October/November Conkers 2021***

How exciting. Fingers crossed they don’t have emergencies. Be so good to have baby by 9am

Yeah. All 3 of the others were tea time babies and I ended up getting to the ward late. Would be nice to have some time together before the night. Plus I ve always been starving as no food til breakfast.

@ciz so yes I got them from my first pregnancy and they pop there ugly head out from time to time. This time round the last two weeks was absolute hell…. I’ve never suffered with them to the point I couldn’t actually sit down! I think mine was because he was such a chunky monkey the pressure was to much! It’s only bothering my slightly now so I’m thinking when he engaged it was all to much. I used suppositories, cream and specially wipes but to be honest they didn’t do much… for me delivery is the only thing that relieved it. I’d defo ask your midwife as I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to get something a bit more efficient. Sorry your suffering lovely x

@ciz I have them too so I feel your pain. There's not much you can do until baby gets here but I would recommend cream and suppositories. Just be careful though because most of them contain hydrocortisone which isn't recommended in pregnancy so definitely have a chat with your gp.

thanks ladies for input. Saw midwife but unfortunately it is what it is being at this stage of pregnancy, she did mention to ask dr for cream but I don’t think would make a massive difference. Baby is very low so that’s where all the pressure is coming from. I have had some light bleeding from the big one tonight which seems to shrunk it. Just stings now haha… can’t win.
Anyway little update from me midwife thinks there’s no reason why I can’t be moved back to mlu rather than consultant. My bp and urine protein have been normal so preeclampsia risk seems minimum. I would like to try and start off labour in more relaxed room compared to consultant led rooms but I have said my drug preferences are g+a and epidural so it’s noted. We shall see. Scan Monday to make sure missy is head down and all good then just waiting for the games to begin :)

@daniyaaq yay for full term -you did it!! Keeping that little one in for this long was no easy feat! All you’ve been through and you can see the finish line now xx

@topazicatzbet really hope there’s no one to bump you and you get the early slot. Having the initial recovery be during the day will be nicer than evening/nighttime I think. Can’t wait to hear your news! Are you so excited to see what he looks like!?

3 sleeps till my sweep, it’ll be around 10:30am. My midwife this week didn’t say anything about it so I’m hoping whoever I have for my appointment will offer it. Oh I’m gbs negative too which is great. My BH are more frequent, blood sugars are lowering, and nausea is getting even worse if that’s even possible. But guessing those are all signs of nearing labour in the next few weeks. Unfortunately we’ve had a s*** week after thanksgiving this week… my dad went to get results of a CT scan which showed his cancer has returned and spread (he was in remission last year) and then my sister flipped out when they told her (nicu mama and new mama hormones) and that stress caused my mom to have some issues with her heart and she’s in the hospital now. Good Lord its been a week. I’m due for some good news so this babu better come smoothly and she better be perfect in every way or I’m going to seriously consider what it wrong with our lives to bring all these bad things on us!! Ugh anyways. Thinking the sweep may get things started but who knows.

@Reiko_ctu so sorry about all that your family is going through. Can’t be easy dealing with it all at once.

I really hope all those things you mentioned are signs of labour because yes, my contractions are more intense lately and frequently, more painful back pain too, nausea is getting worse, OB solution was to up my dose of ondansetron, while it helps I find the come down harder.

As much as I wanted to say this pregnancy is same as last it’s really not. With my other babies I definitely was not this sick at the end which made doing labour prep easy, now I just struggle to walk, use the birthing ball, everytime DP goes to touch me contractions start. Trying to have sex mid contractions is not fun, if you ever wondered.

I’ve resigned to just laying in bed I’m worried I won’t have the strength and energy for labour

Fair play to you ladies having the energy for sex. I wish I could but my drive has totally done one now :(

@Reiko_ctu wow what a week you’ve had lovely. I hope everything from now on goes ok.

@daniyaaq aww no sorry to hear they are getting stronger. Do you think you’ll go early?

Fair play to you ladies having the energy for sex. I wish I could but my drive has totally done one now :(

@Reiko_ctu wow what a week you’ve had lovely. I hope everything from now on goes ok.

@daniyaaq aww no sorry to hear they are getting stronger. Do you think you’ll go early?
I honestly can’t tell if I’ll go early or not but I also can’t imagine making it to 40, never have before.

