October/November Conkers 2021***

@angie90 I hope you don’t mind me asking but why did you have a section with no.2? Hopefully baby won’t leave you waiting too long and comes much before your section date. I’ve never had a VBAC so I’m not much help in that department. I’ve all crossed it goes well and baby comes naturally!

Thanks for explaining about the Ctg! How do
You feel about it now being twice a week? Xx

@Mummy2Corban i had a section with my first due to being induced, he got stuck snd went into distress. Was awful! Agreed to try again now for this second baby but if don’t go naturally I will have a section instead of the induction again! I know lots of people have successful inductions but I’m still traumatised from my last one!

@angie90 ah hun! That sounds scary! I think you’ve made the right decision going with VBAC and if no baby then a section. I think if you’ve doubt in your mind it’s not the best idea going into it.

@angie90 good luck going for your VBAC!! I know it’s been successful for lots of women! You can do it - and you’ve got a good backup plan too.

AFM yes insulin will preclude me from a home birth. Which I don’t really mind to be honest, I will probably end up choosing to go to the hospital anyways even without insulin, but it’s more giving myself injections, worrying about having low blood sugars in the middle of the night, gaining weight from the insulin, and the management during labour and treatment after labour that worries me. At this point it’ll be like 12 weeks of insulin $$$ and who knows how much weight I’ll gain. Im 131 now and don’t want to go over 140! Have never been over 140 in my life.

@Weemcb26
Yes we have 2 male cats and a female and the mail ones won't leave me alone.
One of the mail ones constantly wants to be on my lap and as close as possible and our other male is normoly very shy and stand offish around me and even he keep falling asleep near me and keeps rubbing himself on me with his tail.
Last night I had both mails asleep right near me.

That's a good plan hon. I had to he monitored twice a week with last ds
From 28 weeks right up untill 37 weeks.
I'm praying u will not have baby b4 week 37 at the very earliest.

@Mummy2Corban
Do u think hon? See I think I look massive now.
Have a sore left hip at the moment.
It's been really playing up the last few days so wondering if his head is on a nerve.
Was horrible last night. I've been constipated and yesterday when I managed to go that pain in my hip got so so painful and then shot down my leg. I nearly hit the ceiling lol.

Yes nearly 33 weeks now. Hopefully only another 4 weeks left but cud be 5](*,)

Feel so ready now but I know its far to early still yet.

I have been on insulin before I got pregnant and I haven't gained weight from it, but I hope for u that u can avoid it if u can x

@Reiko_ctu
So sorry u have to go on insulin hon.

@angie90
Good for you going for a Vbac hon. Hopefully u won't go over due.
I went over due with my second. 42 weeks and I can remember how much that sucks.

Argh, had a message from midwife asking me to get in touch about my appointment next week. Looks like they want to rearrange it. When will I ever see a midwife and get my consultant appointment. Had it booked for my day off now I might have to take time off work for it.

I have been on insulin before I got pregnant and I haven't gained weight from it, but I hope for u that u can avoid it if u can x
Oh I have heard it can cause weight gain. I don’t think I will be able to avoid it unfortunately. Playing with the bedtime snack to get fasting levels down definitely won’t last me 12 weeks. Do you get yours for free or do you pay out of pocket? I’m already paying over $100 a month just for my test strips.

Oh I have heard it can cause weight gain. I don’t think I will be able to avoid it unfortunately. Playing with the bedtime snack to get fasting levels down definitely won’t last me 12 weeks. Do you get yours for free or do you pay out of pocket? I’m already paying over $100 a month just for my test strips.
I get my insulin, metphormine and my sensor free, because I'm not working I get mine paid for, wow that is alot for test strips! Couldn't imagine what insulin would cost u! Xx

I get my insulin, metphormine and my sensor free, because I'm not working I get mine paid for, wow that is alot for test strips! Couldn't imagine what insulin would cost u! Xx
I actually think the insulin might be cheaper than the test strips XD

Hi everyone,

@Weemcb26 my dog seems to always know when I'm not feeling 100% (dizzy spell, Braxton hicks etc) and will stick his head on my leg or walk around me in circles (not helpful when dizzy)
I'm glad you have a plan that makes you more comfortable! And hope baby stays at least until 37 weeks

@Mummy2Corban Thank u for asking after me! Means a lot. How are you coping?

@topazicatzbet when was the last time u saw them again? Rediculous they keep messing you about!!

@Reiko_ctu That's an insane amount of money!! Surely insulin should be free or at least cheap, it's what could save your or baby's life!!

@angie90 I attempted vbac with my last but had the mechanical induction early which failed so ended up another section. I wouldn't have changed it tho because I wouldnt of forgiven myself for not trying. And this time it's less then a year since my last section so not allowed to try vbac. Which is gutting...

