Shocks of pain through breasts

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
I'm 28 weeks, and have been experiencing some leaking on and off since 18 weeks. This is my first pregnancy that made it past first trimester.
I had the typical sore breasts up until around 13 weeks or so, and they've been fuller but painless since. Now, all of a sudden, I'm getting random shocks of pain through each breast. It's not accompanied by any other pain, nor with leaking.
Is this normal? Just a part of the whole getting-ready-for-baby thing?

I'm guessing it's normal. I've also had shooting pains. Nothing constant. But random ones. Since around the same time as you. Maybe ask your ob/ mw next visit? Just to be sure.

I've been getting these occasionally but worse than ever over the last week or so. I figured it was just the milk production cranking up a notch as the pain seems to be centred around the nipple and my breasts always feel very full and heavy when it happens!

I got this yesterday. I've never had it before and it was only in my right breast. It completely took me by surprise. I don't know anything about it but I haven't had it since. Completely baffled lol xx

I had that too, my midwife says it's just a normal part of your boobs gearing up for milk production. Really unpleasant though! It's the only time I've touched myself up in public and not given a crap about what people thought :haha:

Haha....I got a shock at work and ended up grabbing my breast. A customer looked as though she was pretending not to notice.
Glad to know I'm not alone. ;)

try gentle massaging and a warm cloth.. when mine are sore or are having those shooting pains, that seems to help a lot.

I have this too now and again, It really hurts :cry: Iv tired massaging my stretch mark cream into my boobs every night and i have noticed that this has helped a bit. xx

I've had this plus just aching breasts in general. Sometimes the pain really does take my breath away. I have to massage my breasts too just to get some relief. Happened in the post office the other day... not a great place to have to touch your breasts in public! Anyone have any other remedies that might help? Or do they know when the pain goes away?x

I was getting this too and it seems to have calmed down in the last week and suddenly my boobs have ballooned!!! Based on that, I would say its just your boobs getting ready. I too found rubbing them really helped and (apologies for the TMI) squeezing a little colostrum out of my nipples. I know that they recommend using a certain cabbage leaf to ease them when breastfeeding and warm flannels- that might help?

im not even pregnant lol my period is due in 5 days and my nipples are extra sensitive this month and im getting random tiny shocks so i googled to see if it was a pms symptom and this is the only thing i could find lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->