Schools reopening

Babybump87

Reaction score
How does everyone feel now about school reopening and sending their children back ?!

I’m not gonna lie I am anxious about it all . Our school seems to have good things in place for their safely but it remains to be seen how they actually come into play when they are all back !

Mine will be going I feel it’s best for them , they have been within our family circle social distancing from other family members for the whole time and not mixed with any children , they miss their school and friends. They miss hugging and playing in their grandparents so hopefully school will bring a more normal and familiar way of life for them .

I'm feeling OK about it. Mine have been off for 6 months now and they still don't want to go back! I am more worried about all the anxiety that they may go through. I am half expecting the schools to close again if there is an outbreak as I can't imagine young kids really understanding the social distancing thing!

I am 100% sure that it’s the right decision for my kids to go back, and 100% happy with the precautions in place.

But of course I’m nervous about it in terms of how they will find the changes. My son is starting his first year (reception in England) but was at preschool in the school so knows it well. However he is an anxious boy about leaving me, and I feel this will make it all worse as I can’t take him in etc.

So my worries are just about how they’ll find it. I’m happy with them going. It’s a small country school, biggest class is 20 so all fine in that respect.

My son starts Year 2 this year and my daughter starts Year R and they cannot wait to go back to school - it isn't going to be the same they will be in class bubbles and we have staggered pick up and drop off times but they have both been to school holidays clubs a couple of times in the last few weeks to get them used to leaving us and being around other children (as they have been home for 6 months) and they both loved it.

I have had a lot of communication from the school and they are really on top of things so I have no worries there at all :thumbup:

Yeah Bev In the back of my mind I am thinking the same about school closures again , surely they will do other things to avoid this though . Six months off is going to be devasting for some kids !

Doggy - DD2 starts reception too and like your DS is very nervous and anxious! I’m worried how they will adjust but I’ve been in touch with school and obviously because of their ages there will be very little social distancing although this will be encouraged in our school . I think early years will be more or less the same in my school which should hopefully help them all settle in

DD1 cannot wait she has missed school and her friends so much my heart breaks for her times much as she’s got DD2 she needs kids her own age. I’ve spoke to her about some of the changes but she’s very sensible for her age and I know she will follow the rules !

We have staggered pick up and drop off times too and they will be in year bubbles . I’ve been communicating with my school too and they have been very re assuring . I think no head teacher wants a major out break in their school !

Here’s to next week!!

i agree with doggy ,i'm comfortable with our kids going back to school. I'm even trying to make sure i have enough in my budget to send my 2 year old to daycare. I'm comfortable with the way our kids preschool is handling drop offs and pick ups. Hopefully this whole mess will be sorted out by mid next year.

My daughter is going back tomorrow and she's finally excited about it which is a relief as she'd been saying for months that she didn't want to go back!

Schools around here aren't re-opening for face-to-face. We're doing 100% distance learning. I'm online live 8:20-noon, then they have lunch and independent work until 2:50, and then I meet them again for a closing meeting. It's exhausting but it is what it is.

The flip side to that is my son is back at discovery preschool. It's stressful because at this age (3) they don't social distance. And you can hand wash or take temps and the staff can wear masks, but end of day if someone comes in asymptomatic then that's that. They shut down one week because an infant teacher was positive asymptomatic. I hate sending him, but he loves his teacher and there's no way I could keep him home and do my job. It breaks my heart that I have to put my son and family in danger, but that's life. I feel the same way about my job in general. I give so much of my time and energy to be a teacher and raise other people's children only to have nothing left in the tank for my own. Which is compounded by the fact he has special needs and he needs mor intervention than I can give him running on empty 24/7. But somehow at work I dig deep into the reserves to be a good teacher, and I can't seem to do the same at home.

But as a teacher with a young child who has been hospitalized due to breathing complications from a cold, a brother with an immune system disorder, and two elderly parents. It's actually believed that caught covid at work in march because a student's family lied about traveling from a hot spot. My son and I only avoided being hospitalized because we have a nebulizer and breathing steroids at home. So I miss school. I miss my students. But my God how does a child recover from transmitting an illness like that to someone else? Can you imagine a kid taking it home and it killing someone they love? But it's easy for me to say keep the schools closed when my kid goes to preschool and I'm really techy.

Doggy, I had similar concerns because my son is very routine based and very attached to me. And we're also not allowed to walk them in anymore. We do drop off and pick up from the parking lot. It was hard, but his teachers were just very supportive of him. And now his favorite teacher from two years ago is in his room, so he's actually so excited to go to school. hopefully it's that adjustment period is easier than anticipated. I just make sure I'm clear that mommy will be back after afternoon snack, so as long as I'm there by 4 he's fine. If I go past four, he sees other kids getting picked up that usually stay after him and gets cranky.

Sorry this wasn't entirely on topic

Last edited:
I know it’s scary to think that they can have it and pass it on while they’re asymptomatic. I was freaking out when this whole mess started because I work in a nursing home where there were positive residents and still ended up getting the corona virus no matter how careful I was :( I felt horrible when I found out and tried to distance myself from my kids as much as possible but thankfully my kids didn’t show any symptoms and they where all healthy ,but don’t get me wrong I’ve seen how it can affect kids and I still get paranoid when they start to look sick or even seem like it

I don't believe in all these already. they created a lot of problems because of simple virus...

Chris, I’m glad that you live somewhere where this virus isn’t killing or hurting people you know and love.

there are no perfect answers. All anybody can do is be cautious. I’m glad everyone who is sending their kids back to school is feeling confident about the safety precautions. And I hope everyone continues to stay in good health until science gets a handle on this.

Twinkie big hugs. My mom is having to isolate from my brother and myself/my son. It’s really messing with her emotionally. My other brother developed an eating disorder. It’s just so tough balancing that need to connect to family with the fear of the unknown

DD1 tested positive for covid -

I’m scared and anxious. In fact no I’m terrified.

I’ve kept them safe and away from people this whole time, until they went back to school last week. We do not mix with anyone else, it’s school and home . I’ve got to deal with the school . I don’t want my baby girls name going all around the school and people gossiping about her it’s just not fair

This is my worst fear.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this hope she feels better soon

I’m so sorry about your little girl , hope she recovers soon .praying for your family [-o&lt;<3

Thanks ladies . She’s up and down really. Very stressful time . I just didn’t expect it as if you read my posts you will see how careful we have been.

I’m just so upset and keep crying . I’ve got to pull her through this she’s my baby girl and I will protect her.

Last edited:
I hope she gets better soon. I know quite a few kids who have had it and pulled through it like they would through a severe cold. I hope your daughter will not have it it any worse. FX!

Thanks all.

Does anyone know if schools have to inform parents if there’s another confirmed case even though there year has been sent home?

School have told me to keep it confidential. I mean would you want your child’s name exposed? Or would you happily tell people ? .

I’m worried for all the kids in her class but I did everything right and probably have protected them more than I could my own child by keeping her off .

Last edited:
DD1 tested positive for covid -

I’m scared and anxious. In fact no I’m terrified.

I’ve kept them safe and away from people this whole time, until they went back to school last week. We do not mix with anyone else, it’s school and home . I’ve got to deal with the school . I don’t want my baby girls name going all around the school and people gossiping about her it’s just not fair

This is my worst fear.

I hope your dd has a speedy recovery! My 2 both started school last week and since friday have had a fever and blocked nose. My mind is going crazy thinking what if its covid... please can you let me know what symptoms your dd had? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->