SO I'm home now got some good anti sickness tablets to take and managed to keep my dinner down! Which wasn't the best health wise! (Double burger with cheese and fries) was amazing after 3 days not eating!!!! Scan tomorrow and repeat bloods and then consultant Monday midwife wed busy busy busy!!

What did everyone pack in their bags? I have to be in for 4-5 days after baby is born but don't know if to pack for like 2 days and then get my partner to bring up some stuff pre packed later? Hmmm x

@Catmumof4 glad you are feeling better.

I saw the midwife at 8w for BP and bloods then its just been a phone call at 6w and 16w.

I actually get to see my midwife in person next Monday and then I think in person again at 32, 36, 38, 39, and 40 weeks. Unless they lock us down again then it'll be phone calls for some of those but we are open for everything around here currently!! Will be nice to get measured and see if I'm the right sized bump.

Woke up to another lockdown. Thankfully don’t have to stay homeschooling till Monday. Kids are all emotional and sad with being in and out of school.

Woke up to another lockdown. Thankfully don’t have to stay homeschooling till Monday. Kids are all emotional and sad with being in and out of school.
I’m sorry, that’s so tough. I’m sure when we’re in the winter months we’ll be back in lockdown. We’re free for the summer time lol.

or maybe… people will just learn how to live with this virus instead of shutting down everything in society… who knows.

@Reiko_ctu oh how stressful! And the extra cost of it all!!! Not long till you can get bump measured then. How do you feel? Big small?!

@topazicatzbet so frustrating!!!!! I picked up my notes from the midwife at 8 weeks then went to 28 weeks. More frustrating for you though seeing as you want to know some things about babies birth.

@daniyaaq do you know how long are you in lockdown for? Or is it unknown?

@Catmumof4 Glad your home hun! Well deserved cheese burger don’t you think!!!!! Hopefully the meds help you out. Well I’ve always packed fairly lightly because my plan is always to escape and we aren’t far from hospital so DH can bring stuff in. I’m going to pack a little bit more this time round just encase I’ve got to stay in with having this drip and because of visiting restrictions but hopefully I’ll be in and out!

Argh, had a message from midwife asking me to get in touch about my appointment next week. Looks like they want to rearrange it. When will I ever see a midwife and get my consultant appointment. Had it booked for my day off now I might have to take time off work for it.

Oh no what a pain In the arse. I've hardly seen my midwife this pregnancy.
I saw her at 8 weeks and then 25 weeks. Think I saw her again at 28 weeks but nothing since. She was supposed to come last Friday for a home visit but didn't make it .
She did want to come today but I didn't see the point because I only see the consultant yesterday. Not seeing him now untill September 1st so ideally need to see her next week or week after.

Gosh hon that's expensive. I'm so greatful we have the NHS here.

I forgot to post my V day bump! Here it is. I am by far the smallest I’ve been at this point with any of my 4 babies.

I just got my first appointment with MFM booked for the 19th. Hoping for more info on baby’s growth, cord health, placenta health, and a plan moving forward.

E72A4E3F-5F38-4FA7-8998-E8F806E23826.jpeg

@Catmumof4
So as u know I have to stay in hospital too.
I've packed my bags and I've packed a fair bit esp for baby.

1) 2 pairs of pj's for after birth and hospital stay
2) night gown for labour
3) big old comfortable knickers for after birth 8 pairs.
4) fluffy socks 2 pairs
5) cardigan for if its chilly
6) wash bag containing
Tiny shampoo and conditioner
Body wash
Body spray
Moisturiser
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Wash cloth/flannel
Hairbrush
Hair ties
Slippers
7) big old maternity pads 2 packs
8) breast pads
9) medication

(For baby)
1) 2 packs of nappies
2) 2 packs of wipes
3) talcompowder
4) cotton balls
5) baby lotion
6) miniature Body wash and baby shampoo.
7) dummies/pacifiers
8) 14 baby grows (onesies) tiny baby
9) 14 baby vests also tiny baby.
10) 3 first size grows and vests incase baby is big.
11) going home outfit
12) 3 hats
13) 2 x scratch mite
14) muslin squares and large muslin squares for swaddling.
15) little Teddy bear.

I think that's about everything.

I have wrote a little list of last minute things I need to add on the day I go in for induction.
I've stuck it to the fridge.

1) phone charger
2) money
3) magazines/books
4) bottle of orange squash/ drink for DH
5) snacks for me and DH for induction.

And i think that it all of it.

I wanted to pack alot because my DH won't be able to visit alot because there only allowing birth partners to visit and no one else and he will have to watch the other kids.

Hope my list has helped..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->