pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

I’m so happy to hear that @WinterBub all is looking so great!
@Nima hope he will turn very soon! How many weeks along are you?
Megan hope all is well and you’re enjoying your baby girl very much!

I’m 24 weeks now so reaching viability, but honestly still nervous about the contractions. I’m again having around 15 a day. I had to visit the ER again because of this, they said they don’t know why this is happening but to stay calm since the cervix hasn’t shortened, so just stay calm and go to the hospital again if the contractions start to be more intense. I can’t wait to be at least at 28 weeks to be able to relax a little bit. Other than that, my belly just got huge and the kicks are starting to be noticeable from the outside which is cool!

I’m so happy to hear that @WinterBub all is looking so great!
@Nima hope he will turn very soon! How many weeks along are you?
Megan hope all is well and you’re enjoying your baby girl very much!

I’m 24 weeks now so reaching viability, but honestly still nervous about the contractions. I’m again having around 15 a day. I had to visit the ER again because of this, they said they don’t know why this is happening but to stay calm since the cervix hasn’t shortened, so just stay calm and go to the hospital again if the contractions start to be more intense. I can’t wait to be at least at 28 weeks to be able to relax a little bit. Other than that, my belly just got huge and the kicks are starting to be noticeable from the outside which is cool!
I really hope the contractions stay away. I can imagine how stressful it can be.

I'm 32 weeks now, so he still hast time to turn head down, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Edited to remove a freak out #-o

I hope that your little guy will turn for you, Nima! Though I promise that a c/section isn't the end of the world if that is how it shakes down. You still have lots of time, though!

What does prenatal care look like for you, Elencor? Do you see an Obstetrician regularly along the way? Just wondering why they keep sending you to the ER. Here, the OB would try to see you in their office (and only send you to the ER if it is the weekend or they think it is a true emergency). Have they had you on a monitor and confirmed they're real contractions vs practice ones. The practice contractions can be quite intense and start quite early, and of course it would be so helpful if they could give you reassurance that the contractions aren't any sort of real labor. It seems like the ER can only check you out in that moment and then they send you home if nothing is obvious then and there :( Here's to hoping they calm down for you until at least 30w+.

Thinking of you, Megan! Hope all is going well.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well, and @elencor I hope your contractions can calm down and you can have an uneventful remainder of your pregnancy!

We have been soaking up every second of our sweet baby girl and things have been going so well! She’s 8lb 10oz, 3.5 weeks old, and is already in size 1 diapers and mostly out of newborn clothing! That’s mainly because she is LONG and her legs grew too long to comfortably fit most sleep-and-plays. I’ve really struggled with breastfeeding and I’ve had a little postpartum depression but that seems to be improving. She has a bit of a latch issue, partially because they introduced formula so quickly at the hospital and she has a strong preference for bottles. I’ve seen a lactation consultant and we are trying to work through our latch problems but it’s tough! She has a lip tie but it doesn’t seem to affect the latch, other than causing pain for me when she does choose to latch. So I’m currently pumping around the clock and supplementing with formula because she’s cluster feeding and is hungry ALL the time! I think we will be able to work through it though, and if not, it’s okay, I am doing my best to make sure she’s getting everything she needs.

Let me know how you all are doing! I know we are all busy but I still think about you guys! ❤️

Good to hear from you Megan! I feel like nothing prepares you for the first baby- it is all so different in reality, and it can be really overwhelming! I also feel like the pressure to breastfeed is over the top. I do think it is a beneficial thing, and there are reasons for mothers to be encouraged to do it, but I was a bit shocked at how my hospital was about it. At the end of the day: fed is best. If you can handle your current schedule, then keep at it. But if it is all consuming, and taking away from enjoying your baby- there is absolutely nothing wrong with formula. At one stage I was pumping, breastfeeding and using formula. It was awful. Once I stopped pumping, life was much more enjoyable. Washing all the parts and bottles on top of feeding is a lot. I could manage bf + formula without it being the only thing that I did all day. You will find what works for you, and just go with it. There is no shame in formula or combifeeding if that's what you need to do. :hugs:

I have had some pink discharge and mild cramping today (8+4) and am freaking out about it. This has been such a long journey, and I can't face a bad outcome. I have my next scan booked in for Friday, and just really hope the baby is still doing well and growing appropriately. I kind of think that this is it for me whatever happens- I don't want to go through another FET.

Thank you! That does make me feel better! At the end of the day, I’m just doing my best, I really thought breastfeeding would just come easy! And I know that must be scary, but I actually had light bleeding and cramping from weeks 5-6 and again at week 8. I immediately thought the worst and was so stressed. It turned out to be nothing (or the doctor couldn’t find any bleeding source at least). I hope it’s the same result for you! Bleeding and cramping are very common during the first trimester unfortunately, but it doesn’t make it any less stressful! Hugs to you and I hope you get some reassurance soon!
Good to hear from you Megan! I feel like nothing prepares you for the first baby- it is all so different in reality, and it can be really overwhelming! I also feel like the pressure to breastfeed is over the top. I do think it is a beneficial thing, and there are reasons for mothers to be encouraged to do it, but I was a bit shocked at how my hospital was about it. At the end of the day: fed is best. If you can handle your current schedule, then keep at it. But if it is all consuming, and taking away from enjoying your baby- there is absolutely nothing wrong with formula. At one stage I was pumping, breastfeeding and using formula. It was awful. Once I stopped pumping, life was much more enjoyable. Washing all the parts and bottles on top of feeding is a lot. I could manage bf + formula without it being the only thing that I did all day. You will find what works for you, and just go with it. There is no shame in formula or combifeeding if that's what you need to do. :hugs:

I have had some pink discharge and mild cramping today (8+4) and am freaking out about it. This has been such a long journey, and I can't face a bad outcome. I have my next scan booked in for Friday, and just really hope the baby is still doing well and growing appropriately. I kind of think that this is it for me whatever happens- I don't want to go through another FET.

