39+6 weeks, 3cm dilated since 1 week, had membrane sweep today

mridula

Reaction score
I'm going to be a FTM, I'm so done waiting here.. I'm due on 8th (in 2 days) and have been 3cm dilated since July 29th. Had an appointment today where doctor said I'm still 3cm dilated and she insisted on doing a membrane sweep to pump up things a bit as I have had no signs of labor yet.

I am walking a ton everyday since the 36 week scan where baby was head down already so that I get things started naturally. No luck until now, although I have been having discomfort, pelvic area pains and tailbone pain, but no contractions whatsoever. If I don't go into labor on my own, I am booked for Induction on the 16th (which I don't want to happen, as I am eagerly waiting to experience the natural onset of labor ever since I crossed 36 weeks)

Any tips ladies?

The only thing I learned after my babies is that nothing can start labour if your body isn’t ready 8-[ Hoping it starts soon for you! Enjoy the sleep while you can - pregnancy is rough... until you have a newborn :rofl:

I wish I could sleep, I've been so eager/anxious/excited that I can't get a good night's sleep, not to forget the 101 bathroom trips at night lol

I'll second that. Babies come when they are ready. My first, I was 0.5cm dilated at 36 weeks. He came at 37+2.

My second, my cervix length was only 1.5cm at 31weeks (supposed to be 3.5) and I was 4cm dilated at 32 weeks and he still came at 37+1, pretty much the same as my other.

I would say, keep moving, keeping exercising if its safe for you to do. With my first I did a *lot* of bouncing on the ball. Like everyday. And good luck mama. I hope LO shows up soon!

I hope baby arrives soon. You must be getting uncomfortable, especially in this weather :hugs:

I have no advice but I hope you get to meet your baby soon!

Walking, sex, bouncing on a yoga ball and resting when you can! Those last days are the hardest, you’re almost there now though! Good luck!

A little bd time can help as sperm and the movement help soften things. Walk steps or bounce. A warm bath. Nipple stimulation. In my past group everyone swore by this chocolate cake.

D6F46EA5-4EFC-4F6B-84C4-6B9117684D99.jpeg

Thanks for all your replies :) I just hope something gets started soon. Wish me luck and please pray for me!!

How exciting!! Almost there!! :happydance:

Yes! :) I’m excited to meet my boy, but he’s been a bit cozy in there and that’s killing me :flasher:

Went for a walk for almost 1.5 hours this morning, due today and no signs of pain ](*,)

He's just way too comfy in your womb mama :cloud9:

Thanks ladies! I’ll keep you posted :)

Happy due date! I agree with the above about baby coming when they want. On average if I remember right, first time moms are usually a week overdue. So many hugs! I suggest curb walking though Ive heard from labor and delivery nurses who say it helps baby engage. *hugs*

Thanks Lisa! You look great in your picture :)
Yeah it's been a waiting game and I feel I've been pregnant forever lol. I've been doing tons of different exercises since the time I crossed 30 weeks in order to get baby in the right position...like pelvic tilts, forward leaning, forward leaning inversion, curb side walking like you said, climbing the stairs up and down, butterfly pose, duck walks.. and all of it helped, baby is head down since 36th week thankfully. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->