October/November Conkers 2021***

@daniyaaq Such a cool photo! He must be comfy on that side

@Reiko_ctu Sorry you've had such a bad week. When it rains it pours. You could definitely do with a bit if good luck

@ciz Delighted you can go back to mlu

Packed my hospital bag yesterday and took car seat, cot etc down from the attic. Everything washed and dried just need to assemble everything today. Starting to get very real seeing it all. Do you think its too early to attach the cot to my bed?
I’m waiting a few more days to attach the crib because I’m worried my other kids will try and climb in or the cat will get comfy In there lol.

@Mummy2Corban good news about some weight gain! Getting a kind midwife can really make all the difference in your outlook too.

@Reiko_ctu specially when your hormones are all over the place. She made a comment to another midwife about me crying! I’m worried…. Is that ok!!!

oh I’m so excited for all you ladies!!!!

Well his bed is up so I guess we are ready. Just the other kids to pack for their stay at my parents.

Ds3 is not a happy bunny today though. He is complaining of ear ache and very miserable between pain killer doses. I rang 111 this morning and still waiting for a call back from doctor.

@topazicatzbet its starting to get real!!! So exciting!!! Cannot wait to see pictures of him. My stinkersall had an awful cough cold and they all got a horrible ear ache. My DD2 used to get perforated ear drums and that used to make her absolutely miserable until it burst then it wouldn’t be as bad. Hopefully little man is ok

@topazicatzbet its starting to get real!!! So exciting!!! Cannot wait to see pictures of him. My stinkersall had an awful cough cold and they all got a horrible ear ache. My DD2 used to get perforated ear drums and that used to make her absolutely miserable until it burst then it wouldn’t be as bad. Hopefully little man is ok

The doctor finally rang back and she said it's most likely just viral and to just keep going with the pain relief. He does seem to be in less pain since I got a saline spray for his nose. He is just super emotional. We all had a rubbish night's sleep last night so I guess I'm already used to absolutely no sleep.

@daniyaaq goodness hon that does look very uncomfortable. Weird how bump shape changes with how they are layed.

@Mummy2Corban
So sorry the other midwife was not as nice.
It's not our fault if they lose.
I wonder if it may be a common thing for bigger babies.
My biggest 8lb 15oz dropped to 8lb 4oz in the space of about 4 days.

But then Harley was my 2nd smallest 7lb 3oz and dropped to 6lb 5oz so he lost almost a whole lb. There was a few midwifes at the hospital that made me feel like I wasn't doing good enough.
They wud keep Asking are you definitely feeding him every 3 hours even during the night etc.
I felt like I was doing everything I cud but it just wasn't good enough.

It's not a nice feeling.
Ure doing fab hon and its great he is gaining.
I think Harley is about 9lb dead on now or maybe a tad less.
I can't believe he is 6 weeks old either. It's going so so fast.

Ladies hospital bag … what you packing? My mind is blank as to what I took for my other 2 haha

Ladies hospital bag … what you packing? My mind is blank as to what I took for my other 2 haha

I ve packed
Baby bag
[v] Nappies
[v] Nappy sacks
[v] Wipes
[v] Vests various sizes
[v] Baby grows
[v] Going home outfit
[v] Hat

Car seat

Hospital bag

[v] Nighty
[v] Pjs
[v] Knickers
[v] Maternity pads
[v] Breast pads
[v] Hair brush and bobbles
[v] Wash bag
[v] Toothpaste
[v] Flip flops
[ ] Phone charger
[v] White bin liner
[v] Deoderant
[v] Pain killers
[ ] Lucozade x 2
[ ] Pringles x2
[ ] T shirt adam
[ ] Snacks

Reactions: ciz
Clothes for me, clothes for baby, snacks, travel toothbrush and shampoo/body wash because my hospital doesn’t have that. Hospital has all my postpartum needs and diapers wipes for baby. I need a blanket for the car seat coming home that I forgot to put in there. We'll throw a phone charger in on the way out of the house probably but we don’t have an extra to pack ahead of time. Nothing for my DH apart from a chocolate bar. We only live 10 mins away from the hospital and aren’t planning on staying long!!

I didn’t take much as I also planned to escape quickly but we are only maximum 20 minutes from the hospital so thought DH could always bring more stuff if needed. Packed similar to @topazicatzbet

when I went into labour and we called the hospital DH said he would get all the bits together and put them in the car. I assumed he had everything. Once baby arrived he was like I never picked up the car seat! Hahaha!!!! Important part of getting baby home and that! Men!

I'm feeling so down atm, I said raiden was our last but I really would love another one, I just can't come to terms with it, I'm hoping hubby will change his mind x

I'm feeling so down atm, I said raiden was our last but I really would love another one, I just can't come to terms with it, I'm hoping hubby will change his mind x

Hugs. I think its only natural and I expect I will go through the same. Especially since I never got my girl. Its hard to close that part of your life.

@playgirl666 oh lovely! Sending you big hugs. I feel so very similar. I will always be gutted that I’ll never be pregnant again and have a baby but I know that I really can’t do it again. So I’ve just got to come to terms with it…. It’s not going to be easy. So I get you!

@playgirl666
I felt the exact same and yesterday while we was food shopping I saw a pregnant lady and I felt a pang of envy. So strange considering I have my Beutiful baby boy but it made me think she still has all the excitement to come. I miss my bump alot and feeling baby' but at the same time Im so happy he is here and feel so blessed.
My DH wasn't fully on board with having any more.
But it was when I told him how I felt he agreed to have 1 more.
But even tho I have been blessed so much I worry because I'm older that when we start trying it just won't happen ever again.
Then I feel selfish feeling that way because I've been so blessed already. But the thought of never ever having a bump again and never having another newborn really makes me feel very low.

It’s hard isn’t it ladies. Like @topazicatzbet said your closing a door on a chapter. I would have another but I wonder if it would ever stop! I’m not sure I’ll ever want to stop. Plus DH will never be able to retire at this rate. As much as my heart hurts I’ve got to get my head around Hudson being my last but also not thinking about it to much and not just enjoying him. Big hugs to all you ladies.

hows everyone feeling?

@topazicatzbet one more sleep!!!!!!!! Can you believe it’s here! Baby boy will soon be safe in your arms! I really hope you get called down as early as possible and everything goes smoothly! Goodluck lovely! Can’t wait for your update!!!!

Oh he melts my heart! Beautiful boy! He is a bit snuffly today so has been unsettled and attached to my boob!

Hello ladies

hope your all doing ok

@topazicatzbet Good luck and hope all goes well :)

@Mummy2Corban he is so cute

AFM - 34 weeks today, ribs and bladder are painful on and off depending how he is sitting, packed most my hospital bag and my daughter bag for when she stays at nanny’s and washed majority of the baby clothes, going to get the pram and last few pieces this week hopefully all going well and then it just be a countdown, got midwife this week and my DD and my dads birthday this week too, so got a few things to keep me busy this week plus work.

still feels like forever to go but at the same time feels like it’s not long lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->