October/November Conkers 2021***

Amazing news! Massive congratulations lovely! One beautiful boy! Hope your both doing ok x

Well just had an attempted sweep. Cervix wasn’t open, but was super low. She said it was super soft and did I want her to push a finger through. So she did. She said if I wanted 2 it was going to hurt. I just left that, I can wait for the pain until it’s time lol!!

Anyways her finger dilated me to a 1, and cervix is very soft so favourable for when labour starts. And baby’s head is very low. But likely won’t happen this week! She said she’ll do another next week. I’m not super disappointed or anything at this point, I do have a lot of things to do before baby comes, it’d be chaotic to have baby today or tomorrow.

@Reiko_ctu well that’s not all bad! At least you would think when she does decide to come things are already happening! Hopefully you can get done what you need to then baby will arrive! Not long now and you know that you can have another next week!

@topazicatzbet hope you and your new little guy are doing ok

Just wondering if anyone prepares a music playlist for labour?
Ha I never ever have before but I did this time to try and keep my mind off of labour just for the first bit before I go to the hospital. It’s only like 30 mins.

Awwww @topazicatzbet he is adorable. Congratulations hon.

@Reiko_ctu
Hope u don't have much longer hon. Glad cervix is favorable and u never know things cud start at any moment..

Not long now for you other ladies either. October has flown I can't believe we're almost in November and then Xmas will be hear b4 we know it.

Sorry I've not been around much. Harley has colic and of coarse it's at its worse at night. Only just managed to settle him and its 1:30am. He's due another feed at 2 to 3am then hopefully he will settle after that feed so I can get some sleep. Up early tomorrow because the health visitor wants to come over.

Hope this colic passes quickly I'm so exhausted and was so hoping he wasn't going to get it. Tommy had it bad from 3 weeks and I really thought we had gotten away with it this time but nope :-(

Spoke to soon he's awake and fussing again.
I hate colic ](*,)

@Mummy2Corban
That's the thing I think even If i do get blessed again I will still not feel done. I will probably still feel sad. Its so hard to let go of that chapter.

@Suggerhoney we understand hun, those first few weeks with a newborn are not very easy. Hoping colic settles soon and you both get some much needed rest.

Totally lost my chill mantra today. I was very determined to not labour sign spot (will still try not to) but I couldn’t help laugh at myself today.

woke up this morning and spent the whole day feeling restless. I just wanted to be active and doing something and couldn’t rest. This I remember happening with both the girls 2-3 days before they were born.
So naturally I spent the whole day wondering if this means I’m about to go into labour

I didn’t take much as I also planned to escape quickly but we are only maximum 20 minutes from the hospital so thought DH could always bring more stuff if needed. Packed similar to @topazicatzbet

when I went into labour and we called the hospital DH said he would get all the bits together and put them in the car. I assumed he had everything. Once baby arrived he was like I never picked up the car seat! Hahaha!!!! Important part of getting baby home and that! Men!

hahaha I remember with our first, I asked hubs to bring the baby carrier in so we can take her home …. He only brought the blinking Moses basket in instead of the car seat hahahah silly beggar, he had to go home again to get the seat.

Zachary Jay born at 12.58. 7lb 13.

So in love.

View attachment 1103032
Oh my days beautiful well done mumma.

ok so little update from me. Had my 36week growth scan… during scan confirmed baby head down, weighing about 5lb something, nice heartbeat ..thought sounds all good. So went in to see consultant to see if I can be moved back to MLU but seems little madam weight gain has decreased a great deal compared to scan at 28 week. She was just above 50th centile but now the measurement close to 10th centile. I’m hoping it was just a miss read measurement, but I’ve got to go for 1 more scan at 38 weeks and go from there.

@ciz sorry about Bub growth. My one did similar dropped from 50th to 20th, but he’s been steady on that 18-20th for last few scans. It’s so much better giving birth with midwifes than consultant led. Hopefully you get to go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->