TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Good luck Steph! I have my fingers crossed for you! This journey is so hard at times, big e-hugs to you. I think it’s a good decision to try something else, sounds like you are already going through a lot, you don’t need Clomid on top of everything. I responded pretty well to Gonal F, so fingers crossed for that!

Separately, this might sound nuts, and you may not want to even think about alternative medicine for now. But the two times that I got pregnant, I was taking TCM (traditional Chinese medicine), prescribed by The Fertile Soul. I loved that they had a book and the person who diagnosed me (Theresa) is still there after 2 years, and that they are American (Im Chinese-American and I find TCM doctors a tad iffy). Sorry, to clarify, I also had IVF done, but the transfer cycle that I didn’t take the medicine the transfer failed. Anyway, something to potentially look at if you find it interesting, but totally ignore if you already have too much on your plate. This process is so insane at times that I all could do was cry.

Best of luck!

@Dream143r - this was the cycle you weren’t really supposed to conceive during, right? Hope AF comes soon enough for you so you can crack on properly.

@Jojo0802 - thank you so much for your kind words, definitely some food for thought! Yes the whole process is kind of hideous, but I think my husband and I have made the right decision by saying no to further IVF. Not sure yet how many ovulation induction cycles we’ll try, but I suppose I’ll see how I respond to the Gonal-F and go from there… I feel completely in the dark about everything actually because our treatment information appointment isn’t until Tuesday and I start the provera the day before! We’re a police officer and nurse so fitting in appointments around shifts is a nightmare… goodness knows how it’s going to go when we have to have sex on schedule hahah! I collected my meds yesterday and have been given four lots of 75 Gonal-F. Will just need to find out on Tuesday what day I’m after getting a bleed I’m supposed to start. I know it will be alternate days and then a scan. I’m also not sure if will need to be taking oestrogen/progesterone etc as well… hopefully all will become clear!!

Where abouts are you at in your journey, JoJo?

CD40 - 12DPO - No test today

Yep this was our 'reset' cycle so not a "major" let down that I'm getting BFNs.

I'm ultra hormonal the past couple days. I think due to this long cycle. I feel like I need AF to start for that release.

Today is our 6th wedding anniversary and DH booked me a massage for after work so hopefully that helps.

@sunnydee almost anatomy scan time right?

@tbfromlv how's it going over there? Still good sleep?

@Steph1012 Good luck on the appointment Tuesday! I hope you gain more clarity. Haha, the scheduling sounds like a handful. I think you guys have made the right choice, because you guys know yourselves best and you know what you need in this journey. I hope Gonal works well for you, I think you mentioned that you responded really well to it last time so they are doing lower doses, right?

We were blessed in that IVF went well and Im pregnant with my second (third transfer, second one didn’t take - it really got to me because the doctor told me it was a perfect little boy embryo and I was so smug and then I felt like I failed my baby boy, like I didn’t do enough or was careless.).

@Dream143r I hope AF comes soon and you enjoyed your massage.

Steph, the scheduling sounds tough... but hope you guys can find a way to sneak in a little bit of romance during a matched lunch break or something :D

Jojo, how far along are you? Congrats!!

Dream, hoping this cycle will be the one. Spring baby sounds perfect, right?

Had my anatomy scan today and everything is looking great, yayy. She was moving around a lot so it was hard to get good pics, but here are a few. The tech even turned on the 3D scan for a quick look but little one kept covering her face or moving out of the way lol.

original_00410fbf-bef5-4958-b28d-27fc67617604_PXL_20210701_164202809.jpg PXL_20210701_161345876 (1).jpg

Awwwe! Looking great Sunny. So cute, she's saying no pics mom!

CD2 over here. \\:D/

Steph- your schedules should make things interesting! Haha

Dream- glad this cycle is finally over and on to the next. Hope this is a good cycle for you!! FXd

JoJo- congrats! IVF is such a mind game isn’t it?

Sunny- she looks beautiful already! Can’t believe you’re half way!

AFM- Olivia is still doing great with sleep. She usually goes 4-8 hours without waking. I get up twice. Once at 5:30 am and I am actually waking her to feed at that point because I want to guarantee she doesn’t wake up at 6 or something and decide it’s go time lol. She’s very gassy like K was.. wondering if she might have some oral ties somewhere. But we have been seeing a chiropractor and it’s helped a lot. She’s also a CHUNK! Lol when we went to her chiro appointment at 5 weeks she weight 11.5 pounds! Kaydence didn’t weigh that until her 2 month appointment lol

Steph- how’s the cycle going??

dream- how about you?

CD11 | Negative OPK | loads of CM :lol:

BD every other day starting today and we'll see what happens :-=

CD14 | haven't done my OPK yet but yesterday's CD13 was negative | We're already off of our every other day BD because DH has come down with a cold so I just left him alone yesterday. We'll see how he's feeling today. If we don't start today I think it's gonna be tough to catch the eggie this cycle. We'll see.

Oh Dream I hope by the time you get your positive DH is on the upswing and wanting to DTD! But remember sperm can survive a few days!

Dream, got your positive OPK yet?

Tb, is the transition from 1 to 2 any easier than from zero to 1? I'm so worried lol.

Steph, hope you'll update us soon on how things are going!

Doing well over here. Can't believe how time flies :)

CD 19 | I believe O was Friday - We did manage to get a couple BD sessions in. So today is 3DPO, I told myself I won't test until Saturday at 8DPO.

@SunnyBe yes it totally is! I think going from zero-1 is a whole life style change and EVERYTHING is new. Now everything involving Olivia is easier and I’m way more laid back about it (not stressing out over everything!) the hard part is running around with a toddler and feeling like you give them enough of your time! Luckily, Kaydence loves her so much and it seems like she understands! I was trying to dry my hands off when O woke from a nap and so I wasn’t going down there yet and K just ran down there saying “I got it! I’m coming baby sister!” And went into our room and patted her belly. It’s adorable. She doesn’t like to go to bed without saying goodnight to Olivia either. So all that’s been helpful with the mom guilt!

Dream I hope you caught it!!

OMG TB - that is so freaking adorable! What an amazing big sister!

CD20 | 4DPO - Don't really have any gut feelings as to whether we caught it or not. Trying my best to stay cool about the whole process.

I live in Ontario and gyms have been closed since early April and they have finally reopened this past Friday. So I'm working out and it feels so good. I love that natural high after a good sweat.

Hey ladies,

Hope everyone is well- glad to hear life with your latest addition is going well, TB!

I started my Gonal-F injections last Friday (75iu on alternate days), will have my fourth one tomorrow and then back for a scan on Friday to see what’s cooking. There is definitely something going on in there and I’m a little uncomfortable, but I’m hoping some of that is just me being extra in tune due to the OHSS, rather than actually over stimulating.

We’re not sure yet whether we’ll be triggering or not, guess it depends what they see on Friday. Consultant told me to get some OPKs anyway and they arrived today. I did one and I swear it looked kind of positive which is a little scary? I did look after ten minutes though so I can’t really count it and obviously I am so inexperienced at OPKs! Will try one again later perhaps although I’m drinking tonnes of water and not sure whether that will affect results?

They’re both out of the ten minute limit- bottom is from about 5 hours ago, and too one about 15 minutes. Please tell me this doesn’t look like I’ve ovulated already?!

11C57FDB-F782-440B-B731-8611D7AD7D3E.jpeg

Steph that one on the bottom does look pretty close to positive! Are you able to get some BD in just in case you’re preparing to ovulate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->