January/ February Snowflakes 2024

When I had my first midwife appointment I told her how anxious I was so she arranged for me to have an early reassurance scan at the epu. I was booked in on a Monday, but the Friday before I had really bad cramping and I broke down because I was convinced the baby must have died with the pain I was in. I called the epu and they had me straight in and baby was measuring 7 weeks with a little heartbeat. It was such a relief to see but unfortunately it didn’t reassure me as the baby i lost passed away at 8+3 weeks so I was still terrified. It was hard to believe it wasn’t going to happen again. With that pregnancy tho, straight from my bfp I just had such a bad feeling something felt wrong. The day baby passed I woke that morning and it was like someone had turned my symptoms off with a switch. Everything was gone. Morning sickness just vanished and I just had such a bad feeling. I tried over and over to contact my midwife team but it constantly went to answer machine. I sent an email to them like it said in the message and I never received an answer. 3 days later I had my first midwife appointment and told her that my symptoms had gone and that my morning sickness never ends this early and that I just had a bad feeling something was wrong but she just brushed off my concerns and said my hormones were probably settling and that I was probably lucky it was stopping early. I tried over and over from 9 weeks to find a heartbeat with my Doppler and never could so by the time I had my 12 weeks scan i knew in my heart baby was gone. I said to dh in the waiting room I was absolutely dreading going into that scan. Was still devastating to have it confirmed and when she said baby measured 8+3, the exact day my symptoms stopped I was just so hurt that no one bothered to contact me back when I voiced my concerns and that the midwife I’d seen had brushed me off. When I first tried using my Doppler at 9 weeks this time I was so nervous and to have found baby’s heartbeat I burst into tears, I was so relieved. So to be able to still hear it is so reassuring. I’m slowly starting to believe I’m really having this baby and I’m starting to get a little excited now. More nervous still but the excitement is starting to hit now. I can’t wait for Wednesday. Baby was a tiny little blob with a heartbeat last time we see them so will be amazing to see an actual little baby.

I'm sorry you were ignored. That's awful :( I'm glad you're starting to get excited about this baby

Well today was a nightmare lol I got to my booking appointment and scan and my bladder was too empty to get accurate measurements but baby is fine, heartbeat and jumping around lol. They then realised I was diabetic and I should have had my appointment at the bigger hospital so I have to go there on Thurs and Friday. So lots of appointments this week lol

@salamander91 glad baby is doing great, though too bad you can't get measurements. Im still waiting to get my first midwife appointment. Chances are no scan until 11-13 weeks ish if it's like my last pregnancy. It feels like forever away. Good luck with your next appointment.

@salamander91 glad baby is doing great, though too bad you can't get measurements. Im still waiting to get my first midwife appointment. Chances are no scan until 11-13 weeks ish if it's like my last pregnancy. It feels like forever away. Good luck with your next appointment.

Thank you :) the wait for the first scan is so long! I ended up getting two private ones in that time I was so anxious.

Well today was a nightmare lol I got to my booking appointment and scan and my bladder was too empty to get accurate measurements but baby is fine, heartbeat and jumping around lol. They then realised I was diabetic and I should have had my appointment at the bigger hospital so I have to go there on Thurs and Friday. So lots of appointments this week lol

glad your scan showed a healthy little baby. Such a relief. I have mine in the morning and I’m so nervous

Went in for my scan this morning. Got myself so worked up about going in that I burst into tears seeing baby. Heart beating beautifully although they weren’t as active as I expected. To start with baby just laid there and after I mentioned about them being very still they flipped over, balanced upside down for a few seconds and laid the opposite way round. She said everything looks great although a small amount of baby’s stomach is on the outside still. She said it can be normal but that where she came from they would usually follow up with another scan a week or two later to check it’s all in place but that they don’t do that here, so I just have to hope that by my 20 week scan everything will be in the right place. I have that all booked for 25th August. We plan to find out the gender at that scan. I automatically assume girl as odds are it will be but I honestly don’t care either way so long as baby is completely healthy. Was great to finally be able to tell the children. It’s been so hard keeping it secret with this morning sickness. Speaking of which has actually gotten worse. I thought by week 10 it would start easing off but it’s been worse since turning 10 weeks. Hopefully only another week or two before it starts to let up. She put me back 2 days which sucks. I know it sounds ridiculous as it’s only 2 days but this morning I was close to 12 weeks and now I’m back closer to 11. It’s silly I know but I actually expected to be put forward a couple of days as that’s what usually happens. So my official due date is now 7th January and I’m 11+3 today. Can’t wait to move into the 2nd trimester and start to feel those little kicks. Feeling head over heels in love with this little one.
IMG_3927.jpeg

@Laurabub84 I'm so happy you had a good scan! I'm so sorry baby has a protruding bowel and I really hope it goes where it's supposed to by the anatomy scan. I know a couple of babies who have been born with gastroschisis and been just fine after surgery if it does come to that.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd pop in and see how you ladies are doing, @Laurabub84 where abouts are you from? I would have thought most places would follow up on that sooner! Glad baby looks healthy otherwise but still a worry for you although like NDH says I think it's a fairly 'easy' fix if it doesn't resolve :hugs:

Just thought I'd pop in and see how you ladies are doing, @Laurabub84 where abouts are you from? I would have thought most places would follow up on that sooner! Glad baby looks healthy otherwise but still a worry for you although like NDH says I think it's a fairly 'easy' fix if it doesn't resolve :hugs:

I’m in the uk. Yeah I do wish they had offered a follow up because now I have 9 weeks of worrying about it. I know it can be easily fixed but I don’t want my baby to have to go through surgery when they are born. It’s terrifying and it would also take away those precious first days with them because they’d have to take baby. Really hoping it’s not the case and by my next scan all will be normal

@Laurabub84 what a clear scan you have there hopefully at your next scan everything will be all OK xx oh and I think you may have a little boy there the nub looks like it rising :) xx

@Laurabub84 oh I agree it would be terrifying and in reality there would be nothing easy about it! Everything crossed for you that it resolves x

@Laurabub84 what a clear scan you have there hopefully at your next scan everything will be all OK xx oh and I think you may have a little boy there the nub looks like it rising :) xx

Do you think so? I never understand the nub thing and haven’t a clue what I’m looking for. I have tried comparing the skull with my son and two of my daughters 12 weeks scans but they all look the same to me #-o A little boy would be amazing so Ollies not completely out numbered by girls but I’m over the moon with either

Do you think so? I never understand the nub thing and haven’t a clue what I’m looking for. I have tried comparing the skull with my son and two of my daughters 12 weeks scans but they all look the same to me #-o A little boy would be amazing so Ollies not completely out numbered by girls but I’m over the moon with either

I do think so but I could be wrong as 11 weeks is still a little early, but your like me as long as baby is happy healthy nothing else matters, not going to lie I had gender disappointment with this one as thought was a girl but he healthy and I love him none the less xx

I do think so but I could be wrong as 11 weeks is still a little early, but your like me as long as baby is happy healthy nothing else matters, not going to lie I had gender disappointment with this one as thought was a girl but he healthy and I love him none the less xx

I remember when finding out dd4 was a girl I felt that disappointment but it didn’t last more than a day. I was sure at the time she was to be my last so it was hard knowing I’d never have a little boy. By the time I was pregnant with my son I’d made my peace with it and just had girl in my head so I was beyond shocked when they said boy. If he hadn’t have been I guess I would still have been more swayed for a boy but I’m not at all bothered this time. I’m excited to find out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->