October/November Conkers 2021***

@Suggerhoney I never even pay attention to the percentiles they give you. They are always way off for me. My DD was supposed to be in the 7 lb range and they were shocked when she came out 9lb6oz being born a day early. You are getting close!! I can't believe you are already 25 weeks.

@daniyaaq glad your midwife appointment went well. I can't believe you are still having such bad HG. I really hope you get some relief soon. Is there nothing else they can do to try to help you?

@Mummy2Corban I get super impatient with my babies. All of mine are born early (DS1 was just over 38 weeks, DS2 was 37 1/2 weeks, and DD was 1 day early). I remember being SO impatient with DD because I assumed she'd come a few weeks early like her brothers and every day I got closer to 40 weeks I went slightly more insane haha!

@Katiedw21 I got an episiotomy with my first born too and I regretted it. I had a huge tear with him and then just very minor tears with my next two births. I have never been induced before - is an induction birth more difficult? I'd imagine it'd be easier to get childcare etc but can also see wanting the experience of laboring on your own. I've only had natural labors so far.

Not too much new over here. I'm 17 weeks tomorrow. I had an appointment yesterday but it was completely not noteworthy - they just took weight and blood pressure, asked if I had any questions, and sent me on my way. I'm just about 3 weeks out from the big anatomy scan. I have it booked for July 7. I got my second covid vaccination about 2 hours ago and am extremely nervous about side effects. I'm trying to load up on water and cross my fingers for the best.

Oh I feel for you ladies who go overdue.

my first was a week over and I was actually depressed during that week.

then my 2nd was 2 weeks early and my third surprised me by going to 39+6! So who knows what this 4th will do but I doubt I’ll go over like I did with my first. I know 3rd birth is considered the wildcard so I can’t compare but I do feel he or she will be born sometime in the 39th week, last week of October!

I have a friend who had 3 babies right on her due date and then her 4th was 2 weeks late - that was so hard for her! She thought she’d have a November baby and it was a December one!!

I’d be terrified to go over. My babies get so big. My 37 week baby was 7lb7oz. My 38 week baby was 8lb1oz. My day before due date baby was 9lb6oz. If I went over I’d probably have a ten pound baby on my hands!

Know the feeling. I've gone 7 and 10 days over with both boys and they were 9lb 7oz and 9lb 10oz! Dont mind them being in that long, id just prefer not to be induced!

Got my first covid vaccine today and couldn't be happier. Havent left the house since Christmas except for doctor/hospital/dentis. It will be great that things can slowly get back to normal.

Is anyone else due to get their vaccine soon?

I had my first 4 weeks ago so waiting to hear from gp about my second. I need to book my whooping cough too.

My biggest was 8lb 15. That was with the ex tho and I was 2 weeks overdue so 42 weeks..
He got very stuck and had to have forceps and he was born not breathing because he was so stuck.
I new he was big because I felt so so heavy and I was absolutely huge. Way bigger than I am now.

I'm not even achey yet. Normoly I am by now with SPD and PGP but I feel fine and still so light.
I haven't put on as much weight this time either and even tho my bump is bigish its not hard and still squishy.
Mine and DH biggest was 7lb 11oz and that was at 40 weeks.
So hopefully this one will be around 6 to 8lbs max.
I have no hips I'm very narrow and I've already told my consultant if the baby starts measuring big then I want to be induced no later than 37 weeks.
I don't mind going as close to 38 weeks as they can get me just as long as the baby is not huge.

@sadeyedlady i just got my second vaccine (Pfizer) about 4 hours ago. No side effects yet although it’s still early.

Going over due sucks.

I'm so glad I'm being induced early again because If I wasn't I wud be so worried about going over.
My first was 4 days early. Then 2nd 14 days late.

Mine and DH eldest DS came at 40 weeks exactly.
Our DD was born at 35+4 weeks due to pre eclampsia and ICP.

DS was 37+3 weeks because of ICP again

And this one will be 37 to 38 weeks.
I'm never pushed to go over 38 weeks because I've had a liver transplant.

I wud hate to have to go to 40 or more Sod that.
I'm gonna be so done by 35 weeks I always am by that stage. So 37 to 38 weeks suits me just fine.

Anyone else suffering from dry flaky skin? My legs are terrible.

My next growth Scan appointment came today and it's on 6th July. I will be 28+5 weeks.
Still thinking of booking a privet 4D scan for 30 weeks.

@topazicatzbet Congrats! Which vaccine did you get? Need to book in for my whooping cough aswell. Is the whopping cough vaccine a new thing? I wasn't asked to get it with last baby in 2017?

@sil Congrats! I got the moderna. Have a sore arm and very tired. Fingers crossed that's the worst of it!

@topazicatzbet Congrats! Which vaccine did you get? Need to book in for my whooping cough aswell. Is the whopping cough vaccine a new thing? I wasn't asked to get it with last baby in 2017?

@sil Congrats! I got the moderna. Have a sore arm and very tired. Fingers crossed that's the worst of it!
I had the pfizer. Just has a sore arm and that was it.

I had the whooping cough with my pregnancy in 2018

@sil hope there aren’t any vaccine side effects this round for you! Good luck! And you’re right about them estimating the baby’s weight - it’s just guessing and more than often they’re wrong! Inducing based on that estimation is totally sketchy.

This one better not pull out the wild card on me, I’d hate to go over. Absolutely hate it.

Wow off for 1 day and 2 pages to read Lol! Sorry if I forget anyone!!

About baby size- my baby's have gone natural 10 days late 7lb 12.05, natural 14 days late 7lb13.05, induced 38 weeks 7lb 10, induced 36 weeks 5lb 9, induction fail emcs 37weeks 7lb5 haemorrhage really bad needed transfusions, vbac induction fail emcs 38 weeks 7lb12. So all roughly the same size. Iv never had an epistonomy, forceps or tear before. I remember after one birth the doctor saying I have the perfect labour body.... I found that really creepy Lol!!

@Mummy2Corban Do you mean a drip to contract the uterus? If so I haven't had that appointment yet but if they don't say anything I will request it, after my last section after 2 weeks or so I had a massive bleed they think was causes by my uterus not contracting enough and that caused an infection.

@daniyaaq sorry your hg hasn't got any better but hoping the extra appointments will support you better!

I have my next scan mid July and then consultant after. Hopefully find out where the placenta is covering or not. Not that it matters as I'm having a repeat section anyways.

Had my first covid jab about 5 weeks ago pfizer and having the second before 36 weeks. Had whooping cough injection today so that's another thing off the list and gtt booked for 2 weeks bleurgh lol x

I’m proper worried about whooping cough vaccine never had it before and my body being so sensitive to everything right now I’m just conflicted on whether I’ll get it.

I deffo got it because a friend of mines baby nearly died from it so imo it's worth any pain I can take for keeping my baby safe. It stung but then absolutely no symptoms other then sore arm cos i just laid on it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->