Does anyone have one boy circumcised and one not?

FAB mama

Reaction score
I’m due with a boy soon and really dreading circumcision. I am in the US and it’s VERY common in my area as far as I’ve been told. My pediatrician agreed and he said his boys had it done. He does not perform the procedure. My first boy is circumcised basically due to that reason and I always regretted it, but my husband is very pro-circumcision. So my boys will be almost 8 years apart and I’d really like to know if it would upset either one of them to have one circumcised and one not. Does anyone have experience? I’m especially concerned how the older one will feel.

I’m sorry I don’t have experience with this to help you out, but I just wanted to say we didn’t circumcise our boys and a surprising number of people felt the need to comment on it?? We are in Canada so it’s also fairly common here, but DH and I were basically why fix what’s not broken lol. Anyways, if you feel like it’s best not to circumcise then hopefully your hubby will come around. You can always explain to your older son that everyone’s body is different, and some penises will look like his while others will look like his brother’s and that’s ok. If anything hopefully it will help him accept the differences between different men and not judge others one way or the other. I don’t really understand why it’s still so common in North America - I’ve read that in Britain and Europe it is very rare for a man to be circumcised. Plus all the info on it being less hygienic etc is negligible, they are only at a slightly higher risk of STD’s and even that is iffy on whether or not it’s accurate.

I found this article you could always show your DH if he asks those kinds of questions: More Circumcision Myths You May Believe: Hygiene and STDs

Hope it all works out for you!

I have one cut child and one whole. I learned better so I'm doing better. I stand by my decision.

My oldest is 7 and hasn't really noticed. I know ill owe him an apology for cutting his body against his will. We also plan to offer to help him with restoration therapy if he wants it in the future, which is how I helped my husband come around to leaving #2 whole, we can pay for a circumcision for our younger child if he wants one in the future when he is old enough to consent and understand the risks.

www.yourwholebaby.org had excellent information.

Had dd3 been a boy, penis would have been uncut. Ds is cut. How ds might feel never played into it

I will, but my situation is the opposite of yours. DS #1 is not circumcised as we felt there was no reason for it, but DS #2 is going to have to be circumcised for medical reasons. My DH is circumcised as well so DS #1 will be the "different" one. I don't think it's a huge deal but if he wants to be circumcised as well he can make that decision for himself when he's old enough to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->