October/November Conkers 2021***

@Reiko_ctu I’ve got my appointment today with midwife she’ll go through results and give me a hard copy of the report.
I’m with you, very Impatient towards the end, I’m in a new town since birth of my other two so I’m not sure how tolerant they will be to the fact that I’ll be begging for any and everything to help things along the minute I reach 37… with the hope I can bother them enough to actually give me something at 38.

@ciz those clothes are gorgeous. Can’t wait to find out what you having.

@Mummy2Corban when I say I’m terrible at packing hospital bag, I’m pretty sure I packed it couple days before girls were born. So at 37/38.

@Suggerhoney i think you look about the same, but I was thinking you were bigger with your previous DS just slightly.

@daniyaaq I'm soo impatient too, I reach about 35-36 weeks before the pain and pressure get to me but can push through to 37 when I know baby is cooked but by then I'm soo done! This time I'm having my first elective section so I can't even keep myself busy trying to naturally induce! With the 6 kids if had not 1 of the (feels like) 100 sweeps has helped lol

Ahh thank you ladies. I'm carrying a little higher this time so it sticks out a tad more I think.
Just getting a bit panicky about having a massive baby. I'm only tiny so freeking out a bit.
He's only on 38th centile from my 24×5 weeks growth scan but I know all that can change.
Next growth scan should be around 28 weeks just waiting on a date to be posted through.

I know bump size means nothing really and some womon can have a huge bump but have a tiny baba and other womon can have a tiny bump and have a big baby but just getting a little worried.

I pack my hospital bag at 34 weeks..
I'm being induced at 37 to 38 weeks but will still have it packed by 34 weeks.
With our DD I packed my bag at 34 weeks and I had her at 35+4 weeks so need to be prepared a littler ealier.

We have brought a moses basket and it's lovely.
So that's a steriliser and a moses basket now.
Already have a pram from DS which I will set up at 34 weeks too.

Need to buy a bouncer and some bottles and a few other bits and pieces.
Gonna sore through DS newborn stuff soon too.
26 weeks on Saturday and getting excited to meet him now.

The unknown if he has downs or not does still worry me too.
I think that's another reason I just can't wait now for September and to have him in my arms so I know he is ok and healthy.
Scans have all been great including growth scan so hopefully that means he is perfectly healthy.

I have my second (yes really) Midwife appointment on Wednesday. I've not seen her since I was 8 weeks.
Be interesting too see what my fundal height is.

Ye I love trying new patterns for kids clothes. Here’s a couple pieces I’ve made for friends 1st bub, will be definitely be making the suit again. View attachment 1099349

There lovely hon.

Hope everyone is ok. Sorry I still haven't read though the whole thread I feel bad. Bud damn u ladies move fast haha.

@Reiko_ctu
When is ure scan hon. Sitting here and needing another gender reveal hehe

@Suggerhoney i share that fear, I haven’t had a big baby yet but I still worry about it a lot. I’m so small and tiny i’d hate for baby to get stuck

My biggest was 7-13 and she just popped out! My littlest was 7-6 and was the most painful to push I think. I don’t think this baby will get more than 8 lbs I just can’t grow them that big!!

@Reiko_ctu i can’t imagine that, why do you think your biggest was easier?
Probably because I wasn’t expecting it. I was trying to hold her in and she was born in the car XD

I will say, this pregnancy is really reminding me of hers and I’d be happy to have another no-push delivery XD my healing was sooo easy after her and my pelvic floor was top shape!

Saw midwife today. Ultrasound all good, baby nice and healthy. Cervix still nice and long and placenta clear from the cervix. Had couple of tests done that got results for, after consulting with consultant I’ll be getting iron transfusions. I guess the supplements have maintained my levels not increased, so that should be happening in few weeks. I have hyperthyroidism which explains the heartbeat issues and possibly difficulty sleeping.

midwife now moving me to bi weekly appointments because I’m so miserable they wanna keep an eye on me with the HG still being so severe.

