When did you have your twins?

pinkwaters

Mommy to a fabulous son and LTTTC no.2
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I’m 32 weeks on Thursday with my twins and their total weight at the moment is close to 4.250kg

I was wondering how far you went with your twin pregnancy and if there was a reason? And if you needed the NICU.

I’m very anxious, I want them to continue baking until they’re ready but it’s really getting tough on me too, pretty much living on my couch at the moment, back and hip pain are at a disastrous level, my pregnancy waddle is at a whole new level too haha

Mine were born on schedule at 37 weeks by elective csection. We did not spend any time in NICU. My pregnancy was ok on the whole. Awful spd and terrible sciatica and quite bad carpal tunnel (which lasted a few years after) but no more so than other women with single babies I don't think. I am sorry you are suffering so :(. I hope your babies can bake a bit longer and that when they do come, all will be well with all of you. FX!

Mine were born on schedule at 37 weeks by elective csection. We did not spend any time in NICU. My pregnancy was ok on the whole. Awful spd and terrible sciatica and quite bad carpal tunnel (which lasted a few years after) but no more so than other women with single babies I don't think. I am sorry you are suffering so :(. I hope your babies can bake a bit longer and that when they do come, all will be well with all of you. FX!

Thank you Angel!
Do you remember their weights at 37 weeks?
The final stretch is the hardest part I suppose.

33 weeks preterm labor, complicated pregnancy. Had 1 boy with 1mo NICU (feeder/grower) and the other with a condition that required several surgery’s and 3mo NICU (we didn’t know what was wrong but we knew something was up via scans of baby boy a). In the end they are both happy normal 4 year olds now! They were 3lbs and 4lbs when born.

33 weeks preterm labor, complicated pregnancy. Had 1 boy with 1mo NICU (feeder/grower) and the other with a condition that required several surgery’s and 3mo NICU (we didn’t know what was wrong but we knew something was up via scans of baby boy a). In the end they are both happy normal 4 year olds now! They were 3lbs and 4lbs when born.

Awww they’re fighters. I’m so glad to hear that!! Thank you so much for sharing !

My story is a little different. B/G twins. Lost the boy at 17wks. Dd1 came at 36wks via csection. 2 weeks in NICU. 5lb 8oz.

My story is a little different. B/G twins. Lost the boy at 17wks. Dd1 came at 36wks via csection. 2 weeks in NICU. 5lb 8oz.

Im so sorry about your boy dear, thank you so much for sharing!
I always thought if I reach 36 weeks I’m good, now I realize each baby is different, some need the NICU at 37 & 38 weeks too while some don’t need at 35! Trying to fight anxiety and take it one day at a time but my target is to hopefully reach 35 weeks

Thanks !!

I haven’t ever had twins but my last baby was 4.77kg and the last couple of weeks were insanely taxing on my body, I do not know how I got out of bed (literally it was quite a feat rolling over and standing up) all the while looking after my other 2, getting one to and from school and then chasing the 2 year old. Lots of sitting and bouncing on the big gym ball helped with the hip pain, I’d often get up and bounce in the middle of the night because laying down all night was excruciating toward the end.
Good luck and hang in there :)

I haven’t ever had twins but my last baby was 4.77kg and the last couple of weeks were insanely taxing on my body, I do not know how I got out of bed (literally it was quite a feat rolling over and standing up) all the while looking after my other 2, getting one to and from school and then chasing the 2 year old. Lots of sitting and bouncing on the big gym ball helped with the hip pain, I’d often get up and bounce in the middle of the night because laying down all night was excruciating toward the end.
Good luck and hang in there :)

I think your Singleton counts as a twin load god bless! Wow I’m hassling with my 6 year old and that’s taxing enough! Hats off to you!
Did you manage to get to the end with your last baby? My 6 year old came at 3.85kg 37 weeks and that was a heavy load on my body! These guys are def heavier to carry so far, freaking out about water breaking and trying to chill as much as possible

Thanks for sharing!

