Please DO NOT Post BFP Announcements In This Section

Is there any way we can have a vote on this rule?? :flower: I don't want to cause any probelms but I know there's been a lot of talk about this rule... Thanks ladies.

I dont understand this rule.....I look forward to seeing other peoples BFP as it gives you hope! theres nothing worse than reading about people who have tried something new and not finding out if it works!!! I agree with the above ladies x

The point of the rule is that, if you want to look for BFPs and positive stories, you can go to another area of the forum for that. While some of you are totally okay and look forward to seeing BFPs, there are people who find it more discouraging than anything else. In my opinion, there's no reason to make them see thread titles that say "BFP TODAY!!!!" if there is already a perfectly acceptable and decently well-trafficked subforum where those posts can be made.

I'm sorry but no the rule will not be reconsidered at this time. As with all decisions this was not one made lightly and was done for the good of the forum as a whole. It may not be a rule that is popular with everyone but it is there for the good of all. TTC is a trying and often frustrating time. Though you personally may be okay viewing BFP announcements many many others are not.

As always you can post your BFP news in your personal journal and any group threads you may be a part of

i was ttc for a LONG time.Some days i wanted to see bfps id go to another section dedicated for that but somedays i just would want to see how someone got there bfp in 1st month or oppsssy pregnant again! i could have actually killed these women:haha:

There is no point in having this rule because no one listens to it. I see at least 2 bfp announcements a day in the wrong section.

We move as many as we spot, but you could always report the ones we happen to miss x

I'm new to the forum and may have posted my BFP in the wrong place. Anyhow, I posted it in the right spot. So if it was deleted, that's fine.

I'm sorry but no the rule will not be reconsidered at this time. As with all decisions this was not one made lightly and was done for the good of the forum as a whole. It may not be a rule that is popular with everyone but it is there for the good of all. TTC is a trying and often frustrating time. Though you personally may be okay viewing BFP announcements many many others are not.

As always you can post your BFP news in your personal journal and any group threads you may be a part of

I have just flicked through this thread and am commonly on other threads, I can ful heartedly understand why women would not want to see BFP and this thread does say NO BFP to be added which should be respected, but..... I also have to addhow is it any different writing a BFP when you or anyone else have signatures that say I am ..... days pregnant and I am having a boy... is that not any less disrespectful than writing I got a BFP??? I actually felt happy that you were expecting but also sad at the same time it wasn't me. I personally would grieve in the thought why not me AGAIN but at the same time these same women that are getting BFP have probably all been in that same boat too but now wan't to share their glory with their so called Forum buddies... I'm on the fence here :shrug: Oh and the only reason it may seem I am writing on your comment isn't personal it states you were the admin :)

I don't agree. I like to see others getting bfps it means there's hope. I have pcos and I'm about to start clomid and was looking for some success stories and was depressed there weren't many - now I know why! I want to see that there's hope!

This thread isnt a do you agree. The whole point is people who have been struggling ttc like i was then someone gets bfp after a month it can really rub ur face in it.

There is a bfp announcement to let everyone know. Why do some people(the majority) find this a silly rule :wacko:

This thread isnt a do you agree. The whole point is people who have been struggling ttc like i was then someone gets bfp after a month it can really rub ur face in it.

There is a bfp announcement to let everyone know. Why do some people(the majority) find this a silly rule :wacko:

I can see both sides, however I have read this thread and feel I have to say something on behalf of those who are super lucky and get a BFP quickly. I was one of these ladies when we ttc'd back in 2009 and I felt quite alone, as a lot of long term ttc'ers didn't want to entertain anyone who was only ttc for a short time, so you didn't make many buddies till you went over to the 1st trimester, but often I didn't feel too confident posting in there in the early days. TTC is harder on some than others that is true, but we're all after the same thing. I think it unfair and harsh to label women who get a quick BFP as 'rubbing it in your faces', no one has control over how long ttc will take and I am sure women 'like me' have no intention of deliberately upsetting people.

However, rules are rules and it's the forum's decision to set them and we should try to follow them.

i didnt say they did. but i felt like it was rubbing my face in it. i think unless ur a lttc'er you wouldnt have a clue how someone felt.

Hello ladies I am just browsing though the different topics and found this one to be interesting.... I am ttc have been Since I got off implannon in January '12 in February I got my first BFP but then it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy... Since then I have been getting my AF every month my cycles range from 21days until May I was 3days late and so my cycle changed to 24days.. Now for the month of June I was supposed to start yesterday but I didn't start til today.. And it was dark brown discharge in the morning and now sort of pink but still fairly regular all I am wearing is a pad and when I wipe it is pink/brown (sorry if tmi) could I possibly be pregnant? I have been really tired during the day but can't sleep at night also I have a 2year old son who now wants nothing to do with me it breaks my heart!! I'm having slight cramps and really bad back pain... Is it possible that in just having a miscarriage or something I have no idea what's going on with my body please help!

I just joined up but I don't understand this rule.. I think if someone falls to pieces when someone else gets a positive then they will be horrified with the ups and downs of actually having a child. Where is the sister love at? People should shout their bfps from the sky in a ttc forum. :hugs:

I think what they are saying is you cant start a new thread with a BFP announcement- but if you are already a part of a ttc thread, (which some people have been for months- years!), you can tell the people within that thread that you got your BFP- If you want to announce it to everyone, do it in the announcements section! Seems simple and straightforward to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->