January/ February Snowflakes 2024

Congrats on a boy with no chromosomal abnormalities!

I got some amazing news today. Fetal chromosome abnormality testing all came back negative!
Baby is also a boy!!! I have 2 daughters so I am shocked and amazed!!

aww, congratulations on your little boy. I got mine after 4 girls and it was the biggest shock. Doesn’t it feel surreal to say your son. I couldn’t stop saying it, lol. And so happy for you that all genetic tests came back negative. Always such a relief. So happy for you

I also got my results Friday for the 12 week screening tests and all have come back as low risk which is a relief. Hoping this morning sickness is starting to fade now because it’s so hard in this heat. Keep wanting to drink loads but then it makes me feel like throwing up. Not fun. Can’t wait to get into the 2nd trimester. 11 weeks has felt so long being pushed back those 2 days. I have my next midwife appointment on the 12th July. This is suppose to be the 16 week check up but because of how they dated me by my lmp they have me too far ahead as I’ll only be 14 weeks. I’m leaving it to them to see if they change it or not.

11w2d bump. I would love to see all of yours. I feel like I am showing faster this time. But it has been 10 years, so maybe I just forgot. ;)PXL_20230627_165330969.jpg

Lovely bumps ladies. I’m at a stage where I’m not sure if I have a bump or just look like I’ve piled on some weight. My sister commented that I looked different. Will try get a bump pic at some point. Excited to get to Sunday and move into the 2nd trimester. Feels surreal to be here still. I just couldn’t imagine this happening especially after the mmc. Morning sickness is still lingering which is annoying. Was hoping it would have faded away by now. I think I had it until 14 weeks with dd4 so hopefully shouldn’t have more than another week of it. I just want to be able to enjoy a meal and not feel like I’m gonna see it in reverse, lol. Really can’t complain tho this time because at least I have managed to eat throughout, even tho it’s made me feel awful after, and haven’t needed any anti-sickness meds. I would have been scared to take them again after losing my last baby because it’s had not to think they could have caused it as I started them a lot earlier then what I did with Ollie. I know it’s probably unlikely but no way was I taking that risk. With Ollie and the mmc I couldn’t even keep water down so I’ve got off lightly this time around. Wondered if it was because I haven’t long been through the first trimester.
Can’t wait to start feeling those first little flutters. I don’t know when this is gonna start feeling real for me because at the moment it stills doesn’t. I think that’s when it will start kicking in. When I actually start feeling him/her. I can’t remember if it was 14 or 16 weeks I first felt my last two. Will have to look back through my group with Ollie and find out. Not too much longer hopefully

@Laurabub84 aw morning sickness is no fun, hopefully it ease up for you soon. Think with my last one I felt something I thought was flutters at 14 weeks but midwife was skeptical.

Finally got my first call from the local midwife group. I emailed them earlier this week as I was getting worried it was taking so long, they told me they were working out their budget for Feb due dates still and weren't sure how many spots they had yet.

At least they confirmed just now I have a spot but need to call me back tomorrow to book the date/time for my first appointment as the internet is down there. I'm so relieved, I was worried I'd have to go with an OB this time since it was taking so long.

@Teanna glad they finally got in touch with you. We usually have our booking in appointment here around 8 weeks. Mine was earlier as they always date me by lmp, but I didn’t ovulate until cd22/23 so they alway have me a week or two ahead of where I know I am. My early scan had me bang on where I thought I was at 7 weeks. So hopefully you’ll get your first appointment through soon. My next appointment should be at 16 weeks but because she booked it before my scan I’m only going to be 14 weeks. I did think about calling and checking if they needed to change it but I’ll leave that to them their end if they want to do that.

I just had a read back through my due date group with my son and i felt my first little kicks with him at 16+2 weeks so still a few weeks to look forward to that.

It’s just so strange that it hasn’t sunk in yet that I’m actually pregnant. I thought the scan might have changed that but it hasn’t. I don’t know if I’m still too scared to let myself believe all with be ok this time. I have the morning sickness but even that I’ve just got used to feeling it and keep forgetting I’m actually feeling it for a reason. It’s so strange. I’m desperate to feel that connection with baby. I do think once I start feeling those movements it will really hit home. I’m using my Doppler once a week as a way of pinching myself that I’m not dreaming and there’s really a baby in there, lol.

I'm in Ontario, Canada. The last midwife office booked my first appointment for 10 weeks but they had called to confirm the date when I was around 5 weeks. I'm not expecting to get in before 10 weeks again, I moved and it's a new midwife clinic but I assume Ontario follows the same guidelines everywhere.

I was just concerned I hadn't heard anything yet and I'm 8 weeks tomorrow but glad to know I got in. Midwife spots are not guaranteed and getting to be a popular choice here over OBs.

This is my 14 week bump. Because of my diastasis recti (very obvious in the front on pic) I always look pregnant. I don't feel like it's actually a bump yet different from pre pregnancy. Though when I'm not sucking in the bloat (as I was here) I feel enormous.

Attachments

• IMG_20230626_160627129.jpg
    IMG_20230626_160627129.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20230626_160632703.jpg
    IMG_20230626_160632703.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
Looking fab ladies :) I'm a plus size girl so my belly doesn't look any different yet lol

@Laurabub84 sorry you're still suffering with morning sickness. I hope it stops soon for you. I can't wait to feel movements. I'm so anxious right now I'm using my doppler most days.

@Teanna glad you got in contact with your midwife finally. Hope they give you an appointment soon.

Hey ladies just following you guys hope you are all doing well. @NDH it's never been diagnosed for me but I'm sure I have some diastasis recti going on top as I also always look pregnant it's so frustrating cos people even ask me if I am a lot. Can't wait to actually be able to say 'yes! Yes I am!' lol. Can't wait to have a proper bump as I have a bit of an apron belly goin on and I'm hoping it will push it all out nice and smooth haha x

Reactions: NDH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->