Mental Health

Babybump87

Reaction score
How are you all taking care of your mental health ?

I feel so anxious at times and I haven’t been out the house in 7 weeks so its starting to take its toll !
I’ve no underlying health conditions etc but I still
feel really scared to go out, but I think it’s come to the point I need to go for a walk or something by myself !!

Hope your all well and safe xx

We are getting out of the house every day for walks. We are lucky to be surrounded by woodland as it helps a lot.
I'm so sorry you're struggling. It can really take its toll :hugs:

Thanks Bev . I’m surprised it took this long so Im proud of myself for that !
I am hardly in the house always out and about !

Glad you have the woodland must be lovely on nice days like this , I love the smell of woodland!

I will pull my big girl pants up and go out later

I hope it goes well and hope it helps you :)

I'm kind of lucky - I'm still working so have no choice but to go out every day.

My anxiety is crippling me though. I can't sleep, I finally get off to sleep around 2/3am and wake up at 6am naturally and can't get back again.

I feel sick all the time and I feel spaced out and dizzy, I know its just anxiety though.

How are you all coping day to day?

Xxx

That sounds awful hun. You must be exhausted :hugs:

My anxiety is crazy. Due to covid 19 and other stuff.

We have been going for walks-wood 5 mins walk away.

Hugs guys xxxx

Rhino - hope your ok Hun , sounds like your really going through it ! Don’t worry Hun this won’t last forever things will hopefully slowly start getting back to a normal way of life ! Just do what you can day to day .

This is a great idea for a threat, thanks for starting it babybump87.

I got my BFP just before Boris announced lockdown. I remember being at my daughter's trampoline club when another parent said lockdown was happening. Tbh I was terrified, when we got home and she was in bed I cried. I cried because of all the uncertainty, because I was bringing new life (albeit in December) into this current world and my hormones were all over the place.

I used to only go out with DH and didn't go into any shops for a long time.

Now I've had to go to appointments on my own I've realised that I can do it and it's going to be ok. I have a mask and have been into a few shops but never when it's busy.

I feel a lot bette about everything now but the start was hard

BnB has always been a good place for me to share my fears / worries / general anxiety and I know a lot of people have all these now and don’t want to tell family members etc! It’s ok to cry and be frustrated / annoyed etc !

You can so do this and hopefully by the time your LO is born things will be better !

I felt and still feel everything you have mentioned about all the uncertainty . I was worried about DDs asking questions about school , family . I didn’t want to lie to them but then I didn’t want to scare them . So we have just gone with theirs a bug going around and we need to stay in to keep safe ! They have been accepting of this and have been so good with staying in and the lack of contact from family and friends so I am so proud of them for this!

We will all deal with this in our own way . Some days I feel so frustrated that things don’t seem to be getting better and then others I don’t even think about the virus .

I just pray that everyone I love comes out of this the other side and the togetherness I have seen over the last few weeks remains and we take that from this .

My service dog and I are out every day for a walk or a swim at the point, and she helps me when I need my essentials. I’m also keeping myself busy by looking at houses for moving. They’re going to start opening back up elective surgeries at select hospitals in Ontario. So fingers crossed that the hospital in my city is one of them so I can have my weight loss surgery done and get on the road to TTC

@Babybump87
Its reassuring to know other people can understand what we are feeling. I have suffered immensely with anxiety which is so much better now but sometimes i have what we call 'down days' and when i say that my DH knows to be extra nice and patient. Sometimes works, sometimes doesnt but its helps him understand a little better without me going into full details which can be hard and he knows that i might need more me time.

I'm working from home and really miss the office life. Just the interaction with my staff and colleagues really.

We will all defo come out of this and will look back and think wow, did that really happen?!

@CowgirlBaby
Your service dog sounds lovely, i wish i had a dog. We are thinking (hoping) to move house next year so will get a dog then.

That will be fab if your city can offer you the surgery so you can TTC :)

Its sunny again here in the UK so i'm most definitely looking forward to my walk later. I never ever went out for walks until lockdown. Every cloud :)

I'm in the UK and it's rainy and windy up north, boo :(

@Babybump87
Its reassuring to know other people can understand what we are feeling. I have suffered immensely with anxiety which is so much better now but sometimes i have what we call 'down days' and when i say that my DH knows to be extra nice and patient. Sometimes works, sometimes doesnt but its helps him understand a little better without me going into full details which can be hard and he knows that i might need more me time.

I'm working from home and really miss the office life. Just the interaction with my staff and colleagues really.

We will all defo come out of this and will look back and think wow, did that really happen?!

@CowgirlBaby
Your service dog sounds lovely, i wish i had a dog. We are thinking (hoping) to move house next year so will get a dog then.

That will be fab if your city can offer you the surgery so you can TTC :)

Its sunny again here in the UK so i'm most definitely looking forward to my walk later. I never ever went out for walks until lockdown. Every cloud :)

Anxiety is a real issue and I think some people just don’t get how bad it can be ! I’m glad your DH understands you and I’m glad you don’t suffer as bad with it now ! We all have these down days too xx

I know me and DH were talking today saying one day we will look back at this and say wow did that happen ! .

I'm not doing fantastically. I was cool with it at first but the more things get cancelled, the more down I get. So far a few concerts, a show we had tickets to, and local baseball is 100 percent done for. And there are several area festivals that happen yearly that I had to accept weren't happening.

I feel so sad for my kids missing out so much on school cause elementary school is fun.

Then there is the fact that people on FB are getting downright nasty at each other.

Yeah...I'm a bit down.

My partner is the only thing keeping me sane right now.

I'm not doing fantastically. I was cool with it at first but the more things get cancelled, the more down I get. So far a few concerts, a show we had tickets to, and local baseball is 100 percent done for. And there are several area festivals that happen yearly that I had to accept weren't happening.

I feel so sad for my kids missing out so much on school cause elementary school is fun.

Then there is the fact that people on FB are getting downright nasty at each other.

Yeah...I'm a bit down.

My partner is the only thing keeping me sane right now.

I'm so sorry you're struggling :hugs:

I know the more this goes on the more I feel down too! We did go for a walk first time in like 7 weeks ! The kids loved it , it was a tad busy but everyone respected the social distancing rules . I wouldn’t go again at that time .

Kids have already missed out on seeing family for 8 weeks , numerous birthday celebrations cancelled , local events , school , just general day to day life is on hold it seems in a way !

The more I read about it the more anxious I feel so I’m not even reading anymore. I don’t know what to feel more scared about the coronavirus or the virus being linked to kawasaki disease which I know has been around a long time and it’s rare , but golly it’s raised my anxiety!

I will be glad when we can say gosh remember when covid 19 was around!

My mental health isn't very good right now as my husband went to work in the start of March so I can't see him and havent seen him from March, he is on base (He's Navy). It's hard to pass this without him! My girls are missing him, Nina wishes the coronavirus away so that daddy can come home.

Some things are open here and we are allowed to do much more. We go out for a walk every day and enjoy the sun, but we're mostly at home for safety I worry that people here are not careful about safety and hygiene. I miss seeing adults, it is getting lonely. Facetime is very convenient, but I miss meeting people directly. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->