Severely blocked fellopian tubes and pregnancy

ANNE24- I'm so sorry, hun! I confused you with Hope. My deepest apologizes for that :(
I do hope you're doing well and best of luck on IUI#3!
LC- Any update on your IUI? If you want to try IVF there is a new study that came out and its available in 5 states.

I'm still monitoring waiting for ovulation to occur so we can schedule my FET next week. I'm so excited to have finally made it here! Grand total to date for FREE IVF was $7,000.
I could have done mini- IVF in Orlando for $5,000...
I hope one of my two blasts settle in for 9 months :)

GL to all of you with upcoming IUIs and surgeries!

My iui never happened. Apparently there's annual labs that no one told me about so we did clomid ovidrel and timed intercourse. Likely too far outside window too. I'm halfway through 2ww.....woohoo re FET.

A new study?

Yup, apparently there are several IVF studies. Do a search for IVF clinical trials and they will come up. Sorry about your IUI, LC. What a bummer. I sure hope you get good news this cycle! We could be BFP buddies cause my FET is schedule for June 18th! EEEK! I really hope this cycle works for us. And all the other ladies in the waiting period.

Bfp buddies would be awesome. :) and a few more days for FET. Fingers crossed for you guys.

KC Thats okay hun you need not be sorry. Just 5 more days for fet. Good luck.

Hi ladies, hopevu dnt mind me posting here, i have just been given the blow I didn't expect.... After years of tests, scans, and finally my Lap last week, I have received a copy of the letter my consultant sent to my doc.

It states normal uterus and normal ovaries but blocked tubes clubbed at fimbrial end & no healthy fimbria pls HELP me understand what my chances are.... I have to go back and see my consultant in a few weeks to talk about the results.

I am sooom right now. I feel my world has come crashing down.

Is there anything they can do?

Any help would be appreciated thx

Hi ladies, hopevu dnt mind me posting here, i have just been given the blow I didn't expect.... After years of tests, scans, and finally my Lap last week, I have received a copy of the letter my consultant sent to my doc.

It states normal uterus and normal ovaries but blocked tubes clubbed at fimbrial end & no healthy fimbria pls HELP me understand what my chances are.... I have to go back and see my consultant in a few weeks to talk about the results.

I am sooom right now. I feel my world has come crashing down.

Is there anything they can do?

Any help would be appreciated thx

Lea- I am in the SAME position as you are, hun. I have been given the run around for so many doctors telling me I have blocked tubes, hydrosalpinx, etc. I am in the process of my first IVF cycle and my new RE said my tubes were not showing as hydro but my infertility is related to cycsts on the ends of my fimbriae which is blocking both tubes at the distal end and preventing the semen and the egg from meeting. There is no surgery to repair fimbriae due to how delicate it is, if it's destroyed it becomes useless and will not be able to do it's job of grabbing the egg. The only recommendation I was given was IVF- it is the only way to bypass the tubes all together.
I hope this helps. I'm sorry you have to deal with this issue too. Believe, me, I know how you feel.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum but wanted to share my story in hopes it would help someone! When I first was told both tubes were blocked, I was looking everywhere for hope.