Yeah @daniyaaq sounds like things are definitely getting ready.
It's so rubbish u have been so sick. At least the end is close now.
I was throwing up all through labour and that was horrible.
Wasn't actually sick throughout the whole pregnancy and then i was constantly throwing up all through labour.

Yay for full term.

@Reiko_ctu so sorry ure family are going through so much.

Harley is all registered now.
His full name is Harley-Oliver William Arnold.
Can't believe he will be 6 weeks old on Sunday it's going so fast.
20211015_214340.jpg

Not your typical bump photo but this is what this boy is doing to me. My back hurts so much on the left side with each contractions

3A5B57EA-41C8-46FE-A3DB-450004266E47.jpeg

Also @daniyaaq i kind of agree with just resting. At this point baby will come whenever they come and putting energy into trying to induce labour or even more nesting than necessary… it’s just a waste at this point XD. Was going to finish organizing and tidying my bedroom this afternoon and just had a nap instead.

@Reiko_ctu so sorry about your mum and dad. I hope they can give your dad treatment.

I found out my dad had prostate cancer while in recovery from my last c section. Thankfully he was able to have surgery and has been clear since

@daniyaaq love the bump pic. He is obviously comfy on that side.

@ciz sorry about the pile but great that you can go to the MLU.

@topazicatzbet I have all crossed you do get your early time slot! Be so much better if you can have the whole day with DH and baby. Do you know how long you’ll stay in hospital for? I can’t believe your so close! I’m so excited for you! Have you any plans this weekend?

@ciz I’m sorry about the piles. That was one of the most uncomfortable parts of the last few weeks! I thought they would be worse after delivery but they actually got better! Still a little itchy but I’m not in pain with them like I was. Hopefully you get to use the midwife unit. I’ve used ours for 3 of my deliveries and I’ve always enjoyed the more relaxed atmosphere. I had Hudson on delivery and it was a bit more medical but I had the most amazing midwife so I can’t fault that.

@playgirl666 so pleased baby boy has gained weight! He is a sweetheart.

@Suggerhoney yes for getting little man registered! All official! Love the picture… as if his 6 weeks!

@daniyaaq i really struggled with energy levels too. Daily I would do the bits that I needed to do but i defo made sure I was chilling on the sofa as much as I could. After sleepless nights I think it’s important that you rest. You do what you need to do lovely! Happy full term!!!! Yay to that lovely! You did! Your at the finish line finally. Come on baby boy. Baby defo likes hanging out on one side!!!! My bump looked like that once my waters went!

@Reiko_ctu oh no! So much going on for you again. I’m sorry to hear about your dad and your mum. After your pregnancy and all that’s been going on baby girl is just going to be perfect and labour will hopefully be nice and straight forward. Your sweep will kick in and all will be ok! It’s nearly time to meet your beautiful girl!

How’s everyone else doing?

so for us we had another midwife appointment and Hudson has gained weight! He is back up to 9lb 7oz. The midwife I saw was so lovely. The first one just made me feel awful and upset but this one was like all his weight loss has been in the normal boundaries and that she’s seen a lot of big babies just recently and they struggled a little with weight so not to worry. I wish I had seen Her in the first place rather than the other one who made me feel like I was failing (I’m really good at doubting myself)

Hudson is doing great though! Feeding has defo improved and now I’m less stressed I feel his latch is much better and my milk has settled in. Just enjoying loving on my baby boy.

@daniyaaq Such a cool photo! He must be comfy on that side

@Reiko_ctu Sorry you've had such a bad week. When it rains it pours. You could definitely do with a bit if good luck

@ciz Delighted you can go back to mlu

Packed my hospital bag yesterday and took car seat, cot etc down from the attic. Everything washed and dried just need to assemble everything today. Starting to get very real seeing it all. Do you think its too early to attach the cot to my bed?

@Mummy2Corban I'm hoping to stay for just the 24hrs like i did last time. I'd much rather be home. Plans for the weekend are today cleaning the house and putting up the next to me crib and tom we are gonna do a big food shop then dh has work 3-8.30 so I will sort out the kids things and get them to my parents where they are staying til I get home from hospital.

Fantastic that Hudson is gaining weight

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"