I think your Singleton counts as a twin load god bless! Wow I’m hassling with my 6 year old and that’s taxing enough! Hats off to you!
Did you manage to get to the end with your last baby? My 6 year old came at 3.85kg 37 weeks and that was a heavy load on my body! These guys are def heavier to carry so far, freaking out about water breaking and trying to chill as much as possible

Thanks for sharing!
I went 10 days over before they induced me. I didn’t really want to be induced but I was a bit nervous about how big I was getting but they keep assuring me I was within normal range measurements. Wasn’t until my 41 week appointment they started to freak out and finally acknowledged I was actually quite huge, got rushed in for a scan at that point which suggested big baby and excess fluid. I did end up delivering vaginally though and despite her being a big fatty the birth wasn’t too bad (as far as childbirths go, it’s never a picnic let’s face it lol)
I hope your little bubs stay put and stay healthy but don’t chunk it on too much for you in your final weeks

I went 10 days over before they induced me. I didn’t really want to be induced but I was a bit nervous about how big I was getting but they keep assuring me I was within normal range measurements. Wasn’t until my 41 week appointment they started to freak out and finally acknowledged I was actually quite huge, got rushed in for a scan at that point which suggested big baby and excess fluid. I did end up delivering vaginally though and despite her being a big fatty the birth wasn’t too bad (as far as childbirths go, it’s never a picnic let’s face it lol)
I hope your little bubs stay put and stay healthy but don’t chunk it on too much for you in your final weeks

My dr was explaining to me how when babies weight piles on my water might break because the uterus just can’t accommodate. My friends friend had a 5kg baby and went over too lol so I’m thinking I have a chance to go further safely

I’ve had a C section with my first because his head circumference was measuring too big and he was breech so the drs were worried, no clue what labour is! Hence the panic of going into labour before my C section date haha

Thanks hun!!

Following 33+1 and I’m so ready to meet my boys plan is 37+1 but seeing my consultant on the 4th and she may move it forward. The boys are already good weights so she’s not too worried about them. So long as we make it to 34/35 I’ve already had steroids just in case x

Following 33+1 and I’m so ready to meet my boys plan is 37+1 but seeing my consultant on the 4th and she may move it forward. The boys are already good weights so she’s not too worried about them. So long as we make it to 34/35 I’ve already had steroids just in case x

Hey Monkei
You’re exactly one week ahead! I’m hoping to reach 35 too as hard as it’s getting carrying this bump around
My dr still seems to think it’s too early for steroids though
My follow up will be 5th close to reaching 34 weeks and I’m counting the days

we’re almost there!

Thank you Angel!
Do you remember their weights at 37 weeks?
The final stretch is the hardest part I suppose.

Twin A was 3kg (6.6lbs) and Twin B was 2.86kg (6.17lbs). Good luck I hope you can make your goal and they both have good weights :)

Last edited:
34+3. I was hospitalized at 31+4 for preterm labor - spent 5 days in the hospital getting steroid shots and magnesium. Released on modified activity - went into labor again the morning of 34+3 and it was ultimately determined that my body wanted to deliver my son because he had an infection. I delivered via c section due to transverse baby B and they spent 11 days in the NICU. On minimal oxygen support the first day then the rest was feeding and gaining back their weight. They were 5lbs 10 and 5lbs 3.

Officially over 35 weeks and section in two weeks time !

wohoo we’re almost there!!
35 weeks this Thursday I’m psyched! Seeing my dr again after that for an official section date
I’m so sore and sleepless, living on light salads and fruits, starving but can’t keep anything else down ;(
Babies at 2.2kg & 2.5kg so my dr is pleased

how are you feeling??

Completely exhausted the last few days I can feel it more and more. I’m so ready for them to be here now as the babies are huge 5lbs 5oz and 5lbs 9oz last week !!
How are you getting on ?

Completely exhausted the last few days I can feel it more and more. I’m so ready for them to be here now as the babies are huge 5lbs 5oz and 5lbs 9oz last week !!
How are you getting on ?

yay for their weights though! As hard as it gets carrying that heavy bump around it’s great for them to not be so tiny!
I get worried sleeping on my side now that I’m bigger and can really feel them, I keep switching thinking oh I must be squishing twin A then I flip again for twin B
Their movement is starting to get a little painful too
Wish we could just sleep our way until they’re here lol
Good luck with the final stretch!! Keep me posted on how you go

Good luck, girls!! I carried my boys to their scheduled c-section at 38+1 and they came out happy and healthy and BIG - 7lbs 3 and 6 lbs 5. No time in the NICU at all - had them on a Monday and were kicked out of the hospital on Thurs. My feet were huge, I had a most definite waddle, couldn't put socks or shoes on, couldn't sleep very well either b/c of the side to side squishing. I had about 9 pillows with me, propping me up, in the spare bedroom! No real 'pain' that I remember but it was just tough. Definitely was a day-to-day mindset in the home stretch at the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->