July/August 2023

I've been brushing up on my hypnobirthing, I did a virtual refresher course a couple of weeks ago so I've been practicing getting in the zone with my music.
If say mine was a few bullet points with my preferences and wants regarding pain relief, synto, vik k etc
Oh and a key one is I'm absolutely happy to have a student midwife deliver me but no to student doctors unless they have bothered to spend time with me in labour.
(Many times when I was a student midwife I'd spend literal hours getting to know a woman and her birthing partner, I'd know how they met, what they did, where they last went on a date only for a med student to try and swoop in and 'steal' the birth when they didn't know shit about the woman)

I have finally written up my birth plan. I had it written up, I just needed to type it up and format it. Is there anything I’ve missed?

I have hidden personal information.

Our growth scan went well today, baby is weighing an estimated 5lb 2oz. Consultant more than happy to support a VBAC, breech or not. We have a ‘just in case’ caesarean date booked but I can cancel this if needed.

They won’t be inducing or attempting an ECV (which I expected), they want me to go into spontaneous labour; which I am more than happy with.

Attachments

• A5CD206E-B946-438A-B1ED-9CEF12D997CD.jpeg
    A5CD206E-B946-438A-B1ED-9CEF12D997CD.jpeg
    529 KB · Views: 14
  • 7451E7AF-4661-48B3-8FE3-2F6E0B4A8D04.jpeg
    7451E7AF-4661-48B3-8FE3-2F6E0B4A8D04.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 9DE892A5-DEDF-4EEF-851E-FCC10B07BA01.jpeg
    9DE892A5-DEDF-4EEF-851E-FCC10B07BA01.jpeg
    440.9 KB · Views: 14
@Jess0685 sounds like a good birth plan hun. I’m taking some lavender oil to put on my wrists thats about my birth plan lol but would love to do the delay cord clamping makes sense to me we’re so rushed these days.

Bub had turned around on his own when I went in for ECV yesterday which is awesome. Got sick during the scan from laying on my back and feeling weird still today just exhausted body and dizzy probably nothing to worry about. Had period pains and nausea this morning and thought today was the day but only lasted an hour. I’m a bit worried about blood sugars as I haven’t been eating too well. Will get my fasting bloods done on Monday to see what’s up.
Not too long ladies. I’m just wanting to sleep and eat all day!

Went in again yesterday for reduced movements. Luckily monitoring was fine and he's since perked up. They said as it's my second episode if it happens again they will scan me.

Also had a sage through for antenatal clinic to discuss a potential induction. Not set in stone yet but I'm glad to have an appointment scheduled as my hips are deteriorating

Went in again yesterday for reduced movements. Luckily monitoring was fine and he's since perked up. They said as it's my second episode if it happens again they will scan me.

Also had a sage through for antenatal clinic to discuss a potential induction. Not set in stone yet but I'm glad to have an appointment scheduled as my hips are deteriorating
Ouchie last few weeks are painful enough with out that. Hopefully only two weeks away for you babe xxxx

@Jess0685 sounds like a good birth plan hun. I’m taking some lavender oil to put on my wrists thats about my birth plan lol but would love to do the delay cord clamping makes sense to me we’re so rushed these days.

Bub had turned around on his own when I went in for ECV yesterday which is awesome. Got sick during the scan from laying on my back and feeling weird still today just exhausted body and dizzy probably nothing to worry about. Had period pains and nausea this morning and thought today was the day but only lasted an hour. I’m a bit worried about blood sugars as I haven’t been eating too well. Will get my fasting bloods done on Monday to see what’s up.
Not too long ladies. I’m just wanting to sleep and eat all day!

My last baby did the exact same! :haha: I was in the middle of our weekly shop at Asda whilst the kids were at school and bam, felt like an electric shock going off for ages. Later that day at the hospital they confirmed he was head down.

@MumwithPCOS that's great news baba has moved round on his own, not long left for you now xx

@MrsLux atleast they are thinking of induction for you, glad all was well when on monitor these babies like to scare us that's for sure xx

@Jess0685 sounds like a really good birth plan hopefully goes to plan for you xx

Afm nothing new to report here still spotting brown here and there but that's it, 4 weeks at max to go now the end is so close and I'm no where near ready lol I have so much to do its a joke lol xx

I’m glad things have eased for you @tdog.

Has anyone else noticed a big increase of Braxton hicks? I don’t remember them this regular or intense with any of my other pregnancies. I get the feeling this baby will be coming early.

Has anyone else noticed a big increase of Brixton hicks? I don’t remember them this regular or intense with any of my other pregnancies. I get the feeling this baby will be coming early.

Yes I get a lot of braxton hicks sometimes stop me in my tracks I had braxton hicks early with Heidi aswell but had to be induced then quinn my last baby they didn't start until I was 30 weeks which I thought was odd but then had him at 35+2 :shrug: xx

Anyone else have really bad lightening crotch today has been the worse it's almost like he is literally in my v xx

Yes I get a lot of braxton hicks sometimes stop me in my tracks I had braxton hicks early with Heidi aswell but had to be induced then quinn my last baby they didn't start until I was 30 weeks which I thought was odd but then had him at 35+2 :shrug: xx

Anyone else have really bad lightening crotch today has been the worse it's almost like he is literally in my v xx
Haha yes lots of lightening crotch lately. Although none today and no braxton hicks and I’m like hey baby what you doing you supposed to be practicing!