My husband and I have been ttc for over 2 years. I have a 9 year old son from a previous relationship but have been unable to conceive since. I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago and told I had not been ovulating. I began taking metformin and my cycles were regulated within 2 months. Since then, I've been ovulating like clockwork and my cycles are very regular. I still was not getting pregnant and went for an HSG the beginning of May 2013. The results showed both tubes blocked, one with a hydrosalpinx. I was also diagnosed with a bicornuate or septate uterus (was going to go for testing to determine which one this cycle). I was devastated! I immediately started researching natural remedies. I started using self fertility massage, a castor oil pack, and a fertility cleanse kit. I also began taking the following supplements: Wobenzym N (to break up blockage), vitamin D, Maca, Royal Jelly, prenatal vitamin. My husband started taking FertilAid for men, vitamin D, vitamin C, vitamin E, Maca, Royal Jelly. He also took mucinex a week before my ovulation and I took it for the 2 days before ovulation. We started the fertility cleanse this past cycle beginning with 5/22/2013 and I started using the self-fertility massage daily. We were referred to an RE and I was scheduled to do hormone testing on cycle day 2, 3, or 4 and that day never came because I got a BFP when I tested once I was 3 days late (Just this past Sunday).
After trying for 2 years with PCOS, blocked tubes, misshaped uterus, and semen that would not liquify so an analysis could be completed, and after only 1.5 months of using the supplements, vitamins, and fertility cleanse and massage, we are pregnant! I'm hoping it is in the uterus and not in the tube, but the mere fact that we got a BFP is a miracle!
Baby dust to all of you!

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum but wanted to share my story in hopes it would help someone! When I first was told both tubes were blocked, I was looking everywhere for hope.

My husband and I have been ttc for over 2 years. I have a 9 year old son from a previous relationship but have been unable to conceive since. I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago and told I had not been ovulating. I began taking metformin and my cycles were regulated within 2 months. Since then, I've been ovulating like clockwork and my cycles are very regular. I still was not getting pregnant and went for an HSG the beginning of May 2013. The results showed both tubes blocked, one with a hydrosalpinx. I was also diagnosed with a bicornuate or septate uterus (was going to go for testing to determine which one this cycle). I was devastated! I immediately started researching natural remedies. I started using self fertility massage, a castor oil pack, and a fertility cleanse kit. I also began taking the following supplements: Wobenzym N (to break up blockage), vitamin D, Maca, Royal Jelly, prenatal vitamin. My husband started taking FertilAid for men, vitamin D, vitamin C, vitamin E, Maca, Royal Jelly. He also took mucinex a week before my ovulation and I took it for the 2 days before ovulation. We started the fertility cleanse this past cycle beginning with 5/22/2013 and I started using the self-fertility massage daily. We were referred to an RE and I was scheduled to do hormone testing on cycle day 2, 3, or 4 and that day never came because I got a BFP when I tested once I was 3 days late (Just this past Sunday).
After trying for 2 years with PCOS, blocked tubes, misshaped uterus, and semen that would not liquify so an analysis could be completed, and after only 1.5 months of using the supplements, vitamins, and fertility cleanse and massage, we are pregnant! I'm hoping it is in the uterus and not in the tube, but the mere fact that we got a BFP is a miracle!
Baby dust to all of you!

I was amazed by your story! Congrats on your BFP! and happy, healthy 9months!
I suspect I have blocked tubes too. I don't want to do a Lap. It causes new scars and adhesions. IUI may not help, I want to go straight to natural IVF. But my DH is worried about invasive IVF and mistakes dr. could do in the lab. He tells me to wait couple of months.
This cycle I also started castor oil packs and fertility massages 6CD-12CD once a day for 50min (bloating was my only side effect). I read it is not safe to continue after O. How long did you use them? Firtility cleanse, is it safe to take after O? Royal jelly I'll get in pharmacy today!
Thank you for your responce!

Good luck ladies with you IVF! Eating pinapple core will help with implantation!

[/QUOTE]

I was amazed by your story! Congrats on your BFP! and happy, healthy 9months!
I suspect I have blocked tubes too. I don't want to do a Lap. It causes new scars and adhesions. IUI may not help, I want to go straight to natural IVF. But my DH is worried about invasive IVF and mistakes dr. could do in the lab. He tells me to wait couple of months.
This cycle I also started castor oil packs and fertility massages 6CD-12CD once a day for 50min (bloating was my only side effect). I read it is not safe to continue after O. How long did you use them? Firtility cleanse, is it safe to take after O? Royal jelly I'll get in pharmacy today!
Thank you for your responce!