Thank you for the reassurance! My gut feeling is that it is irritation, and separate from the baby. I'm kind of surprised that I didn't call today, but I figure there is nothing they can do, anyway- so may as well wait and see. I had the same again today, but very scant. I hate early pregnancy!

Breastfeeding is really hard. I was totally shocked by the first experience having been sold the picture of blissful motherhood that seems to appear on all the hospital hand outs! Whatever you do, your baby will be fine. It is also fine to change things along the way- if a routine isn't working, don't feel locked into it. Im sure y'all have got this :hugs:

@Megan0625 breastfeeding can be so difficult, I found those early weeks/months so difficult. You're doing great, your baby is loved and cared for :hugs:

@WinterBub hoping all is OK :)

@WinterBub I can really relate to hating these early weeks of pregnancy. I also had bleeding on and off in the early weeks and after going twice to the doctor I also decided they can't do anything anyways so I will just develop my trusting ability and wait and hope for the best. It is really nerve racking though.. I hope the bleeding stops altogether and you can start enjoying being pregnant.

@Megan0625 I also found breastfeeding hard in the beginning. I had engorged breasts and my daughter suffered from this too. I admire you for pumping, I never managed to do that, it is so time consuming and not rewarding... I trust that you do the best for your family, everyone included. Your wellbeing and your emotions matter too, breastfeeding is not the center of motherhood, even if it seems like it in the beginning. Hugs to you.

My baby is still undecided about its position but today it's head down so hopefully it stays that way :) I am learning yet another lesson in trusting him and my body...

Thank you! I do remember your bleeding episodes- and look at you now! ❤️ Apparently it is more common to have some spotting with IVF pregnancies. Who knows?! They couldn't find a reason for mine, so I don't know what happened. But seemingly there's nothing obvious to worry about. :shrug:

I'm glad that your little man turned head down for you! Here's to hoping that he stays that way. Hope that you're enjoying the last weeks before he arrives, and doing some nice nesting. I have only dared to buy two pairs of newborn pyjamas so far. I won't need lots of gear, but want some cute blankets, clothes, muslin cloths etc. I just will hold off until I get through some more of the screening tests.

How are you all doing? I hope the bleeding stopped @WinterBub .

37 weeks here, feeling it's getting closer. Baby is head down and I can officially give birth at home so that's great. I hope to have some more time with my girl though, before baby boy decides to make his appearance :)

37 weeks here, feeling it's getting closer. Baby is head down and I can officially give birth at home so that's great. I hope to have some more time with my girl though, before baby boy decides to make his appearance :)
Congratulations on reaching 37 weeks, that's such an exciting milestone! It's great to hear that you're able to have a home birth if you choose to do so. Wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy and for the upcoming birth of your baby!

Congratulations on reaching 37 weeks, that's such an exciting milestone! It's great to hear that you're able to have a home birth if you choose to do so. Wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy and for the upcoming birth of your baby!
Thank you so much!!

Hi Nima! Glad that baby flipped for you :) Did you have to do an ECV or anything? Or he just decided to turn? So exciting that he'll be here any day. I hope that everything runs smooth, and it's a joyous, easy birth. ❤️ Does your daughter understand what's about to happen? Are you set on the name choice?

How are you Elencor?

How's baby Clarke doing, Megan? How are you adjusting??

We've been through a bit of a drama over the past two/three weeks, but thankfully all now looks well. I had a scan at 11w, and they couldnt measure the neck (NT) accurately, but felt that it was big and they may have seen a cystic hygroma. So, I went through genetic counselling where they went over lots of horrible things that could be wrong with the baby. Thankfully since had a rescan that looked good, and extended genetic testing that also came back good (today!). So, either just a bad scan or something that was just random and self corrected. So glad all looks good now, but was a really upsetting experience overall. At least this has helped us decide that this is my last pregnancy. ❤️ I do kind of like knowing that, and am trying to enjoy it all from here on out as the closing of this chapter of my life.

Oh @WinterBub this sounds so stressful. I am so glad everything is fine though, and hope you can enjoy this pregnancy from now on. It must be a different feeling, having decided it's your last one.

I kind of encouraged baby to turn head down when I was with my daughter in a warm swimming pool. I directed his head down and made it easier for him to turn, and it worked! It might sound a bit irresponsible but it was really gentle.
My daughter is very aware of the coming change, sometimes I wish she understood a bit less. She seems a bit stressed but also excited.
She is pretty fixated on a name that she wants for the baby, but my wife scratched it off the list in the very beginning... we'll see.

It's actually quite nice to know this is the end ahead of time. I can't wait to feel movement and enjoy those nice aspects of pregnancy. The early weeks/months are hard in that you feel crappy and have so little to reassure you that all is well. This has been a bit of an ordeal, and I am happy with closing the chapter after this baby arrives ❤️

Do you think you'll have more after this little guy, Nima?

I don't think that's irresponsible! I've seen videos of ECV happening, and they're quite rough :shock: All the better if you could get the same result yourself and be very gentle with him. I'm sure your little girl will love him! Do you have a gift for her from the baby? ...and good luck with the name! Maybe her choice could be a middle?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->