Saw midwife today. Ultrasound all good, baby nice and healthy. Cervix still nice and long and placenta clear from the cervix. Had couple of tests done that got results for, after consulting with consultant I’ll be getting iron transfusions. I guess the supplements have maintained my levels not increased, so that should be happening in few weeks. I have hyperthyroidism which explains the heartbeat issues and possibly difficulty sleeping.

midwife now moving me to bi weekly appointments because I’m so miserable they wanna keep an eye on me with the HG still being so severe.
All of that makes sense! I hope you feel a bit better with some clarity around the symptoms. Really good news about your cervix!! That’s really reassuring at this point! Good luck with the iron transfusions… my mom had that but I’ve never. Do you get any side effects from it do you think? Good you’re getting seen a bit more often. Hope time is speedy and you get a bit of relief from it all soon xx

Haven’t had iron transfusion before but some people seem to have side effects, so far from my research nothing too worrying. Will probably just need to rest up a day or so after.

I do feel better but also because my midwife is so lovely, she asked the consultant so many questions even related to HG and what they can do to help me. She’s quite lovely, I love that I get to have her. The consultant was also happy for her to deal with them and also come to the clinic for consults rather than me being shifted so I’m as happy with that, I want her all the way for sure.

@daniyaaq im so pleased you have some explanation as to what’s going on and that they are keeping a good eye on you. Your midwife sounds great! Always reassuring knowing someone has your back. I’m not sure I’ll see the same midwife throughout this pregnancy?! I guess we will see when I go at 28 weeks.

I think I was most impatient with my first and a little with my 2nd but after 5 babies being late I fully expect to be late again! I think if baby was early I would be very shocked!!! Specially with this one measuring 11 days ahead and knowing my cycle would have been 23 days long and I ovulated day 11 that I know this baby could go over my due date. Plus having a half term at the end of October it would be good if DH was still home to help juggle my other 5 monsters as i won’t have any help otherwise.

I love the range of packing hospital bags! I think once everyone is back at school in September after the school holidays I’ll venture into the city and buy what I need. I’ve only ever stayed in over night with my first so I’ve only ever had baby, had a shower and then left but with talk of this drip after birth I may pack a little more just encase.

I’m also wondering if we will have any restrictions for labour etc in October?!

I do feel for you ladies not getting seen much. At 28 weeks aren’t you basically done?

I was in overnight with my first as well I think being a ftm and young (19) they expected to keep me in 2 days but after the first night and surprising them by bathing my own baby they let me go. Hoping to do a birth, shower, leave with this one as well.

Covid being so unpredictable I can’t rule out restrictions. Proper expecting them.

@daniyaaq the schedule here will be face time face at 28, 32, 36, 38, 40 and 41 weeks. But like @Suggerhoney haven’t seen the midwife since 8-9 weeks. Should get a phone call from the midwife next week though to hopefully book in my 28 week visit.

Im hoping to do the same! I just hope the drs don’t kick up a fuss about being baby 6.

@Suggerhoney and @Catmumof4 have your drs/consultants mentioned anything about a drip after birth to contract everything?!

I was not impatient with my first at all but I was a young 17yo teen mom and I was so scared! But he came in his due date he was huge and I was tiny! They told me he was maybe 5lbs and he came out 8lbs2oz 22 1/2 inches! I had a 4th degree tear though and that was brutal I fully believe it was because she gave me an episiotomy I was tiny like 120lb the day he was born but I birth babies pretty easily. I refused all episiotomy since then and never tore again until my last baby but I got to the hospital too late for an epidural (even though I'd only been in labor for about 45 minutes! ) and my body was screaming at me to turn over but they flat out refused and damn near pinned me down on my back, I have a lower and upper spinal fusion, and I know that's why I tore. But with my last my doctor kept trying to have be be induced and I kept refusing I really wanted to go into labor on my own for once, my first was the only time I had before, and he ended up coming in his due date as well! So I have 2 due date babies lol I don't know what I'll do this time doctor wants me to induce so she can be there (she was in vacation last one and she quite upset that they didn't let me labor how I wanted to) but I'm just not sure yet as I really liked that experience of going into labor naturally but hated how I was treated so I'm so torn! My labors our less than an hour ago I have to be quick but it's better than sitting and waiting for the meds to start it? I don't know I'm so torn, the planned convenience is really nice as well with the other kids though so I don't know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->