Good luck ladies with you IVF! Eating pinapple core will help with implantation![/QUOTE]

Thank you! We were on the pathway for IVF. Our initial consultation with our RE after reviewing ultrasound photos, xrays from the HSG, and my past history of bloodwork ended with "IVF will likely be your best option." I was determined to try anything else before that due to the cost and invasiveness! I was never a big believer in Eastern medicine, herbal supplements, massage, etc. but I figured it couldn't hurt anything. I have no idea if that was the reason we got a BFP or just a HUGE coincidence.

You're right, if you are actively TTC, you should only do massage and the castor oil packs until O. I stopped when I got my pos OPK on June 5. I continued with the fertility cleanse because I was almost 100% convinced I wouldn't be able to conceive naturally with the blocked tubes and only doing the massage and supplements for such a short time. They do recommend that you do not TTC during the month you do the fertility cleanse but from what I've read, many people get pregnant halfway through. As soon as I got the BFP, I stopped the women's best friends pills (part of fertility cleanse), maca, and royal jelly. I have continued the wobenzym n (cut the dose in half) because I've read that it helps to prevent miscarriage. I've also continued taking metformin.

Did you have an HSG? That's not as invasive and does not result in scarring but is pretty accurate in diagnosing blocked tubes. Best of luck to you!

I am in Germany right now and RE doesn't perform HSG because of Radiation, they perform contrast sonohysterography with sugar and the results are the same. My RE couldn't put catheter into my cervix this month, so we'll do it next cycle close to O. Hopefully it will be open.
Please check your progesterone levels and stay positive!
Thank you so much for your time and support!
Best of luck to you!

I am in Germany right now and RE doesn't perform HSG because of Radiation, they perform contrast sonohysterography with sugar and the results are the same. My RE couldn't put catheter into my cervix this month, so we'll do it next cycle close to O. Hopefully it will be open.
Please check your progesterone levels and stay positive!
Thank you so much for your time and support!
Best of luck to you!

Good luck to you! I hope you get your BFP soon!

Hi girls. So clomid and I are done. Lol on to injections (purgeon) next cycle. Right tube pretty useless.

LC Are you moving on to iui? I'm pretty much gearing up for ivf this fall/winter. I went through a HSG yesterday to check the condition of my tubes. I'm yet to know the results. Basing on which I start preparing for ivf. Never ever thought I'll have to go through ivf. But even if that gives me a bfp then why not?

KC Any update? When are you testing?

LC Are you moving on to iui? I'm pretty much gearing up for ivf this fall/winter. I went through a HSG yesterday to check the condition of my tubes. I'm yet to know the results. Basing on which I start preparing for ivf. Never ever thought I'll have to go through ivf. But even if that gives me a bfp then why not?

KC Any update? When are you testing?

LC- I am done with clomid too. Are you going to move onto IVF?

Anne- How are you? I found out today that our second IVF was unsuccessful. I have a consult with one RE on Thursday and another on 8/16 so we will be researching our next move. For a "free" clinical trial we ended up paying $10,000 in meds, monitoring and travel so we are heartbroken :cry:. But, we are not giving up yet! We plan to do IVF #3 next month. I may need to have both tubes removed before I do IVF again to increase my chances at implantation. GL with IVF in the Fall- I will be praying for you both to get your take home babay!

KC I am so so sorry hun. BIG HUGS. My 3 failed iuis was so difficult to accept. I can only imagine the disappointment and pain at failed ivfs. But am so happy you are not giving up. I really really hope it works out fine this time.

LC Good luck hun.

Hi Girls. Here is a link to my recent update.
LINK
Did not want to post it here in case it was too sensitive for anyone.

I wish all you girls the best and hope you all get your dream baby's very soon. xxx

LINK

I wish all you girls the best and hope you all get your dream baby's very soon. xxx

OMG, he is GORGEOUS! Congrats to you! Did you do egg sharing? I cant remember. You are blessed. :)

LINK

Congratulations Hope. Your baby boy looks gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->