Mental Health

I’ve just walked into DD1s bedroom to find her crying . I asked her what was wrong and she said she misses her grandparents . She misses hugging then and going to play in their house .

These are children that have gone from seeing them everyday , having play dates etc to only seeing them 1/2 times a week max always socially distancing .

I don’t know if it’s becuase we always have a family get together at Halloween with food , drinks and games and this has just re surfaced those emotions . It Just broke my heart . They have had no physical contact with them since middle of March .

I know many other families are in the same position. We always go on about our mental health but what about our children’s mental health and well-being . I know we are all sacrificing so much to keep our loved ones safe.

Aww poor thing :( I can imagine how heartbreaking this must have been to see.

I actually always worry most about my kids more than me. They seem sturdy though and take stuff in their their stride. But I know they miss their grandmother (my mum) too. We haven't seen her since the beginning of the year, she noramlly comes every 6 to 8 weeks and stays with us for up to a week. It really is so sad. Facetime just doesn't compare. It is really hard and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight :(
But I know that it is really taking a toll on my mum. It breaks her heart to be missing out on so much. She isn't in the best of health and almost 80, so seeing her grandkids grow up is what keeps her going. Luckily she has my brother's kids close to where she lives so she isn't totally without. But I can tell that she is so sad. :(
I hope your girl feels more cheerful soon. Maybe have an extra facetime with the grandparents at least? :hugs:

Oh wow just found this - the timing could not be better!

i am really starting to struggle too, the holidays are what get me through the winter and I love Thanksgiving and Christmas so much and look forward to all our family traditions pretty much all year. We won’t have any of it this year- not any of it. It’s the thing that is finally pushing me from just stressed to straight up depressed. The winter weather always brought with it the promise of cozy indoor get-togethers, our Thanksgiving with family and staying at our favorite hotel, all the fabulous Christmas traditions and parties... all just gone. I know we can make the best of it and we will, but today the wind is out of my sails and I’m just so sad I can’t stand it.

:hugs: I know how you feel, it is depressing me too when I think about it. I am trying to actively push it away from me for now :(

It's so depressing isn't it :( I feel like everyone, especially the kids, have missed out on so much this year and so many usual traditions won't be happening. :(

U.K. government expected to announce 4 week lockdown on a Monday starting Wednesday 4 November ending on 1 December .

The year just keeps on giving .....

Now I’m stressed over getting the rest of the kids Xmas presents and DD2s birthday is 5 December !!

Aww poor thing :( I can imagine how heartbreaking this must have been to see.

I actually always worry most about my kids more than me. They seem sturdy though and take stuff in their their stride. But I know they miss their grandmother (my mum) too. We haven't seen her since the beginning of the year, she noramlly comes every 6 to 8 weeks and stays with us for up to a week. It really is so sad. Facetime just doesn't compare. It is really hard and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight :(
But I know that it is really taking a toll on my mum. It breaks her heart to be missing out on so much. She isn't in the best of health and almost 80, so seeing her grandkids grow up is what keeps her going. Luckily she has my brother's kids close to where she lives so she isn't totally without. But I can tell that she is so sad. :(
I hope your girl feels more cheerful soon. Maybe have an extra facetime with the grandparents at least? :hugs:

Aww I know it’s acatully so hard for them but mine have been troopers too I think they just break at times ! I hope your mum is doing ok !!? Glad she’s got family near by too it’s hard for them too ,

They are actually coming over well I say that actually just to the gate , we will stay in the garden , so they can give them some treats for Halloween !

Oh wow just found this - the timing could not be better!

i am really starting to struggle too, the holidays are what get me through the winter and I love Thanksgiving and Christmas so much and look forward to all our family traditions pretty much all year. We won’t have any of it this year- not any of it. It’s the thing that is finally pushing me from just stressed to straight up depressed. The winter weather always brought with it the promise of cozy indoor get-togethers, our Thanksgiving with family and staying at our favorite hotel, all the fabulous Christmas traditions and parties... all just gone. I know we can make the best of it and we will, but today the wind is out of my sails and I’m just so sad I can’t stand it.

