October/November Conkers 2021***

Hey girls! Just back from hospital following some weird discharge snd water but all okay! Just waiting on results but bakx home!
I’ll be having a c-section with this one! We had Emergency one with my little boy and they’ve recommended I have another one this time!

anyone else already achey snd struggling get up etc? Feel like I’m full term alresdy hah!
I hope the test comes back ok! My SIL had a weird leakage in third tri with her first. She was sure it was her waters but it wasn’t. But it wasn’t pee either. There’s some sort of other fluid that can do a slow leak apparently but not sure what it is.

honestly I’m only 15 weeks and starting to get uncomfortable. It’s my abdomen feeling so full as I’ve never carried my babies this way before. It’s pushing up into my lungs already and down onto my bladder. Pushing on my stomach and making me have heartburn :(. It’s flipping insane because I’m only just barely 2nd tri. I’m hoping the bump will pop out and it’ll ease? But I think this is just how I’m carrying this time. It sucks lol.

Good luck with the section - hope the recovery is easy and you don’t go into labour before XD

My first was back to back and because of that my contractions slowed right down and I think towards the end DS1 was getting tired! So they made me lay on my back with legs in the air!

Erm all the upright positions for me have been good. With baby no.5 I didn’t wanna be on my hands and knees and I found standing with a leg up most comfortable.... I was able to deliver him a previous babies have been taken behind me. Baby 4 and 5 both had there bags over them so this time i actually got to see the babies face covered in the sack with waters in it.

the consultant said because I’m a grand multip (more than 5 births) that my uterus won’t shrink and I’m more likely to bleed.... I’ve never bled more than a normal amount after delivery and my uterus has always shrunk down pretty rapidly after birth so I dunno?! I’m hoping the midwives will allow me on there unit seeing a delivery suite is literally next door if there was an emergency?!
Interesting about the bleeding. I bled too much with my 3rd but I was at home and just stuck it out. Felt pretty crap for a few days. Nothing life threatening though. I’d say if you’re that close to the delivery suite you should just put your foot down about the midwife unit. Especially if you’ve never hemmoraged before!!

I will be having a planned csection, I have had 2 emergency sections in the past so this time it will be planned that way. I think it will be at 39 weeks but will know more when I have a consultant appointment after my 20 week scan.
Happy I will be having a section as it's just what I know now, and I think definitely the safety's given I have had 2 previous. My little girl who is 16 months was emergency at 38 weeks exact, I went to hospital to check reduced movements, movements were fine but good job I went as her heart rate was sky high, they couldn't bring it down, then it started dropping, going up and down totally unstable so thry quickly decided she was coming! That makes me really nervous about this time round though, because if I hadn't just decided to get what I thought was reduced movements checked out, who knows what may of happened :( I was hoping they would maybe schedule this section a bit earlier but I don't think thye will, interested and impatieng to talk it over with a consultant though! X
Your littlest is still young! Is it ok to have a c section again that close to your last surgery?

@sil I’m in the US too! They are pretty accommodating at the hospitals here in Oregon. Where are you?

I am in Connecticut. There is one hospital about 40 from me that I hear is great, but in order to deliver there I would have to have all my appointments out that way which is just too much.

The hospital I deliver at has lovely nurses but it’s very much led by the way they prefer things. I wasn’t forced to have an epidural but I was strongly repetitively encouraged, and I was told I had to be on my back for all 3 deliveries (even the 2 deliveries where I had no pain medications). At my first delivery in 2013 I asked them to leave the cord to let the blood pulse through but they “forgot” and cut it immediately. Very frustrating.

I birthed sitting for both girls, really weird but I’m paranoid about pooping in delivery so any other position I would be nervous the whole time. I’ve had such quick births never had time to talk pain meds.

I’m 14 weeks and already feel like I’m in my third trimester, BH every day, baby is staying really low which worries me a bit.

Your littlest is still young! Is it ok to have a c section again that close to your last surgery?
That is soemthign else I will definitely be discussing with the consultant, but my midwife never mentioned anything at my booking in appt.

From what I have found online the general advice seems to be "In general, you should wait at least 6 months before getting pregnant again after a C-section. That's the bare minimum needed; some experts suggest it's better to wait 12 to 15 months, while others say 18 to 24 months"

So I guess I will see what they say and if that will be a factor in when they will deliver the baby and what care I will get x

By the time this one's due it will of been 22 months since my last cesarean so I'm closer to the 24 month advice than any other x

I am in Connecticut. There is one hospital about 40 from me that I hear is great, but in order to deliver there I would have to have all my appointments out that way which is just too much.

