• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Those of you with GD, what were your symptoms?

fluffpuffin

Reaction score
Hey girls, I guess I'm freaking out a little. I'm really worried I may have GD. The last 2 weeks I've had unquenchable thirst constantly, then been needing the toilet lots too. Have any of you had the same symptoms?

Thanks xxx

how far along are you? thirst can go up in pregnancy and so can having to use the restroom :) But those are two signs. I was sick to my stomach (pregnancy? lol) but i know the difference between morning sickness and this kind of sick to my stomach. I'd get the shakes and if i ate something i'd be fine especially in the a.m. it's really kind of hard to diagnose yourself. you should tell your ob/midwife and ask them to do the one hour test. it won't hurt you or baby at any time of pregnancy and will ease your fears.

Thanks, I will have a midwive appointment soon so will mention it. xx

I had increased thirst, blurry vision that came in and out, increased urination, and lots of weight gain without eating a whole lot.

i have GD and they said that you only get it in the third trimester thats why they give you a blood test at 28weeks but if they find you have diabetes before 28weeks that means you always had diabetes but just never diagnosed.
i duno if i really had any symptoms except i really wanted to eat sweet things but yes do the glucose tolerance test if you are worried thats the most accurate and theres certain people more at risk from GD if u have high bmi or in my case its my race south asia, carribean and asians are high risk

I am constantly thirsty, I pee a lot, and I'm constantly exhausted. I wouldn't have considered them signs of GD if I didn't know I had it...I just assume that the farther into the pregnancy you get, the more tired you are...and peeing a lot is normal I think...

My major sign came during an ultrasound when my little man measured 3 full weeks ahead of his actual gestation.

The weird thing is, I've gained less than 10 pounds with this pregnancy...

Thanks for the info. I feel theres so much I don't know. xx

The reason why they screen for GDM is because pregnancy symptoms and Diabetes symptoms are identical. What you're describing could be normal pregnancy stuff. :hugs:

Generally they don't test for it early unless you have a history of Diabetes in your family, or if you had GDM with a previous pregnancy. If you're worried, definitely ask about it. Always better to have peace of mind. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hds13
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->