be honest could have been one of a number of times :blush:)

The nanny and I did completely the wrong thing by cracking up laughing for about five minutes. Of course DS was delighted and repeated it over and over again.

Eventually the nanny and I got hold of ourselves, straightened our faces and stopped reacting when DS kept repeating it. After about 10 more repetitions, he got bored and trailed off.

BAD MUMMY.

Oh my goodness, that baby voice would make me lose it all over again

BAD MUMMY.

Oh my goodness, that baby voice would make me lose it all over again
Oh, it did! :rofl:

I forgot my daughter!! FOB usually picks DD up from preschool on a thurs, and keeps her until sat afternoon, which works well for both of us. This week, he has placement today, so asked if he could pick DD up after dinner. Not a problem. Dropped her to school like usual, went home to do some chores and have breakfast. Played a few games on the ipad, watched some day time tv. Then realised I was supposed to pick her up. Literally ran to school, normally takes 15 minutes, I did it in 5. I felt terrible, but she didn't even notice thank god!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->