The hospital I deliver at has lovely nurses but it’s very much led by the way they prefer things. I wasn’t forced to have an epidural but I was strongly repetitively encouraged, and I was told I had to be on my back for all 3 deliveries (even the 2 deliveries where I had no pain medications). At my first delivery in 2013 I asked them to leave the cord to let the blood pulse through but they “forgot” and cut it immediately. Very frustrating.
It’s hard to advocate for yourself too in the midst of contractions. I find it so hard to make decisions and hope the midwives will lead me but they really don’t. They only ask more questions XD

I would really recommend looking into some other positions for pushing because it’s wayyyy easier when you’re not on your back!

I birthed sitting for both girls, really weird but I’m paranoid about pooping in delivery so any other position I would be nervous the whole time. I’ve had such quick births never had time to talk pain meds.

I’m 14 weeks and already feel like I’m in my third trimester, BH every day, baby is staying really low which worries me a bit.
Didn’t poop for my first 2 deliveries but did a bit with my 3rd... I’ve heard women who are paranoid of it and after labour they’re like, “did I poop? Did I poop?”

I will just tell you all, you will know if you poop. Because of the smell XD I’m sorry it’s gross lol. But the midwives just scoop it up and clean it out of the way in seconds lol.

Didn’t poop for my first 2 deliveries but did a bit with my 3rd... I’ve heard women who are paranoid of it and after labour they’re like, “did I poop? Did I poop?”

I will just tell you all, you will know if you poop. Because of the smell XD I’m sorry it’s gross lol. But the midwives just scoop it up and clean it out of the way in seconds lol.

I’m not brave enough to ask, I even tell them to discreetly clean up and don’t tell me I much prefer to be ignorant to the fact.

did you feel that you were about to or it just happened?

I’m not brave enough to ask, I even tell them to discreetly clean up and don’t tell me I much prefer to be ignorant to the fact.

did you feel that you were about to or it just happened?
I had a hard time getting into my pushing groove with my third because the waters were in between her head and my cervix (I really just needed my waters broken and she popped out) so I was just trying different ways of pushing... and then I smelled it and was like! I pooped!! I didn’t really care tbh and the midwives didn’t say anything and just scooped it away. It probably wasn’t a lot either and I keep my eyes closed during labour almost the entire time so, I didn’t see anything lol! I won’t be pushing that way again with this baby and if they mention breaking my waters I’m going to say hell yes right away!

I had a hard time getting into my pushing groove with my third because the waters were in between her head and my cervix (I really just needed my waters broken and she popped out) so I was just trying different ways of pushing... and then I smelled it and was like! I pooped!! I didn’t really care tbh and the midwives didn’t say anything and just scooped it away. It probably wasn’t a lot either and I keep my eyes closed during labour almost the entire time so, I didn’t see anything lol! I won’t be pushing that way again with this baby and if they mention breaking my waters I’m going to say hell yes right away!

it’s a bit hard and weird with water isn’t it DD2 water didn’t break, midwife popped it with her nail when was already in birth canal.

@soloso it doesn’t bare thinking about an outcome of your didn’t go in. Good job you trusted your instincts. I guess that’s something to ask your consultant if they would consider giving a section just slightly earlier given your past experiences!

@daniyaaq i know I pooped with no.2! I was on my hands and knees and she honestly came out with such force like 2 pushes that I done a poo! Haha! Midwife said nothing just wiped it away! I was so caught up in the moment of it all it didn’t really fully register.

@Reiko_ctu i hemmoraged with my molar and that was absolutely awful they only just managed to stop it. I’m taking liquid iron now as I’m usually low in iron so hopefully even if I did bleed I would have a bit more iron in me!

@Suggerhoney goodluck girl!! You and baby boy got this! We are all here waiting for your update! Big hugs xx

I pooped with my first. They discretely wiped it away and cleaned it up. They probably see it so often it doesn’t even register.

with my third I knew I had to pee but it hurt so much I didn’t want to get up. They told me to push and I was on my back with legs up and I peed with such force it went EVERYWHERE. It sprayed all of the nurses and doctors. Everyone had a good laugh.

birth is messy

@sil that’s the best story! Can you imagine watching that happen!!! Hehe! Birth is certainly messy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->