I don't get much lightning crotch but then he isn't engaged yet so that might be why?
Lost track of who else is in the UK but I hope those who are are ok in the heat! We are NOT cut out for 31°!!!!!

Update on the “Braxton hicks” I spoke about last night. :haha:

Yesterday night was night 3 (or 4) of regular contractions. ](*,) I’m not sure if this is prodromal Labour again or my body working up to the real thing.

I changed position 3 times but they were coming every 2 minutes approximately and lasting 45 seconds on average. I gave my husband my phone and told him when to press the button because some of them were really intense.

I ended up having 21 contractions within the hour - when I eventually started timing them and then they just stopped. This was at nearly 3am.

At minimum we need baby to stay put for another three weeks (absolute bare minimum) but given this is the third or fourth night on-the-trot this has happened I can’t shake the feeling that something is brewing.

I’ve never had a premature baby, but I did have 13 hours worth of regular contractions at 37 weeks and 3 minutes apart with my last baby - and we still went past our due date. So basically, who knows. :-=

Attachments

• IMG_3825.png
    IMG_3825.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
I don't get much lightning crotch but then he isn't engaged yet so that might be why?
Lost track of who else is in the UK but I hope those who are are ok in the heat! We are NOT cut out for 31°!!!!!

Feel for you ladies in the heat in UK. I’m in Aus in winter xxxx

Update on the “Braxton hicks” I spoke about last night. :haha:

Yesterday night was night 3 (or 4) of regular contractions. ](*,) I’m not sure if this is prodromal Labour again or my body working up to the real thing.

I changed position 3 times but they were coming every 2 minutes approximately and lasting 45 seconds on average. I gave my husband my phone and told him when to press the button because some of them were really intense.

I ended up having 21 contractions within the hour - when I eventually started timing them and then they just stopped. This was at nearly 3am.

At minimum we need baby to stay put for another three weeks (absolute bare minimum) but given this is the third or fourth night on-the-trot this has happened I can’t shake the feeling that something is brewing.

I’ve never had a premature baby, but I did have 13 hours worth of regular contractions at 37 weeks and 3 minutes apart with my last baby - and we still went past our due date. So basically, who knows. :-=

wow that’s full on. I don’t know about you being that early but when I get some good contraction and think ‘this is it’ and then it’s
Not it…. It makes me really impatient and emotional I’m wanting it to happen every day lol. The unknown is torture hey!!!! If only we knew exactly when it would happen

Hi ladies silly question I suppose for a third time mum… but loosely interested in the golden hour or 3 golden hours with Bub straight after birth and was thinking …. When do you shower before or after first breast feed. Was thinking hav skin to skin with Bub on my chest and when get the all clear let hubby hold Bub while I have a quick shower so can go to bed and do the breast feeding for the hour or however long bub wants.

just curious what everyone else did. With my first he latched straight away and only did 5 mins or something and then had a shower and I had such troubles with breast feeding him. With 2nd I can’t remember but didn’t have any troubles.

How is everyone doing? Mental Health check in....I know these last few weeks can go on for years!

I'll probably just go with the flow of what feels right at the time? I seem to remember one of mine latching quite quickly after birth.

Hi ladies silly question I suppose for a third time mum… but loosely interested in the golden hour or 3 golden hours with Bub straight after birth and was thinking …. When do you shower before or after first breast feed. Was thinking hav skin to skin with Bub on my chest and when get the all clear let hubby hold Bub while I have a quick shower so can go to bed and do the breast feeding for the hour or however long bub wants.

just curious what everyone else did. With my first he latched straight away and only did 5 mins or something and then had a shower and I had such troubles with breast feeding him. With 2nd I can’t remember but didn’t have any troubles.

Has anyone else noticed a big increase of Braxton hicks? I don’t remember them this regular or intense with any of my other pregnancies. I get the feeling this baby will be coming early.

Yes yes yes!
Loads, I actually thought the other day I was at the beginning of labour. For the first time I'm not wishing this one out. With my others I was desperate to go into labour as soon as was safe but this time I want him to stay put until at least 38-39 weeks!
My luck he'll be here by the end of the week lol x

I fed before showering with 2nd. I didn't move for about 2 hrs after birth as I had to get stitched up and ate and fed and was just left to be.
Then daddy had all the snugs while I showered and sorted myself out. I suppose whatever works on the day?

How is everyone doing? Mental Health check in....I know these last few weeks can go on for years!

All okay here, other than the stress of moving I'm actually in a really good headspace. Although I can feel my hormones are ramping up as I'm very teary over absolutely nothing (actually that's not true, it's because I'm nearing the end of my last ever pregnancy and I am a bit sad).

How are you @MrsLux ? Hope everyone is doing well? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->