I’m starting to feel this way too ! The hope that we would all be together at Xmas is slowing fading but I’m keeping that bit of hope ! I hope you do too !
We still carry on and make the best of it for our kiddies ! Us mums will pull Xmas off this year I’m sure ! Xx

It's a difficult time, everyone worries about something and is used to a new life. I think it's okay to worry. It's okay to feel out of place, too. I try to just do what I can. We sometimes go to the park, play outside, but most of the time we spend at home. At first, it was difficult, but now I like everything.

It's a difficult time, everyone worries about something and is used to a new life. I think it's okay to worry. It's okay to feel out of place, too. I try to just do what I can. We sometimes go to the park, play outside, but most of the time we spend at home. At first, it was difficult, but now I like everything.
the same, and I am trying to see positve sides of the situation.

We will all come through this stronger and together with a new found sense of freedom .

We will hang in there cause there’s always hope love and joy . And chaos in my house ha xx

@ Babybump87 - agree, now, I have the biggest chaos I have ever had :)

@ Babybump87 - agree, now, I have the biggest chaos I have ever had :)
Haha I love the craziness but sometimes it does get too crazy and a bit overwhelming ! I will miss all mine when they go back to work and school although DS will still be with me the house loses some of its atmosphere !

I am worried about the girls going back to school more so with this new strain . We have been on our own lovely little family bubble over Christmas !

I’ve just seen all primary schools in London are to close . Wonder if the rest of England will follow suit.

I've never felt so bad in my life. I don't even know what to do anymore. I've given up. I am supposed to call my doctor if my symptoms got worse because I'm on a new medication but I don't see the point. So the $400 we just spent on this medication can be for nothing and we can try another one. Nothing works. I'm too far gone. I don't think I will ever be happy again after all this.

I've never felt so bad in my life. I don't even know what to do anymore. I've given up. I am supposed to call my doctor if my symptoms got worse because I'm on a new medication but I don't see the point. So the $400 we just spent on this medication can be for nothing and we can try another one. Nothing works. I'm too far gone. I don't think I will ever be happy again after all this.
Oh Phantom I feel so sorry for you ! I know things seem bad right now but please don’t give up , things will get better and you will be happy again !
Please speak to your GP again. Hang in there I know it’s sooo hard . Can you go out for walks by yourself , maybe take 5 minutes to have a breather . How long have you been on your new medication? , it can take upto 6 weeks so my
GP told me for it to fully kick in .
Lots of hugs to you . Xoxox

I'm so sorry :( Please do speak with your doctor again. I hope the medication will work soon :hugs:

Oh Phantom I feel so sorry for you ! I know things seem bad right now but please don’t give up , things will get better and you will be happy again !
Please speak to your GP again. Hang in there I know it’s sooo hard . Can you go out for walks by yourself , maybe take 5 minutes to have a breather . How long have you been on your new medication? , it can take upto 6 weeks so my
GP told me for it to fully kick in .
Lots of hugs to you . Xoxox

It's been about 9 weeks now. I've actually gotten worse on this one. My eating disorder is back in full force. Before that the medication I was one effected my thyroid and I had toxic levels in my blood and awful symptoms so I had to come off that one too. It's like a nightmare living with all these restrictions. It's hard to find hope.

I'm so sorry your eating disorder is back :hugs: Mine came back during the first set of lockdowns we had. It's like we need something we can control just us in the middle of everything else being so uncontrollable. I found that I found a sense of control and calm by turning to eating disorder behaviours. I didn't even really see it myself at the time. I totally get it :hugs: Is there any kind of therapy you can go to with a therapist who has been through or understands eating disorders? I'm thinking of you and here if you need to talk :hugs:

It's been about 9 weeks now. I've actually gotten worse on this one. My eating disorder is back in full force. Before that the medication I was one effected my thyroid and I had toxic levels in my blood and awful symptoms so I had to come off that one too. It's like a nightmare living with all these restrictions. It's hard to find hope.
Sorry to read this lovely . I hope you can speak to your GP again . Some can make you worse rather than better it’s just finding that one medication that will click to you and your body , sometimes it’s a hard road to get there . You will get there .
That’s exactly it Bev everything is out of our control and we as humans need to have control over our day to day lives .
I hope you find someone you can talk to that will help with the eating disorder . We are all hear for you for some advice and words of hope or just simply to vent ! Xxoxox

I really hate all this, my anxiety is an all time high, part of me feels lonely yet the other part of me wants everyone to leave me alone :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->