Ear piercing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyDragon

Expecting my rainbow baby
Reaction score
When are you getting your baby's ear pierced?

When they can ask for it and make the decision about their own body themselves :)

Not until she is a teenager. And only if she asks for it.

Ready, steady..... GO! :wine:

He's a boy, so never :haha:

I got the midwife to do mine on the way out ;)

Hmm... Culturally, we pierce our babies ears within mere days.

My grandmom was about 80 at the time, and she pierced mine with a needle and thread. lol

Just curious what everyone does with their babies. :)

Never! (well not until she is old enough to discuss it and look after them herself)

When she asks, as long as she is older than 11. Personally I detest pierced ears on babies/young children, particularly babies who can have had absolutely no input in the decision.

And yes, it's probably double standards but the age 11 rule does not apply to DS! I dislike pierced ears on men (of any age) almost as much as I dislike pierced ears on babies.

Just my opinion!

ASAP and we are gonna make sure we go to Claire's to get it done, I've heard that they got the best rep :coffee: :haha:

ASAP and we are gonna make sure we go to Claire's to get it done, I've heard that they got the best rep :coffee: :haha:

:haha:

I hope it's a valid question and not just meant to stir things up. Anyway, I always say the same thing - I had my ears pierced when I was five or six (after begging my mom) and it was such a special experience that I want my daughter to experience that same sense of pride and feeling grown-up and pretty, if and when she chooses to do it.

I think 9 is my age limit, simply because that's when I got mine done. :shrug:

Each to their own regarding the babies but personally I would be too paranoid it would get infected etc.

I really hope this thread doesn't turn nasty as I can already see some sarcastic comments made come on ladies be fair :)
If I had a daughter I'd wait till she asked for her ears pierced :)

6 years seems like a good age, that's how old I was when I wanted to have it done(and my mum let me). As for my DS, he will have to wait until he can do it without parents permission as I'd rather he didn't.:haha:
Remember though babies often pull at their ears and like to fiddle with things they find so they might find it uncomfortable to have earrings in all the time.
xXxXx

Hmm... Culturally, we pierce our babies ears within mere days.

My grandmom was about 80 at the time, and she pierced mine with a needle and thread. lol

How can you end that with lol? Who thinks it's funny to stick a needle and thread through a baby's ear?

An honest answer to the op's question - when she is old enough to ask and understand. I imagine around 7 or 8? I don't know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back